Did Bowles apologize to Jets fans?

Jetster

I mean seriously, I've been a Jet fan since I was 8 & I was born in 1960. Jet fans are a running joke in the NFL but the most loyal based on the things we've witnessed over those years. Mud Bowl, Cleveland, Denver, the long line of QBs, 1998, and add yesterday into the mix, with 8 turnovers & 6 interceptions! I don't know about you but I still enjoy getting ready for a game, looking forward to see how they do each week & thought coming off a 9 day rest and how the offense looked in Buffalo, we had a chance.

Here's the thing about the Jets. AFTER PLAYING LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS, down 3-17, they still had every opportunity to get in the game. Honestly, I've seen some Browns games over the past 2 years & with all of the money we spent on our secondary last year, resigning Mo, using draft pick after draft pick on defense yesterday was like watching the worst team in the NFL play. It was HORRIBLE and the scary thing is they were ALL BAD! It started with Fitz who couldn't hit the side of a barn from the word go. Here we are with an 11 year veteran, who can't make the simplest throws in the NFL. Too low, too high, behind the WR, never too far,lol. 

Lets go to the coaches. Absolutely no adjustments, on offense or defense. 9 days of prep & it was like they've never seen an Andy Reid offense or a Bob Sutton defense? I saw interviews with guys & they said, "we have to be aware of their big TE Kelce". Well they were aware of him when they were looking at his azz running with ball after being open on ANOTHER crossing route. Why the f*ck was he being allowing to get off the LOS so easy? We never use the 5 yard rule to our advantage. But I digress, the defense actually did enough yesterday to win the game, this is a bend but don't break league & though underneath they were like a sieve they also spent WAY TOO MUCH time on the field in the 1st half because of our anemic offense.

I have NO IDEA what the offensive game plan was but yesterday it didn't matter. Fitz was OFF from the get go & for an 11 year veteran the way he carelessly heaved the ball around he should have been benched! Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! There have been way better QBs benched during games than the below average Ryan Fitzpatrick. Parcells would have LOST HIS SH*T yesterday, meanwhile Todd Bowles, a supposed Parcells disciple, stands there like he's posing for an Art class. 

Heres another thing I want to mention from yesterday that just burned my azz like no other. We spent a fortune on this secondary in 2015! We have 3 1st round picks on the Dline. Todd Bowles is supposedly a defensive coach & he was SCARED to call a TO, down two TDs on a 3rd & 7 with 1:08 left in the half! SCARED! There is absolutely no other reason for standing there like a wooden Indian and let the clock run down? He lost faith in a defense that he orchestrates that we have spent millions of dollars & numerous high draft picks on! I'm sorry, that doesn't cut it my book. Another check mark on the wrong side for Bowles & those bad column check marks grow each week. 

I give him zero allowance for the bad QB play yesterday, this is the guy you personally anointed your starter after last season & when he wasn't under contract. This is TODD BOWLES GUY. So he gets 100% of the blame yesterday. That's how it works in the NFL, when you PICK THE GROCERIES as they say. He also picked Kacey Rogers and all indications are that he's a terrible DC. In 3 games we haven't stopped ANYTHING that those 3 teams do well! We let AJ Green demolish us, we let TRod throw 2 long TDs, and we let Alex Smith do EXACTLY what Alex Smith does, throw underneath coverage to his big TE, over & over.

So, give me a list of what Russell Wilson does well & I'll tell you exactly what we WON'T be able to stop next Sunday. Someone mentioned what would happen if you switched coaches yesterday. I think we all know the answer & that doesn't bode well for us Jet fans who were hoping we could find coaching stability for our team. Bowles doesn't have IT, that sense coaches need to change momentum. The balls to GO FOR IT on 4th and 2. Jets are not a complete team so they need help from the coaches to overcome some of their shortfalls. So far they haven't gotten that and it really showed up yesterday & no one was held accountable, not Fitz, not J.Marshall. 

