Classic Clips

nyjunc

On 6/2/2017 at 3:50 PM, nyjunc said:

One of the greatest games in Jets history

1998 divisional round vs. Jax:

Talk about having a cursed football fan life, this I would consider is the best Jets season of my life, and I left for a 6 month tour right in the middle of it in mid November 

I followed this game in the middle of the Persian gulf watching 2 giant helmets move back and forth- internet wasn't so good back then.

First time I ever saw this one, I have seen the broncos game though.

Thanks for posting.

• Upvote 1

thanks for posting these. I love having these playing in the background. The old grainy footage of Kelly Green and Hofstra bring back fond memories of being a naive young fan with NY Jets Championship aspirations. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I tell you, I was at that Jax playoff game.  Never saw the TV broadcast till now.  I remember the stadium being loud, but hearing the crowd noise on the TV broadcast- wow.  Never heard anything like that on TV for a Jets game.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:32 AM, Obrien2Toon said:

Talk about having a cursed football fan life, this I would consider is the best Jets season of my life, and I left for a 6 month tour right in the middle of it in mid November 

I followed this game in the middle of the Persian gulf watching 2 giant helmets move back and forth- internet wasn't so good back then.

First time I ever saw this one, I have seen the broncos game though.

Thanks for posting.

Missed both those games also.  Was in Korea listening in on AFN radio.

On 9/17/2015 at 10:56 PM, nyjunc said:

1981 NFL films special on Jets and Giants finally being good again

That was awesome, can't believe lam Jones made a play... Don't remember it. What narration and background music, with all the technology of today, this is still better

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Say what you will about Keyshawn, but the man was absolutely DOMINANT in his first playoff game. 

Key was a great player, he was just hated b/c he left us in his prime and fans liked Chrebet even though key was a thousand times better.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Key was a great player, he was just hated b/c he left us in his prime and fans liked Chrebet even though key was a thousand times better.

I'll always wonder what types of damage the Jet O could have done with Vinny chucking it to Key & Rob Moore on the outside with Chrebet in the slot.