Fitz has won me over

Jetster

it's funny how people remember things.  we had 3-4 huge ground games that skewed the rush #s in 2009 and were an average run team in 2010 where we gave up a lot more PPG and the QB led us to 5-6 late game comebacks after defensive/run game failures but we remember what we want to remember.  couldn't even get to the playoffs in 2008 w/. similar roster, easier sched, HOF QB and no Brady but no matter who our QB was the next 2 years we were guaranteed to make it!

I was referring to the post-season when everyone tells me he was so amazing to win road games, yet they ignore the fact that all they were asking him to do was hand the ball off 30 or so times, don't turn it over, and put up 17 points.  For any halfway decent NFL QB in this era, 17 points shouldn't take a herculean effort, but it always felt like it was with Sanchez.

I'm just glad he's Chip Kelly's problem now.  Finally got some starts and goes winless with 4 TD's/4 INT's including a pick-6.  Shocking.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was referring to the post-season when everyone tells me he was so amazing to win road games, yet they ignore the fact that all they were asking him to do was hand the ball off 30 or so times, don't turn it over, and put up 17 points.  For any halfway decent NFL QB in this era, 17 points shouldn't take a herculean effort, but it always felt like it was with Sanchez.

I'm just glad he's Chip Kelly's problem now.  Finally got some starts and goes winless with 4 TD's/4 INT's including a pick-6.  Shocking.

he was excellent in postseason, a HUGE factor in winning all 4 of those games.  nearly flawless at Cincy, made big plays and outplayed Rivers at SD, Kept us in game at Indy then in 2010 after a slow start at Indy led GW drive, was outstanding at NE, and nearly brought us back from 24-0 down at Pitt.

Hard to win when you are giving up 45 PPG. 

He's pretty well exactly what I expected and has gotten exactly the results this team would have gotten by many a vet game manager.  This team has for some reason insisted on living with rookies and projects as starters for so long it seemed like the norm. 

He still can't throw the ball worth a lick as far as NFL arms are concerned but he really shows what the little things can do for a team at QB.  A tough leader that the team wants to play for.  His most underrated feature this year?    He's taken only 11 sacks.  Geno took 3 in one game.  Pocket awareness and not sitting there at 2nd or 3rd and 17 makes a world of difference.  Our redzone conversion rate is also unworldly for this team.  And despite his foibles Gailey has done a great job with a limited Qb this year.

I sure love when nyjunc turns yet another QB thread into one about f*ckin Mark Sanchez.  At least when threads get hijacked by Geno Smith fans they're talking about a QB who is still on the roster. 

Quick, who wants to start a "Sign Matt Simms" thread?

I didn't turn anything and I never do but when people post misinformation I will be there to correct them.

Did you see him play on thanksgiving?  Incredible how Chip Kelly ruined him...

didn't see most of the game, mark played really well last year.  he hasn't played well in the 2 starts but it's hard to win when you can't run and your D allows 38+ PPG

didn't see most of the game, mark played really well last year.  he hasn't played well in the 2 starts but it's hard to win when you can't run and your D allows 38+ PPG

I would think the opposite, that being blown out in games would lead to padding stats of a QB due to oppositions prevent D.

Anywho, I do appreciate what Sanchez did for us and acknowledge he showed some flashes at very valuable times.  I probably held on to the hope that he would become consistent and be an elite QB longer than most(not nearly as long as some :)).  Instead he regressed and even if you watched a little of the Eagles game on thanksgiving, he still has that same lost look walking around the field.

Maybe he will get it eventually, IDK.  I try not to think about the last couple years he was here and sh!t the bed.  I know, I know, weapons and stuff, I am glad he is gone.

he was excellent in postseason, a HUGE factor in winning all 4 of those games.  nearly flawless at Cincy, made big plays and outplayed Rivers at SD, Kept us in game at Indy then in 2010 after a slow start at Indy led GW drive, was outstanding at NE, and nearly brought us back from 24-0 down at Pitt.

