•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sal Palen on Mike Lupi

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

enough with the conspiracy crap

I can't wait intil izdik cleanses the circus.  too bad it's gonna take another off season

If he's been forcing the issue with Geno, then it may take longer than that.  No decent HC may want to take the job if they know that Idzik is going to be interfering with who starts.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#27 jl12

jl12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

why not? what has geno showed you so far that simms hasn't.  Why would a proven failure in sanchez give you more hope? I won't even comment on noodle arm McElroy. There is no concrete reason showing that Simms couldn't be legit....vice virsa too but hell, what do we got to lose.....what would make me respect Idzik more is seeing him call Simms # bc he is playing better rather than forcing it on Geno just bc he drafted him high. You make mistakes in the draft, it happens.....Geno maybe shoulda been a 3rd or 4th rounder with the way he is playing now.  Plus, do you not see the rocket Simms has for an arm?! And his energy is clearly contagious to the rest of the team....maybe even Holmes will even get on board with someone like him

Okay, I'm all for it.  Let's hope you're right.  Really at the rate we're going in McElroy will be starting in Week one.  I believe in a player's "energy". Good points.

#28 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Okay, I'm all for it.  Let's hope you're right.  Really at the rate we're going in McElroy will be starting in Week one.  I believe in a player's "energy". Good points.

I'm rarely right...I also wanted Brad Smith to be our QB at one point too.   :winking0001:

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#29 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Simms was never a good player in college In spite of his big arm.  When he came to the Jets I figured it was a favor to his father.  When he was still on the team when OTA's open I posted" what is he still doing to the team, he's awful"

Got to say he has really intrigued me the last two weeks.  Last week 5-5, looked good.  This week think it was 10-14 with two drops a TD and a crazy 70 yard pass.   What an arm the kid has.  that 70'er to Spandola was incredible.  He was on the run threw form one step off the goal line, across his body, and off his back foot.  LOL.  Spandola caught it at the 40 on a line.  I've watched the play like 20 times on the replay.  Still impressed

It's fun to find a player every year that is a long shot to be a game changer.  Of course most of them go bust.  His father was certainly an excellent player, kids got a monster arm, so why not Simms?  Having the monster arm is about 70% of the battle.

I want to see him quite a bit against the Eagles.

#30 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,967 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

He deserves it, sure.  So do whole lot of other kids.  I don't see Simms developing into anything.  Does the name Brett Ratliff mean anything to you?

Yeah, so do the names Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, well you get my point.

#31 jl12

jl12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Simms was never a good player in college In spite of his big arm.  When he came to the Jets I figured it was a favor to his father.  When he was still on the team when OTA's open I posted" what is he still doing to the team, he's awful"

Got to say he has really intrigued me the last two weeks.  Last week 5-5, looked good.  This week think it was 10-14 with two drops a TD and a crazy 70 yard pass.   What an arm the kid has.  that 70'er to Spandola was incredible.  He was on the run threw form one step off the goal line, across his body, and off his back foot.  LOL.  Spandola caught it at the 40 on a line.  I've watched the play like 20 times on the replay.  Still impressed

It's fun to find a player every year that is a long shot to be a game changer.  Of course most of them go bust.  His father was certainly an excellent player, kids got a monster arm, so why not Simms?  Having the monster arm is about 70% of the battle.

I want to see him quite a bit against the Eagles.

Yeah, so do the names Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, well you get my point.

I don't see it.

#32 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,967 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I don't see it.

All of them started where Simms is right now. It can go either way. You dont know until they get out there. Brady was almost cut his rookie year and put on the PS. Romo was, Warner was bagging groceries. Some guys develop different then others. Simms could be Ratliff, or he could be great. You can't blame the guy for doing that well against the 3's. Its who he was playing against and that is not his fault. Sanchez went in against the 2's and almost destroyed his shoulder. My point is he has earned a move up and a look at what he can do.

Edited by RSJ, 26 August 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#33 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

I don't see it.

your probably right.  Like I said in OTA's I thought he was a joke.   Kids had back to back good games.  Wanna see him again

#34 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

why not? what has geno showed you so far that simms hasn't.  Why would a proven failure in sanchez give you more hope? I won't even comment on noodle arm McElroy. There is no concrete reason showing that Simms couldn't be legit....vice virsa too but hell, what do we got to lose.....what would make me respect Idzik more is seeing him call Simms # bc he is playing better rather than forcing it on Geno just bc he drafted him high. You make mistakes in the draft, it happens.....Geno maybe shoulda been a 3rd or 4th rounder with the way he is playing now.  Plus, do you not see the rocket Simms has for an arm?! And his energy is clearly contagious to the rest of the team....maybe even Holmes will even get on board with someone like him

I dont know why he wouldnt call simms number if he was playing better.  And by he, I mean whoever is making the decision, not too sure it is Idzik.  Simms has paid his dues the past year(or 2?).  Maybe Simms just doesnt have it yet.  I hate teh sanchez too but I would hope that our best healthy qb will take the field week 1.  that is the good thing about drafting Geno in rd 2.  No pressure on geno and no pressure on the jets to start him right away.

#35 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

I love that emotion he showed, but that is labeled in the douchebag category from every opposing fan of any QB who does this, like Cutler, Rivers, and yes Tom Brady, if he is your guy you love it, but if he isn't you F'N HATE IT WITH A PASSION, AND CALL HIM A DOUCHE!!!! Some guys thou will still act like a Douche even when they suck, and it is not appropriate, for example Kyle Wilson the man pounds his chest after he gets burnt like toast, but the QB over threw the wide open WR, that to me is a ******* Douche. If a QB does this while sucking, and being down 24 points, or having a really bad season then yea he is a douche.

unless I missed some huge celebration, what about pumping your fists is douchy? he didn't do any cartwheels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users