Fitz has won me over

Jetster

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "prefer" Mike Glennon. 

Hopefully Fitz will get hurt on the first snap vs the Giants so we can see what Glennon can do.

Oh, wait a second, Mike Glennon is still not on the f'ing Jets and hasn't been since ... ever! 

'Tis but a minor technicality, so go on using the fact that Mike Glennon is alive somewhere in the United States as reason to trash Fitz. 

Who do you want Petty emulating, Fitzy or Geno? Lol. 

Petty can learn a lot from Fitzy on how to be a prepared PROFESSIONAL QB. Geno is just a guy Petty might have to step over to get where he wants to go. I have a feeling Petty is gonna be a stud. He's big, can run, has a strong arm and he's learning without getting his azz kicked around.

Hopefully Fitz will get hurt on the first snap vs the Giants so we can see what Glennon can do.

Oh, wait a second, Mike Glennon is still not on the f'ing Jets and hasn't been since ... ever! 

'Tis but a minor technicality, so go on using the fact that Mike Glennon is alive somewhere in the United States as reason to trash Fitz. 

Here, you have my attention.

Now you dont. 

I think they're waiting until the end of the season to evaluate him. He hasn't been known for consistency during his career. They don't want to re-sign him early like Buffalo did and then the guy goes in the tank (like he did with the Bills). He is in the middle tier of NFL Qbs like a Hoyer, McCown, etc. He is a likable guy. And the players seem to respect him. He waits to get surgery and plays in pain with an injured hand. Then he has surgery and comes back without missing any time. I'd love to see him come back. But they should wait five games to evaluate him. 

He may have "gone in the tank" some with the Bills, but that team was awful...his receivers were all iundrafted or 7th rounders, none of whom are doing much in the league if even on a current roster. The defense was also bad on that team, so the guy would often have to throw 40 plus times in a game and drop 30 on a team to even have a chance. Not many QB's would have succeeded in that situation. Not making excuses, just stating a reality.

nicked up???? really? 

Let me tell you the difference? Why did Fitz not complete the Oakland game? Because he decided not to slide though he ALREADY got the first down and broke his hand. What happened in the Houston game? Fitz gets destroyed getting into the endzone and he was obviously not right after that. He forces himself to stay in the game and then proceeds to throw 2 INT's to end the game. 

What happened to Fitz out in Houston last year? He broke his leg because he DIDNT SLIDE and took a hit which ended his (and his team) season. 

Its called being SELFISH, and its actually worse than what Geno does...and here's why. 

If Geno is so bad then Fitz will ALWAYS make sure that Geno will see the field eventually given his OWN BONEHEADED MISTAKES such as breaking his hand, getting blown up and taking an unnecessary hit to the head, breaking his leg like he did last year etc. etc. 

Breaking your hand, taking a blow to the head as well as breaking your leg to end your season isnt considered getting "Nicked up". Its called stupidity from a guy that everyone calls smart because he's a Harvard grad, so he should know better. 

The smartest thing that a starting QB could ever do for his team is to stay on the field. No need to break your hand for 2 extra yards when you picked up the 1st down 5 yards ago. It doesnt take a Harvard grad to understand that. Its ridiculous, reckless and stupid, and the only reason why excuses are made is because his name isnt Geno Smith. 

I feel significantly dumber for having read this nonsense. His lack of protecting himself are stupid, and competitive for sure, but selfish, that is just absurd. For someone who gets their panties in a wad regularly over the way people  portray Geno, this is pretty pot calling the kettle black.

I haven't read all 6 pages but I like fitz, too. His lack of a nice, accurate deep ball sucks, though. I guess it's why he's a journeyman.

anybody else think of this...

Every time Fitz  runs and dives head first, I think of Kenny OBrien growing a vagina on the goal line. I wish fitz would start sliding, but I'm pretty happy he plays like he does. He earns respect from teammates, opponents, and fans. 

I haven't read all 6 pages but I like fitz, too. His lack of a nice, accurate deep ball sucks, though. I guess it's why he's a journeyman.

anybody else think of this...

Every time Fitz  runs and dives head first, I think of Kenny OBrien growing a vagina on the goal line. I wish fitz would start sliding, but I'm pretty happy he plays like he does. He earns respect from teammates, opponents, and fans. 

