Marty gives DJ "Thumbs Up", Idzik gives "Thumbs Down"

eboozer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because it's the answer that suits your wishes doesn't mean it's accurate.

You don't get rid of 5-time pro-bowlers just because you don't like them.  There's also an owner and a GM that would have to be okay with a difficult relationship being the reason you give up on one of your best players.

Interesting how Andy Reid also has pulled out, when there's a need, and the Panthers, who have the leagues biggest need at WR are no where to be found.  The point is, while he may not be out gang-banging, there's very likely significant problems, or he would still be an Eagle.

Chip Kelly gets $32.5 million contract from Eagles,

When you shell out big money to bring a coach in, and he gets you to the playoffs, 1st try, then you do what he asks. Do you think Foles and McCoy were happy about this move? I highly doubt it!

With regard to Carolina, I have no idea in hell what that team is trying to do. They are an enigma.

Est. Salary Cap Space: $4,019,421

They still have to sign Hardy and have $4 -$6 mil for their rookies.

Can you give me a team with money that's not interested in DJ?? The Jets excluded of course.

The Chiefs cant afford him.

They have 4.6 million free.  Jackson is such a good guy and Andy loves him so much, I am sure they can figure something out lol.

Bowe will give some back to make it happen as well I am sure.

The Chiefs could sign him within an hour if they wanted to.

The following, could also be a big reason why they can't/won't get involved.

Reid already gave his blessing to DeSean days ago. I think it's a matter of cost

Est. Salary Cap Space: $4,659,280

Offensive Spend: 24 Players: $52,886,281

Defensive Spend: 24 Players: $66,513,009

Specials Spend: 3 Players: $7,103,750

Free Agents:

Alex Smith; Justin Houston.... 2015

Tamba Hali

Eric Berry

Derrick Johnson

Sean Smith

Jamaal Charles

Dunta Robinson

Mike DeVito

Chase Daniel

Joe Mays

Donnie Avery

Dontari Poe

+

-

Pro Bowl Caliber talent... UDFA Performer

MultiQuote

Edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#24 Larz

Just because it's the answer that suits your wishes doesn't mean it's accurate.

You don't get rid of 5-time pro-bowlers just because you don't like them.  There's also an owner and a GM that would have to be okay with a difficult relationship being the reason you give up on one of your best players.

Interesting how Andy Reid also has pulled out, when there's a need, and the Panthers, who have the leagues biggest need at WR are no where to be found.  The point is, while he may not be out gang-banging, there's very likely significant problems, or he would still be an Eagle.

The Panthers need at WR is so big that if I was the GM there I would be marketing directly to gangs.  They need to upgrade the talent first and worry about everything else later lol.

Your still making assumptions based on what you want to believe. For the record, I'd actually be good with adding him. But his release alone is an enormous red flag that I won't overlook and why I won't be that upset if we pass.

Idk who has a lot cap space, but what I do know is only 2 teams are in. Two who are historically the most foolish when it comes to these types of moves.

#Chiefs & Andy Reid were intrigued by DeSean Jackson, but with limited cap space, can’t match the budding open market. Would’ve loved DeSean

Wait this CAN'T be true.... the board "insiders" have told us it's because Reid secretly believes DJ is a gang member involved in the transport of illegal aliens, drugs and multiple murders. You better check your facts!

Wait this CAN'T be true.... the board "insiders" have told us it's because Reid secretly believes DJ is a gang member involved in the transport of illegal aliens, drugs and multiple murders. You better check your facts!

They could sign Desean within the hour if they wanted to.

What does the brain trust expect Reid to say?  "DeSean is an effin' scumbag, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole"?  The cap space remark is the equivalent of saying you've got to be up early tomorrow morning, and have to get a move on.

What does the brain trust expect Reid to say?  "DeSean is an effin' scumbag, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole"?  The cap space remark is the equivalent of saying you've got to be up early tomorrow morning, and have to get a move on.

