Happy Birthday JetNation

Maxman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

super8new__index.jpg

Congrats Max! 

Truly the best collection of Jets fans on the interwebz, in a well-cultivated environment. An achievement nothing short of "super". 

Cheers!

ohh I get it...  you took the movie Super 8 and made it about the site.

because JN is 8 years old..  and super.

pretty creative stuff!!

Best forum on the internet, hands down.  Been a member since late '05 I think? and I have come here almost every single day since.  Appreciate what you've done here Max.  Mafia forum and Jets discussion alike...it's a great place to be!

You're the man!

I don't even know what mafia game is:(

Me either. The one forum here I've never been in.

Jokes aside the game is actually pretty easy to understand but hard to master. There is a group of people, some good and a few bad. The bad people know who each other are and may communicate privately while the good people only know that they themselves are good and must figure out who is good and bad during the course of the game. The game revolves around everyone voting to kill one person during the day and the bad people choosing to kill one person at night. When a majority vote is reached to kill someone during the day the moderator pronounces them dead and tells everyone whether they were good or bad and then night starts. Like I said before at night the bad people decide who they want to kill and tell the game moderator who then tells the rest of the game who died during the night and whether they were good or bad. This continues until either all the bad people are killed or until the number of bad people equals the number of good people thus preventing a majority vote.

And that's a basic game of mafia, hope to see you both there soon!  :cool0044:

Jokes aside the game is actually pretty easy to understand but hard to master. There is a group of people, some good and a few bad. The bad people know who each other are and may communicate privately while the good people only know that they themselves are good and must figure out who is good and bad during the course of the game. The game revolves around everyone voting to kill one person during the day and the bad people choosing to kill one person at night. When a majority vote is reached to kill someone during the day the moderator pronounces them dead and tells everyone whether they were good or bad and then night starts. Like I said before at night the bad people decide who they want to kill and tell the game moderator who then tells the rest of the game who died during the night and whether they were good or bad. This continues until either all the bad people are killed or until the number of bad people equals the number of good people thus preventing a majority vote.

And that's a basic game of mafia, hope to see you both there soon!  :cool0044:

I want to play. My rule will be if I get killed the game ends and we start a new game immediately! Seems reasonable, I will win one eventually, lol.

Best forum on the internet, hands down.  Been a member since late '05 I think? and I have come here almost every single day since.  Appreciate what you've done here Max.  Mafia forum and Jets discussion alike...it's a great place to be!

You're the man!

You signed up on November 14, 2005. It was about 45 degrees, you signed up in the morning if I remember correctly. :)

And you are on the verge of 10,000 posts. Get there soon. You can do it!

Thanks.

Max is great, but it's the great posters who make this site what it is.

Except for Tom and JiF, they're dragging this place into the gutter and should be banned.

Me?  Tom I understand and agree....but me???? I make this place tick.  A buzz if you will.  Plus, Crusher is my muffin top, you ban me you lose the greatest internet persona this world has ever known.

Who does Tom take with him?  The ILK?  Lulz

I want to play. My rule will be if I get killed the game ends and we start a new game immediately! Seems reasonable, I will win one eventually, lol.

Max, if you played, guarantee you'd last until endgame.  In close to 100 % of games we let new people play out a game in its entirety to get a feel for it, unless you announce that you are scum (I.E. bad guy) or something.  Its basically an unwritten rule.

You people are making a good name for the Mafia- who would have thunk it!

What do you mean "you people"?  lol.

Which is exactly why Tom is never in there. Hey Now.

Tom played a game with us once.  I've awaited his return ever since but he's always too busy blowing dudes and stuff.

I think if Max and Tom came to play a game at the same time the internets would explode.

With all the great quotes in history who even thought the phrase;And take your two flunkie's with you would build a Nation?? Here's to another eight if you live that long Maxie.. :winking0001:  

No gonna lie, that was a great quote.  We found it to be very motivational.  :)

Take your flunkies with you.  Um, okay.

I still feel like a new guy.

You were put on double secret probation when you signed up.  You were flagged in error, you didn't belong on the no fly list.  Your email address triggered those precautions though.  :)

Archived