Only starting QB in Jets history without a rushing TD.. Namath had 7 and he wore knee braces.. Fitz is muy Macho..:)

I feel significantly dumber for having read this nonsense. His lack of protecting himself are stupid, and competitive for sure, but selfish, that is just absurd. For someone who gets their panties in a wad regularly over the way people  portray Geno, this is pretty pot calling the kettle black.

Significantly dumber, 

I wouldnt argue that. lol. :P

Agreed Kenny O had feet made of lead, ... To be fair he also had Freeman & Johnny Hector to hand the ball off to in order to get Rushing TD's.

if I remember correctly Hector got like 11 "dive into the endzone TD's" in '85 or '86

Who do you want Petty emulating, Fitzy or Geno? Lol.

Petty can learn a lot from Fitzy on how to be a prepared PROFESSIONAL QB. Geno is just a guy Petty might have to step over to get where he wants to go. I have a feeling Petty is gonna be a stud. He's big, can run, has a strong arm and he's learning without getting his azz kicked around.

Wont be hard to step over Geno. Damn, IK is huge for a LB, didnt realize it until Rex trotted him out against us, he is the size of a DL.

Agreed Kenny O had feet made of lead, ... To be fair he also had Freeman & Johnny Hector to hand the ball off to in order to get Rushing TD's.

if I remember correctly Hector got like 11 "dive into the endzone TD's" in '85 or '86

And Namath had Snell and Boozer,Vinny had Martin and Richie Anderson, Sanchez had TJ and Greene or LT they all had rushing TD's.. The reason Kenny got hit and Kenny fans blamed the O-line that had Pro Bowlers on it was because he was a statue back there and rarely threw the ball away..

And Namath had Snell and Boozer,Vinny had Martin and Richie Anderson, Sanchez had TJ and Greene or LT they all had rushing TD's.. The reason Kenny got hit and Kenny fans blamed the O-line that had Pro Bowlers on it was because he was a statue back there and rarely threw the ball away..

agreed

turns out '87 was when Hector had 11 ... Almost no other rushing scores that year though.

'85 I have to add Tony Paige to Freeman & Hector , but they scored 17 on the ground 

then back in '72 Boozer & Riggins rushed for 18 scores! Must have been impressive to see for those of you that were able to

agreed

turns out '87 was when Hector had 11 ... Almost no other rushing scores that year though.

'85 I have to add Tony Paige to Freeman & Hector , but they scored 17 on the ground 

then back in '72 Boozer & Riggins rushed for 18 scores! Must have been impressive to see for those of you that were able to

Riggins as big as he was had excellent speed in 1972 Riggins and Boozer had 314 yds rushing in a blow out of the Pats.. In HS he ran a 9.8 100 yd dash and he broke Gale Sayers records at Kansas.. Boozer was hurt in his 2nd season 1967 but had 10 td's on 119 carries he was never quite the same after that but still really good.. Riggins also marched to a different drummer he once played a game high on hallucinogenic mushrooms and drank beer like people drink water.. One can only wonder if guys like him and Namath etc took care of themselves like most do today what they could have done career wise.. But those were the 60's and most of us that were in our teens and 20's then don't seem to remember most of it..LOL

I have a crush, but I'm still waiting to make my move.  If he plays well vs the giants, I may have to get the mix tape together

side 1

I melt with you

sweet love (anita baker)

head over heels

with or without you

here we are

time after time

in your eyes

side 2

your song

you are the sunshine of my life

baby I love your way

maybe I'm amazed

first time ever I saw your face

happy together

While I understand Fitz is not a QB that can bring us back from a large deficit (how many QBs in this league can?), he's brought a steadiness & professionalism that we haven't seen here in a long time. He's earned the trust of his teammates which is huge and he's put an end to any chance that Geno sees the field as a NY Jet unless he gets injured.

His worse game was the Eagles game, he was a little off but got no help in that game from his WRs. Smith played terrible, Brandon made some plays but cancelled those out with his bonehead lateral & alligator arm drops. Yet, we were still in it until the end even after giving up a punt return TD to Sproles.

i thought he played very well in New England, poised, and did better than any QB that has played there this year. If Decker doesn't drop an easy 3rd down catch, Marshall holds onto an easy TD catch, the refs do their job & call PI on Chung in the endzone grabbing Cumberlands arm, the Jets have their biggest win in Gillette since 2010. 