I'd expect Reid to say, "we've got our QB(who we paid SF two 2nd rd. picks for) is a FA next year ($18 mil) along with our young rising OLB Houston also looking to be paid ($8-9 mil). and Berry, Charles and Hali FA's in 2016. We can't afford DJ."

What does the brain trust expect Reid to say? "DeSean is an effin' scumbag, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole"? The cap space remark is the equivalent of saying you've got to be up early tomorrow morning, and have to get a move on.

I always use, "oh damn, I forgot my asthma meds at home and your dog/cat/hamster is killing me."

They could sign Desean within the hour if they wanted to.

Oh! Ok.... if you say so.

You need look no further than the Patriots this year. Limited cap-space but they were able to sign all the free agents you and Stoic have been b*tching about missing. I mean christ, you and Stoic even brought the Pats up as an example to show how even teams without cap-space were signing players.  

If a team really wants someone, especially one who's need for WR is so desperate as KC, they find a way. This is essentially coach-speak for "Hell no, but I'm gonna save face by saying it this way."

What does the brain trust expect Reid to say? "DeSean is an effin' scumbag, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole"? The cap space remark is the equivalent of saying you've got to be up early tomorrow morning, and have to get a move on.

exactly, this is just Reid trying to not jump in on the smear campaign... Staying above the fray.

You need look no further than the Patriots this year. Limited cap-space but they were able to sign all the free agents you and Stoic have been b*tching about missing. I mean christ, you and Stoic even brought the Pats up as an example to show how even teams without cap-space were signing players.  

If a team really wants someone, especially one who's need for WR is so desperate as KC, they find a way. This is essentially coach-speak for "Hell no, but I'm gonna save face by saying it this way."

NE has 2-3 years of Brady left, and then I think Billy boy retires. He's ALL in with 1 yr. of Revis. Andy Reid is looking to keep this team together for a few years.... signing DJ to a multi yr. contract  is a financial "No go".

NE has 2-3 years of Brady left, and then I think Billy boy retires. He's ALL in with 1 yr. of Revis. Andy Reid is looking to keep this team together for a few years.... signing DJ to a multi yr. contract is a financial "No go".

not for nothing but in your senario Brady and Belly are both gone in 2-3 years tops, if that's what you think Why would you want to sign all of these win now names?

not for nothing but in your senario Brady and Belly are both gone in 2-3 years tops, if that's what you think Why would you want to sign all of these win now names?

Ummmm.... because I hate those faggots and I'd like to win now. Do we really need to hand them the division crown on a silver platter while "The Plan" takes shape? Wait 2-3 years and Mo is 30, Ivory 30, Decker 30 etc. and there is no guarantee injuries don't "F" up the "Plan". The plan should always be, WIN!

Ummmm.... because I hate those faggots and I'd like to win now. Do we really need to hand them the division crown on a silver platter while "The Plan" takes shape? Wait 2-3 years and Mo is 30, Ivory 30, Decker 30 etc. and there is no guarantee injuries don't "F" up the "Plan". The plan should always be, WIN!

WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! And before everyone jumps us, you can build through the Draft, managing your cap space while adding quality FA at reasonable prices and an occasional STUD!

we all hate them, the reality is we're screwed until they're gone, I'm not saying to punt seasons away I'm just saying I'm fine being patient this year and not chasing had beens

So Wilkerson is going to age 6 years and Ivory 4 years in the next 2-3 years?  Damn, the NFL really is brutal.

we all hate them, the reality is we're screwed until they're gone, I'm not saying to punt seasons away I'm just saying I'm fine being patient this year and not chasing had beens

No I don't believe that! I believe Rex can scheme Brady into submission, if given a few extra pcs. The CB is a must(missed our chance in FA) and a speed rusher would certainly help(Draft). We also need to improve our offense. Decker was a good signing, Colon & Bremo are meh!.... Jackson would be a massive help in overtaking the Pats, hopefully with Geno slinging it to him, but if not, then Vick. TE in the draft along with another good young WR to watch DeSean and Decker and get ready for 2015/16.

We can beat those pansy's.... even w/o stellar QB play.

Archived