Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be drinking out of the cup though id imagine. Was he in place in 99 or no?

Yeah, he was in charge in 99 when Knicks went to Finals. Thats the closest Dolan has been to a championship

• 2 weeks later...

Now that legitimate media sources are saying that the Heat have plans to pursue Melo and that LeBron wants to play with Melo, we don't hear the "Melo sucks" argument much.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN's Heat reporter, is saying Melo has "many options".

I guess the claim by some fans that no one would want Melo wasn't true after all.

Now that legitimate media sources are saying that the Heat have plans to pursue Melo and that LeBron wants to play with Melo, we don't hear the "Melo sucks" argument much.

I guess the claim by some fans that no one would want Melo wasn't true after all.

In the middle of the finals in which the Heat are still playing. Exact proof why the NBA is FUBAR.

Rashard Lewis better watch his ass or he's going to lose his 9th man role.

I would rather the ball in Lebrons hands 100% of the time than splitting it with Melo. What's Melos role in Miami?

Of course the ball will remain in LeBron's hands.

Haven't you watched the Olympics with Lebron and Melo? Lebron will have a ton of extra assists with Melo.

• 2 weeks later...

Melo is going to opt out, and multiple reports from the NY beat writers and out of Chicago is that he's going to the Bulls.

Just like I thought.

Let the rebuild begin.

Melo is going to opt out, and multiple reports from the NY beat writers and out of Chicago is that he's going to the Bulls.

Melo is going to resign with the Knicks. Not one of the rumored destinations makes any sense at all. He won't leave enough money on the table or play enough defense for Chicago or Miami, his game is total anathema to Houston's offense. At the end of the day we're talking about a bunch of smart teams against a dumb team that can pay more, and anybody who doesn't know exactly what's going to happen here just isn't paying attention.

Melo is going to resign with the Knicks. Not one of the rumored destinations makes any sense at all. He won't leave enough money on the table or play enough defense for Chicago or Miami, his game is total anathema to Houston's offense. At the end of the day we're talking about a bunch of smart teams against a dumb team that can pay more, and anybody who doesn't know exactly what's going to happen here just isn't paying attention.

Melo wants to get paid AND win.  The Heat and Bulls need another scorer to pair with James/Rose respectively, and play enough team D to make up for his shortcomings.  It makes perfect sense for him to leave.

If Phil actually has full control he's not giving Melo max money.

Melos overvaluing himself anyways.

I have said it before, but I hate this bitch mentality of going to a super team to win.  I respect guys going for the last nickel more than joining LeBron, Wade and Bosh - ane more than LeBron, Wade and Bosh.  Why am I supposed to respect a guy that insists on being with 2 of the top 10 just to "have a chance" to win a championship.  

Melo's not getting max money from Knicks so theres no reason to stay.

And it's not a bitch move. Magic played with 2 HOFers. Bird played with same. Jordan had at least 1 HOFer on first threepeat and had 2 HOFers on the 2nd.

Duncan won 5 rings with 2 HOFers for 4 of the titles and 1 HOFer for the 1st.

There's a myth permeating some sections of fans that the great players didn't get help. All the Champions did.

Melo's not getting max money from Knicks so theres no reason to stay.

And it's not a bitch move. Magic played with 2 HOFers. Bird played with same. Jordan had at least 1 HOFer on first threepeat and had 2 HOFers on the 2nd.

Duncan won 5 rings with 2 HOFers for 4 of the titles and 1 HOFer for the 1st.

There's a myth permeating some sections of fans that the great players didn't get help. All the Champions did.

It is a bitch move and I don't even want him to stay for what it will cost.We couldn't surround him with talent cause he was too greedy to let us keep picks or any talent in the trade to Denver. If he wanted to win in NY he could have waited 6 months till free agency, but the new CBA scared him

It is a bitch move and I don't even want him to stay for what it will cost.We couldn't surround him with talent cause he was too greedy to let us keep picks or any talent in the trade to Denver. If he wanted to win in NY he could have waited 6 months till free agency, but the new CBA scared him

That's not entirely accurate.

Yes the new CBA scared him, but no he wasn't too greedy about the trade package because he didn't have a say on the package.

The reason why the Knicks gave up what they did is because the Nets were going to trade for Melo if the Knicks didn't offer that package. People forget that. The Nets struck out on Melo and then used the same trade package to get DWill.

The Nets were willing to do the Melo trade without him extending, the same thing they did with DWill.

I have said it before, but I hate this bitch mentality of going to a super team to win.  I respect guys going for the last nickel more than joining LeBron, Wade and Bosh - ane more than LeBron, Wade and Bosh.  Why am I supposed to respect a guy that insists on being with 2 of the top 10 just to "have a chance" to win a championship.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/24/7f/c4/247fc4523a233cc01b5dfb7ac0602bae.jpg

Jax is trading Chandler and Felton to Dallas for Calderón, Dalembert, Larkin, Wellington and 2 2014 2nd rounders.

2015 cap flexibility less important with no one to sign, I guess

Archived