We didn't know it until now but when Fitz got hurt early in Oakland it completely changed the tone of that game. He was missed & you could sense the lack of confidence in Geno coming off the bench. 

Buffalo I put on the coaching. Bowles had a horrific night & seemed to have no feel for how that game was playing out. Although the team as a whole played sporadically, had Bowles coached a better game I believe the Jets send Rex back to Buffalo with his tail between his legs. Bowles was worse than Rex for his in game coaching & that's hard to do. 

Injuries caught up to us again in Houston. The line falls apart without Mangold. We're just not deep enough to overcome too many injuries. Healthy this Jet team is top 10 in the league & really can beat anyone when things go right. 

Against Miami Fitz was terrific. He overcame some really poor play from his Oline (numerous presnap penalties) that put the offense behind the sticks at 1st & 15, 1st & 20 way too often. He's really starting to get in sync with Decker & Marshall (especially tossing high to Brandon so he can high point the ball). So when I look back on the 1st 11 games of the season I see we lost a game that he basically didn't play (Oakland), and see if not for some dropped balls (I'm not talking diving attempts, I'm talking perfect ball on both hands types of plays) he might have QBed this team to 7/8 wins already & the Jets would be in the catbird seat regarding the Wildcard spot. 

I actually would have no problem if they reup with Fitz, keep bringing along Petty, and start rebuilding the Oline & LInebacking core in the 2016 draft. Of course if a QB they love falls to them mid draft I'm all for it. Jets would be in a great position next year with a Fitz/Petty/Goff type of situation. How great is it to have young guys learning from a smart veteran that actually knows what he's doing? And as much as people here scream about Chan Gailey, it's IMPERATIVE that we maintain a system & bring guys along so they GET IT. The more you change, the harder the transition. Parcells use to make people do the same thing OVER & OVER until you could do it in your sleep! 

We all have a habit of always blaming the QB (I'm guilty) but this is a team game and Fitz has done enough to win EVERY game he's finished this year. I'm sure this is how Bowles feels & why Geno will never see the field even when we're out of it unless Fitz gets injured. 

OMG, yes he's prolly a great locker room guy and his teammates like him, but c'mon, he's got what is one of the top five tandems of starting wideouts in the league...the Giants D has been pretty awful all year - they made Kirk Cousins look like Tom Brady...Dont get me wrong...today was a great win, but if Coughlin just gets a FG instead of Eli be Elisha the Jets lose this game and you are trashing Fitz just like I always have and always will....most of Fitz passes were against a soft SOFT zone and those plays will not be open against nearly ever other team in the league.

Fitz has 22 TD and 11 Int's. He is having a better year than Favre had for the Jets in 08 by a lot. But most of the naysayers will either go quiet or keep on their agenda driven analysis.

