Pats Tag Gostkowski

nj meadowlands

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for McCourty, there is also this tidbit

When was the last time Bill Belichick committed serious long-term money to a safety?

Traded Tebucky Jones, cut Lawyer Milloy...even Rodney Harrison was a buy-low FA. Doesn't value safeties as big-ticket position.

Only because I couldn't find an appropriate number from the NY Dolls.

(And no one from Boston would ever claim it's a "Big" city.)

This guy is clearly some Western Masser who thinks he's part of the group.  Same old song and dance as he likes to say.

This guy is clearly some Western Masser who thinks he's part of the group.  Same old song and dance as he likes to say.

Nope...Cape Codder here. You know, the place where all the NYers flock to, to escape their craphole, rat infested city in the summer for some sweet relief and good livin'. 

Nope...Cape Codder here. You know, the place where all the NYers flock to, to escape their craphole, rat infested city in the summer for some sweet relief and good livin'. 

This is what I'm talking about. NYC isn't for everyone, sure. But you're dumping on one of the greatest cities on the planet. And that's not hyperbole. 

...the rats are a problem though, lol. 

This is what I'm talking about. NYC isn't for everyone, sure. But you're dumping on one of the greatest cities on the planet. And that's not hyperbole. 

...the rats are a problem though, lol. 

I'm sorry. I just don't see it the same way. Honestly. Chicago is a great city. Rome is spectacular. Paris is magical. San Francisco, Prague, Quebec City, Budapest, Kyoto, Florence, CapeTown......all great cities. I'm sure there are others, I'm just listing those I have personal experience. Just because NYC is big, doesn't make it great. It's not livable.It's dangerous, expensive and dirty. JMO, but I think it's accurate.  (and I don't put Boston on the same level of those others mentioned either btw. Just more livable than NYC Plus it's been a better sports town these past 15 years.)

I'm sorry. I just don't see it the same way. Honestly. Chicago is a great city. Rome is spectacular. Paris is magical. San Francisco, Prague, Quebec City, Budapest, Kyoto, Florence, CapeTown......all great cities. I'm sure there are others, I'm just listing those I have personal experience. Just because NYC is big, doesn't make it great. It's not livable.It's dangerous, expensive and dirty. JMO, but I think it's accurate. (and I don't put Boston on the same level of those others mentioned either btw. Just more livable than NYC Plus it's been a better sports town these past 15 years.)

More livable as in has a ridiculous infrastructure and smells like molasses?

I like the Cape, have been there a million times...but the weather sucks there even during the summer.

Really is this necessary on a football forum?  Take it elsewhere. Thanks 

No not necessary, and I certainly choose over the top/exaggerated way of disagreeing that it was the greatest city in the world. Surprised aholes wasn't censored too :)

The city has a ton of amazing qualities, but some really bad ones. I hate getting in and out and dealing with all the road rage, starts and ends the visit badly

I take it you've never heard of Florida or the Hamptons then?

Must be fun living in a town that nobody cares about (or lives in) for 9 months out of the year.

I like the Cape, have been there a million times...but the weather sucks there even during the summer.

This is a joke, right? It's usually  sweltering 40 mles west of here and beyod over the bridge, and 15 degrees cooler here with beautiful ocean breezes in the summer.

Or the Jersey Shore, Ocean City MD, Dewey Beach DE, the Poconos, Upstate NY..........

Jersey shore's a dump for the most part. Ditto the Poconos. Finger Lakes is cool but so is Maine and The Berkshires.

I take it you've never heard of Florida or the Hamptons then?

Must be fun living in a town that nobody cares about (or lives in) for 9 months out of the year.

Most of the Hamptons is overbuilt or over priced, and Florida sucks unless you like strip malls, old age homes and 90 degree temps with 99% humidity 6 mos. per year.

My town's population barely fluctuates year round as we don't have many places for tourists to stay.

Cape Cod is nothing special. During the winter months all of the summer motels are full of meth labs.

As a fellow Masshole I have no love for the Cape.

Jersey shore's a dump for the most part. Ditto the Poconos. Finger Lakes is cool but so is Maine and The Berkshires.

Seaside is a dump. Plenty of very nice spots down there though. 

and Florida sucks 

Couldn't agree more. HATED my 3 years there. The fishing is good though. 

This is a joke, right? It's usually  sweltering 40 mles west of here and beyod over the bridge, and 15 degrees cooler here with beautiful ocean breezes in the summer.

Most of the Hamptons is overbuilt or over priced, and Florida sucks unless you like strip malls, old age homes and 90 degree temps with 99% humidity 6 mos. per year.

My town's population barely fluctuates year round as we don't have many places for tourists to stay.

If Im going to the Cape I want to go to the beach. You have about 2 total weeks combined of actual beach weather during the summer. It gets dark around 2:30 during the winter. The Cape's better than the Hamptons or the Shore, but it's still nothing great because of the weather...hell all of the northeast summer spots suck imo.

And idk where you are up there, but the Orleans/Eastham/Welfleet area is packed to the t!ts.

Jersey shore is a dump????? You couldn't afford to pay for the landscaping on some of these homes. 

http://www.weichert.com/NJ/Monmouth/Rumson/Listings/

Not impressed. You show about a dozen decent homes and then a bunch of nondescript Mcmansions by the sea all available for short money by Cape and Islands standards.

Besides, these beauties are more typical, and lets not even talk about Atlantic City and surrounding communities.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Cape-May_NJ/sby-1

Not impressed. You show about a dozen decent homes and then a bunch of nondescript Mcmansions by the sea all available for short money by Cape and Islands standards.

Besides, these beauties are more typical, and lets not even talk about Atlantic City and surrounding communities.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Cape-May_NJ/sby-1

You're cherry picking. But yes, AC is an awful town. Borgata is fantastic though. 

Ever been up here? Is there a National Park in your town*?

*I live in a City, not some podunk town.

You live in a depressed, hellhole of a former industrialized city whose best years were 100 years ago. The place is a sh!t hole on the same vein of New Bedford, Fitchburg, and Brockton. People look to escape your crap heap of worn out "city" with it's burnt out triple deckers, street walking crack whores, empty mill buildings, and thugs and gangbangers. People flock to my "podunk" town filled with world class beaches, colonial villages, renowned resorts, oceanfront golf course, etc,etc,etc.

I live in a seaside resort community where people pay thousands to visit for a week and millions to retire.

Archived