Hard to win when you are giving up 45 PPG. 

Exactly...if the Eagles want to win with Sanchez, they just need to hold their opponet to 10 points.

You're not allowed to derisively laugh at that.  You still prefer Geno Smith, and have told us as much using many paragraphs every week.

I "inquired" about starting Geno Smith because Fitzpatrick wasnt putting the conversation to rest, which he's had 3 months to do so. I "prefer" Mike Glennon. 

It is funny to put Fitz and "breath of fresh air" in the same sentence, not solely because of Fitz, but the fact that the Jets QB situation has been mishandled so badly that Jets fans have even stooped to this level. lol.

I just wish we'd gotten him sooner.  Fitz on the 2009 or 2010 team would have been exponentially better than Sanchez.

Having bottom five QB play for such an extended period of time was just so depressing.

Breath of fresh air.

When the Giants beat the Pats in the Bowl 2007 and 2011 Eli had stats of 23 td's and 20 picks in 07 and 29 tds and 16 picks on the 9-7 Giant team that season.. They won with a good defense and a bit of luck and got hot at the right time.. That's a good point on Fitz..

it's funny how people remember things.  we had 3-4 huge ground games that skewed the rush #s in 2009 and were an average run team in 2010 where we gave up a lot more PPG and the QB led us to 5-6 late game comebacks after defensive/run game failures but we remember what we want to remember.  couldn't even get to the playoffs in 2008 w/. similar roster, easier sched, HOF QB and no Brady but no matter who our QB was the next 2 years we were guaranteed to make it!

Okay we can play that game, lets take 4 of those huge ground games out of the equation, we will also take out the 4 best passing yardage games.  That leaves the other 12 games and the highest number of yards our Qb threw for was 172 and he averaged 133 yards per game.  It also leaves him with 52% comp rate and 7 tds. 

Okay we can play that game, lets take 4 of those huge ground games out of the equation, we will also take out the 4 best passing yardage games.  That leaves the other 12 games and the highest number of yards our Qb threw for was 172 and he averaged 133 yards per game.  It also leaves him with 52% comp rate and 7 tds. 

who cares about yardage?  it's about making plays to win.  fans get too caught up in fantasy #s, I bet you guys think tannehill played well on Sunday w/ those excellent #s.

I would think the opposite, that being blown out in games would lead to padding stats of a QB due to oppositions prevent D.

Anywho, I do appreciate what Sanchez did for us and acknowledge he showed some flashes at very valuable times.  I probably held on to the hope that he would become consistent and be an elite QB longer than most(not nearly as long as some :)).  Instead he regressed and even if you watched a little of the Eagles game on thanksgiving, he still has that same lost look walking around the field.

Maybe he will get it eventually, IDK.  I try not to think about the last couple years he was here and sh!t the bed.  I know, I know, weapons and stuff, I am glad he is gone.

IMO Sanchez was damaged by the Jets "coaching" and no, "a good defense" doesn't help offensive coaching and teaching of rookie NFL QBs.

The plain fact is that Sanchez was a fundamentally sounder QB when he first came out of college than after the Jets tutelage,  He never should have started, he had one year of college experience and right now he isn't anywhere as good as Fitz... 

I didn't turn anything and I never do but when people post misinformation I will be there to correct them.

Translation: When somebody speaks the sad truth about Mark Sanchez, I will step in to offer any and all excuses on his behalf.

Glennons big year?  19 tds, 7 fumbles , 4 lost fumbles, sacked 40 times.  And 4 wins.   (in 13 games)

Glennon's was on the worst team in the league as a whole and an Oline that was ranked the worst for the majority of that season and a receiving corp that was top 10 in dropped passes along with the lowest "YAC" average in the league. 

I know. 

Translation: When somebody speaks the sad truth about Mark Sanchez, I will step in to offer any and all excuses on his behalf.

I deal in reality.

What was their record when he took over?  What was their record when he played?