Real disciplined coaches would have NEVER put up with it. You would have seen screaming (Parcells) or benchings (Belichick), or both, but I can tell you this J. Marshall would have been replaced by both of those guys. You can't have turnovers. They are unacceptable, Geno Smith has been crucified by the coaches & the fans for turning the ball over, Fitz should not get a pass. Bowles should be under the microscope by the Jets Brass. I'd be skeptical if I owned the team. These mistakes need to be corrected or else.

I was watching Boomer on WFAN & he's saying the same things that us fans are saying! He said it was the worst QBing he's seen in 20 years. He was off right from the start & got worse with each possession. Just the thought that we have 3 other QBs and couldn't or wouldn't turn to any of them is an indictment on all of the people in charge.

The issue is that this team is built to pass the ball. Yet the starting QB cannot throw. The Jets are not a run first team. The lack of a blocking TE and now a FB tells a lot about a team. This is a one dimensional  team with a severly below average starter at QB. Completely unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I think the bigger indictment is that his game plan, after 10 days, was so inept and wrinkle-free.

Bowles STILL hasn't fixed the defense of the WR screen.

That defense is simple. CBs need to be physical to get off blocks to stop them. Jets CBs are not physical. And it shows in coverage

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That defense is simple. CBs need to be physical to get off blocks to stop them. Jets CBs are not physical. And it shows in coverage

Shouldn't the LBs be involved? In ANYTHING on defense?! Besides Darron Lee, props to him, I don't see what they are assigned to do.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Macc also needs to apologize to the fans for signing a QB to 12 million dollars after having him sit in free agency for almost 5 months and watching as no other team in the league wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole at that asking price. 

#Caved. 

Only the Jets could be held hostage by a journeyman QB that beaten only 1 team with a winning record in 3 years. Dak Prescott looked pretty good last night. Let's hope Jimmy Garapolo leaves in free agency instead of getting traded. I'm sure BB is smart enough to put a 2nd round tag on him to get a draft pick if no one comes calling. At least we'd have a QB that's been coached properly & is accurate. This f*cking team has been held hostage at QB forever. I'm agreeing with SAR that the best thing that can happen now is that we find out this year if Petty can lead a team. It's year 3 let's find out what we have instead of wasting another season with questions at QB. We thought that Fitz could at least be a bridge but yesterday proved he needs to be replaced like the Tapanzee is currently being replaced.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Shouldn't the LBs be involved? In ANYTHING on defense?! Besides Darron Lee, props to him, I don't see what they are assigned to do.

The LBs are there to stop the passes for RBs out of the backfield or swing passes, not screens. WR screens need to be blown up by the CBs. And through two weeks, I can tell you that they are not physical enough to break their blocks. Revis is old and Skrine/Williams arent physical enough,

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The LBs are there to stop the passes for RBs out of the backfield or swing passes, not screens. WR screens need to be blown up by the CBs. And through two weeks, I can tell you that they are not physical enough to break their blocks. Revis is old and Skrine/Williams arent physical enough,

Hmm, I think if they played a zone, those WR screens would be in the zone they would be playing.

Whatever it is, there's a defense for the WR screen and we don't seem to know what it is.

I think the blocking is other WRs in the pattern. I think I'm calling a short pass to a WR a WR screen. The play I'm talking about is where they set up trips on one side, have one WR go out into the pattern, picking off a DB and have the other WR block for the receiver.

I believe if we had a LB in zone coverage we'd have enough defenders to stop it.

Just now, Jetster said:

Only the Jets could be held hostage by a journeyman QB that beaten only 1 team with a winning record in 3 years. Dak Prescott looked pretty good last night. Let's hope Jimmy Garapolo leaves in free agency instead of getting traded. I'm sure BB is smart enough to put a 2nd round tag on him to get a draft pick if no one comes calling. At least we'd have a QB that's been coached properly & is accurate. This f*cking team has been held hostage at QB forever. I'm agreeing with SAR that the best thing that can happen now is that we find out this year if Petty can lead a team. It's year 3 let's find out what we have instead of wasting another season with questions at QB. We thought that Fitz could at least be a bridge but yesterday proved he needs to be replaced like the Tapanzee is currently being replaced.