Fitz really has been great.  He provides leadership and brains to a position on the Jets that has been lacking those qualities for too long.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZith6mvK6v8ABbTWGng76j1sHTtvIlBL099yFDFBHs4ha9AgSHe3XPVqWlwLINmN-h5o5OU4NqO9FP-JrkMYoWI8-X37q2X1MgV2UMPVvt9kg1zZe36o9uhFMBh-tRXUFrMm3GsR0HO3xgvT88HR5lOId862iY1zKGu67PzaSJN5M9wqCFR_1aKnYBhru27COjlB08RiAZy1lj5gL11yhEsYzHoPws5bbuF8pSxwZ3TlrA1lVvlWa3JF34ywekvcA9DrssNIr1u8GjjWQyu-NKYBUn2PxA9W41brHaIpK2luuSsB_1aqxIMR9lQPHXXF9mVgjPs8q-UIgy6m6cNBg-DmHJmvhxkgB6l_1V7TrjuPrE6F6TK-EGtya36lsYuLgP_1tuZ73dlQsr9o8CgfmlTxkc49hQ6TCmgZ7mI_15zLJXiCjtHwaTqZ6LkraIySgb-JyGvEBQf1GSEHHIMEyv7doPmwyslJ2zJuU48Ykn-iEmvuqmtPGVMdjXe1HrR-pMsjWl1HpYT0frk9VxaMXGRPJi8NnhUWLdOlApo_1r8Uo47fUVgIGzMcbn_1DY-Ma_104fmxvlhCLWlRVz1MIOEMCb76IHTqYW5ETUFJjaAl1nI7mxJ07NOGC3okFkojQOTDtIJSawmPUpNK6mj8bzZJ3smsUBfTSC6VV98txlz_1PAm9T8dNKceTJVQjidgPH1o74_1R_1Ol-y5P9JpkxUUFvi6ZL5d4nho0umMnviZP9nGFRGGJ3kXkPdcZPEtSVhpwlZRxG0_1-WyXPgVYqZcx0Old2iUXqrwV-zdlhwR_1DqnjQzNTCqkk0QDXP7I21tiQpDeJiZpiTOIXXqh-C97kCUA-VLTz50eAvHqA9oKBL3Qupzfb5FiXeclmYiUJtehQ0xAOnB2nX0ZFaC8143BPc3Ek1E17VJ3fv9j51GcqE-2OajsV2szJ-ZRlXEHEgugSG_1TdeFMzi8nIaBqHnV25lDXpc_1dO87eUsi-rN8X7hFpiPZJ3GX2JxMVwv5JJB7cJ0Km2wZE_1Isglza6NJSE06ZmHbIYRqXsyjDdlThMY2iepPV8ngatGxIQuTa9jaKMgEz77x2aSUPB-6a8zO3q5WNfcV-76DbgK6RnVIW7ydAUHlGQTXJov7z_1mZEtJSl8OfGtO0eflchU_1Wgr3HxHzTkUFHgeoD6WfpkeQ7JtSaluByzu4AySNIAsNoeAIkFrACr3FFQ24TH9tMvs2abZ-_1SVowMP-92eAPjc1tA_1TLfgEFN8ohBkrigEnrVa7JHfq3r_14ZuZF81LDvR9pip6VY6apd-7KgsmbwRTJG5Ctsb6nH-_1Cv12JbyEl-RUcqJaCCYovyDFzEuVNJ1pt4pRyRtGM57-RxNuXdPBTw&btnG=Search%20by%20image&hl=en

You go, Lloyd!

say-anything-boombox.jpg

Look, I understand this guy is not the long term solution at QB for us, but I cannot help but to like this guy. The heart he has, the decisions he makes, and the chemistry he has with Marshall and Decker is truly something fun to watch. We always lacked a passing game, but Fitz has given us a remarkable spark. 

Again, I'm not saying he greats but he's good enough and I'm saying he's good enough to the point where I think teams will fear playing us in the playoffs. Our offensive line, running game, and combination of our two headed receivers should strike fear in defenses. 

I cant overlook the boneheaded mistakes on Fitz part because Fitz puts himself at risk every week to lose his services. thats a problem. Even outside of Jet fans debate. Just look at it from a Jets organization point of view. You're dealing with a guy that you may consider your "best talented option" yet he risks himself every week. If Geno is as bad as people love to say he is, then you dont want Fitz AT ALL putting himself at risk. Being smart is being the ultimate competitor. 

Look at Tom Brady. That dude will give up a sack in a second in order not to take a hit. He wont fight that because Brady understands that its just "ONE PLAY" and if he puts himself at risk to take a hit in order to get off a pass that may be disrupted or picked off then he'll understand right after the play that winning the war doesnt mean having to win every battle. 

Whats worse here is that this isnt even what Fitz is doing. Fitz got hurt on a scramble play where he pick up the 1st down YAAAARDS ago lol. It was ridiculous. The man just came back from breaking his leg. Now I lay off the rush TD where he got those points. Some times you do have to put yourself on the line to make sure something gets accomplished, but when you do these reckless things every week, then even when it comes to a situation that could have been understood it will instead be scrutinized because he doesnt show the ability to know when to do something and when not to do something. 

If Geno is so bad, then the last thing you want from Fitz is the "competitiveness" you speak of. You rather him be smart and get those 2 yards on the following down. I cant give excuses for Fitz....just cant. I wouldnt do it for Geno and honestly, Fitz isnt playing to a level where he is afforded excuses. 

I guess you take the good with the bad, that 4th down scramble saved the game and maybe the season.  #Fitzmagic

Lol sure. 

This week you guys are Piranhas the next week you guys scatter like roaches. 

Huh?  I was just making a funny.

You should enjoy this stuff man.  If yesterday didnt get you going as a Jets fan, why even watch?  

I found it all to be very exciting because I like the Jets.

Archived