5-2 when he took over, finished 10-6.  faced much tougher portion of schedule which included 2 games w/ dallas, a game w/ Carolina and games w/ Sea and GB yet led O to almost a TD more per game. Not bad for a guy who sucks.

back to Fitz, he won me over.  Can he keep it up? we'll see, the next win he leads us to(better be Sunday) will be a new career high.

IMO Sanchez was damaged by the Jets "coaching" and no, "a good defense" doesn't help offensive coaching and teaching of rookie NFL QBs.

The plain fact is that Sanchez was a fundamentally sounder QB when he first came out of college than after the Jets tutelage,  He never should have started, he had one year of college experience and right now he isn't anywhere as good as Fitz... 

Sorry man, I dont buy that he was fundamentally sounder coming out of college.  He had a QB coach/OC when he first got here and they didnt ruin him by establishing a run game for the kid.  I like him but the NFL game seems to be too fast for him or something, I am only a fan.

lol. Oh man. 

Number of times NY Jets QB's posted 90+ QBR from 2012-2014- 9

Fitzpatrick 90+ QBR this season- 7

Never thought I'd see Jets fans so upset to get competent QB play.  

Had no idea people enjoyed watching Pick 6's so much.

I deal in reality.

5-2 when he took over, finished 10-6.  faced much tougher portion of schedule which included 2 games w/ dallas, a game w/ Carolina and games w/ Sea and GB yet led O to almost a TD more per game. Not bad for a guy who sucks.

back to Fitz, he won me over.  Can he keep it up? we'll see, the next win he leads us to(better be Sunday) will be a new career high.

Hey, more excuses...shocking.

BS CB look at guys like Rich Gannon who after 12 seasons all of a sudden becomes a All Pro QB wasn't he ruined with his first 4 teams?? He was a 4th rd pick by the Pats and got cut in preseason..

BS CB look at guys like Rich Gannon who after 12 seasons all of a sudden becomes a All Pro QB wasn't he ruined with his first 4 teams?? He was a 4th rd pick by the Pats and got cut in preseason..

mark isn't done, he was really good last year.  whether he is or not I don't care, I care about what he did for us and I appreciate that.  No he wasn't great but he stepped up for us and helped us win a lot of games.  His career ended here for many reasons.

It adds extra drama to the game my friend. Dont ever underestimate the Pick 6. 

Just ask Cleveland! lol. 

Oh, and Geno (The guy that people associate with the Pick 6) 

Put up a QBR of 87.9 coming in cold with no reps or chemistry with the 1's when Fitz got hurt. 

I dont hear people talking about competent QB play then. 

Some call Fitz mediocre; I prefer the term average (I think he is actually playing a little above average) which is all we could ask from him.

He has also shown a great deal of maturity and leadership and is above average in reading defenses and making good decisions.  He is also above average, IMO, when it comes to grit and toughness.

I don't know if many fans and even some of his teammates knew how deficient Geno is in the maturity and leadership categories until Fitz showed what a QB is supposed to be.  As much as it would be good had Geno turned out better here, the writing is on the wall here for him; let's hope Fitz stays healthy for the rest of the year, and the Jets can sign him in the offseason.

who cares about yardage?  it's about making plays to win.  fans get too caught up in fantasy #s, I bet you guys think tannehill played well on Sunday w/ those excellent #s.

You care apparently since you wanted to eliminate all of the rushing yardage from your evaluation in your previous post that I quoted.  I salute you for constantly trying to defense the indefensible by any real or rational metric.  In almost all of your arguments you have to add something or remove something to make your point.

Oh, and Geno (The guys that people associate with the Pick 6) 

Put up a QBR of 87.9 coming in cold with no reps or chemistry with the 1's when Fitz got hurt. 

Mainly because Geno still did his stupid act when he could have just thrown the ball away..

Oh, and Geno (The guys that people associate with the Pick 6) 

He was definitely not horrendous in that game, but if he'd have managed an early score or two to keep it close, people might care more.  Putting up some late points in a blowout doesn't get much attention from any fan base IMO.

Archived