Look at the stats from teams that either passed on FItzpatrick (Broncos, Browns) Have rookies playing (Browns, Dallas, Philly, NE), or decided to sign another journeyman "journeymen salaries" outside of paying Fitzpatrick 12 dollars (Chicago). These are from all their games yesterday. 

Broncos. Trevor Siemian- 23/35 4TD's 0 Int's

Browns. Cody Kessler- 21/33 244 yards 0TD's 0 Int's. 

Dallas. Dak Prescott- 19/24 248 yards 1TD 0 Int's, 4 rushes for 36 yards and 1 TD. 

Chicago. Brian Hoyer- 30/49 317 yards 2TD's 0 Int's

Philly. Carson Wentz- 23/31 301 yards 2TD's 0 Int's

Compare that to

Jets. Ryan Fitzpatrick- 20-44 188 yards, 0TD's 6 Int's 1 fumble. 1 Fum rec.

Chicago paid Brian Hoyer 2 million, the Jets paid Fitzpatrick 12 million. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Look at the stats from teams that either passed on FItzpatrick (Broncos, Browns) Have rookies playing (Browns, Dallas, Philly, NE), or decided to sign another journeyman "journeymen salaries" outside of paying Fitzpatrick 12 dollars (Chicago). These are from all their games yesterday. 

Dallas. Dak Prescott- 19/24 248 yards 1TD 0 Int's, 4 rushes for 36 yards and 1 TD. 

Compare that to

You were not here when that possibility was brought up were you? People were going "EW Brian HOyer"

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Compare that to

I heard a stat today from Greenie...something like 271 pass attempts have been thrown by rookies this year and only 1 INT.  And we're trotting out Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick.  

lmfao only the Jets.  Literally let Ryan Fitzpatrick hold them hostage seriously believing he could repeat what he did last year.  

Really, I'd rather have had NO Fitz. It would have lessened expectations to reasonable levels AND gotten everyone's Great Hope closer to starting.

And if you think these WRs are still in love with Fitz, throwing to them when covered by two and three guys, you're higher than a kite by now...

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Really, I'd rather have had NO Fitz. It would have lessened expectations to reasonable levels AND gotten everyone's Great Hope closer to starting.

And if you think these WRs are still in love with Fitz, throwing to them when covered by two and three guys, you're higher than a kite by now...

I wonder how Marshall, Decker & Mangold are feeling about their good ole boy Fitzy that they seemed all giddy about when he showed up on the day camp started? Anyone have that picture? Only the Jets let players pick their QB based on their friendship with him. I honestly believe TJ Yates could do what Fitz is asked to do. When your "game manager" is throwing picks while pressured, throwing when he's being tackled, throwing into double & triple coverage it completely goes against the reason you gave him 12 million dollars. Ryan Fitzpatrick in the shotgun, throwing, throwing & throwing has never been his game, will never be his game. I would take all 31 other QBs in this game to THROW THE BALL AROUND with abandon, including Geno Smith, before I'd ever want to see Fitz do it like he did yesterday. He was so bad that I can't remember ever seeing anybody play any worse, including Geno vs the Bills when his starting WRs were Clyde Gates, Greg Salas, and an uninterested Percy Harvin.

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

I heard a stat today from Greenie...something like 271 pass attempts have been thrown by rookies this year and only 1 INT.  And we're trotting out Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick.  

lmfao only the Jets.  Literally let Ryan Fitzpatrick hold them hostage seriously believing he could repeat what he did last year.  

This is precisely why you put in Geno or Petty. There was no reason to sign Fitz to 12 million. So what Marshall/Decker/Mangold have mancrushes. Where has that gotten us? As of right now Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the league and has thrown more INT's than entire divisions combined. 

All those people talking about how "Geno Smith was rated the worst QB in his first two seasons" are for some reason not mentioning how a 12 year, 12 million dollar Vet is being paid 1.7 million dollars per INT thrown. This dude is on pace to throw 37 INT's on the season to just 16 TD's. They're not talking about how he's currently the worst starter in the league right now. They're not talking about how he has the lowest passer rating (59.3) since his rookie season in St. Louis (58.2). No one is talking about how Fitz is on track to register his lowest completion % of his career. 

All this with. Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Quincey Enunwa, etc, etc. He has the weapons. People always talk about how "Not having weapons isnt an excuse for Geno". Well Fitz ACTUALLY has these guys and instead of leading the passes down the field for TD's he's underthrowing them and being completely inconsistent. Guys here tried to explain how Fitz was even inaccurate in the Bills game and how the WR's was making great plays on his bad throws and guys didnt want to hear it because he was the player of the week and how people were just hating. Last night proved what was being said. 

You cant blame this on the offensive line. For what its worth Fitz is not being pressured because the line is doing a damn good job, yet Fitz has still found a way to fumble the football in every game he's played in so far this season. Luckily no defenders were around to recover. Cant blame Chan Gailey for calling plays that put WR's in position for go-ahead TD's if the ball was simply thrown in front of them. If the Jets would have hit on just those three plays (two by Marshall and the Robbie Anderson) the Jets score 24 points and we win. Im not covering for the coaches bad decisions, especially Bowles, but what is Gailey supposed to do when he calls 3 plays that work that could have gone for TD's and every one of them are basically inaccurate passes? 

Dude, we held out to pay Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars and Jets fans actually accepted that sh*t and despised fans who didnt approve of it. Just 3 weeks into the season guys are already feeling that we're going to have a top 5 pick in the draft. 

Stats dont lie. You dont sign a guy to this amount of money knowing his record against .500 or better teams, knowing his record against top 12 defenses etc. You dont draft a QB keep 3 total QB's as backups that are all under rookie deals then give the keys to a journeyman that you basically guaranteed the job to while he was a free agent then cave to 12 million dollars after the entire league showed that it wasnt a good idea to do so. 

Only the Jets Jif. You're right on that one. 

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Back to the fanbase, Fanbase wnated to sign him. All about the fanbase.

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Compare that to

Your list of rookies is a good indictment against the Hindenburg but hoyer is stink awful so no big point there.  You could pick any of a number of Fitz stats games to justify him being here. 

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is precisely why you put in Geno or Petty. There was no reason to sign Fitz to 12 million. So what Marshall/Decker/Mangold have mancrushes. Where has that gotten us? As of right now Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the league and has thrown more INT's than entire divisions combined. 

All those people talking about how "Geno Smith was rated the worst QB in his first two seasons" are for some reason not mentioning how a 12 year, 12 million dollar Vet is being paid 1.7 million dollars per INT thrown. This dude is on pace to throw 37 INT's on the season to just 16 TD's. They're not talking about how he's currently the worst starter in the league right now. They're not talking about how he has the lowest passer rating (59.3) since his rookie season in St. Louis (58.2). No one is talking about how Fitz is on track to register his lowest completion % of his career. 

All this with. Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Quincey Enunwa, etc, etc. He has the weapons. People always talk about how "Not having weapons isnt an excuse for Geno". Well Fitz ACTUALLY has these guys and instead of leading the passes down the field for TD's he's underthrowing them and being completely inconsistent. Guys here tried to explain how Fitz was even inaccurate in the Bills game and how the WR's was making great plays on his bad throws and guys didnt want to hear it because he was the player of the week and how people were just hating. Last night proved what was being said. 

You cant blame this on the offensive line. For what its worth Fitz is not being pressured because the line is doing a damn good job, yet Fitz has still found a way to fumble the football in every game he's played in so far this season. Luckily no defenders were around to recover. Cant blame Chan Gailey for calling plays that put WR's in position for go-ahead TD's if the ball was simply thrown in front of them. If the Jets would have hit on just those three plays (two by Marshall and the Robbie Anderson) the Jets score 24 points and we win. Im not covering for the coaches bad decisions, especially Bowles, but what is Gailey supposed to do when he calls 3 plays that work that could have gone for TD's and every one of them are basically inaccurate passes? 

Dude, we held out to pay Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars and Jets fans actually accepted that sh*t and despised fans who didnt approve of it. Just 3 weeks into the season guys are already feeling that we're going to have a top 5 pick in the draft. 

Stats dont lie. You dont sign a guy to this amount of money knowing his record against .500 or better teams, knowing his record against top 12 defenses etc. You dont draft a QB keep 3 total QB's as backups that are all under rookie deals then give the keys to a journeyman that you basically guaranteed the job to while he was a free agent then cave to 12 million dollars after the entire league showed that it wasnt a good idea to do so. 

Only the Jets Jif. You're right on that one. 

The entire handling of Fitz this offseason was a debacle.  From the second Bowles named him the started after the Buffalo choke job.  And the money was one thing but **** the money.  It's like I said all offseason, he does nothing for the future of this team and that's what it's all about.  Finding the future.  It's why I was adamant to not sign him at all, **** the money and just let the kids play.  Fitz actually holds you back as franchise.  That's the type of QB he is. 

Just now, JiF said:

The entire handling of Fitz this offseason was a debacle.  From the second Bowles named him the started after the Buffalo choke job.  And the money was one thing but **** the money.  It's like I said all offseason, he does nothing for the future of this team and that's what it's all about.  Finding the future.  It's why I was adamant to not sign him and just let the kids play.  Fitz actually hold you back.  That's the type of QB he is. 

Again, you mean to tell me that this fanbase would have the patience with Geno Smith and any of the other QBs?

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Compare that to

So Villain, you're doing one game analyses right now. I noticed you didn't do one after week 2.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Back to the fanbase, Fanbase wnated to sign him. All about the fanbase.

What are you talking about?  The fanbase was strongly divided on this. 

And it has nothing to do with the fans.  Bowles announced him the starter the day after the Buffalo debacle.  This was always going to happen.  

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Again, you mean to tell me that this fanbase would have the patience with Geno Smith and any of the other QBs?

Who gives a **** about fans? What does this even mean? 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The entire handling of Fitz this offseason was a debacle.  From the second Bowles named him the started after the Buffalo choke job.  And the money was one thing but **** the money.  It's like I said all offseason, he does nothing for the future of this team and that's what it's all about.  Finding the future.  It's why I was adamant to not sign him at all, **** the money and just let the kids play.  Fitz actually holds you back as franchise.  That's the type of QB he is. 

Absolutely unbelievable how they handled that. I was completely disgusted when I heard them publicly make him the starter when he wasnt even on the team. 

This is what Ryan Fitzpatrick's stats look like over his last for games as a Jet. 1-3 record, 5 TD's 10 INT's and has just one game out of his last 4 where he completed over 54% passing. Two of those 4 games he's completed 45% or lower 

But the saddest thing here is this. Once we get pass the schedule where we play playoff caliber teams and we start being up on bum teams, watch guys start defending this inconsistent journeyman. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

What are you talking about?  The fanbase was strongly divided on this. 

And it has nothing to do with the fans.  Bowles announced him the starter the day after the Buffalo debacle.  This was always going to happen.  

Who gives a **** about fans? What does this even mean? 

the fanbase is the core of the problems. THEY ARE NOT PATIENT ENOUGH TO WANT A FULL REBUILD

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

I think the bigger indictment is that his game plan, after 10 days, was so inept and wrinkle-free.

Bowles STILL hasn't fixed the defense of the WR screen.

IDK. I saw Jenkins out there defending against that screen and Smith change the play. They isolated Harris and Pryor to get those big gains.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So Villain, you're doing one game analyses right now. I noticed you didn't do one after week 2.

I'll give you Fitz last 4 games as a Jet then. 

Bills 16-37 181 yards 2 TD's 3 INT's 43% comp 

Bengals 19-35 189 yards 2 TD's 1 INT 54.3% comp

Bills 24-34 374 yards 1 TD 0 INT 70% comp (AFC player of the week)

Chiefs 20-44 188 yards 0TD's 6 INT's 45.5% comp. (Worst QB performance in Jets history)

Total  79-150, 5TD's 10INT's, 52% comp rate. 

Here's your guys last 4 games as a Jet....including your overly glorified week 2. You tell me what this looks like to you. 

Archived