For The Sake Of Balance

KRL

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He played 154 games. Was slightly above average. Made about 25-30 million for his job. Got cut months before the season. He should be in church thanking God for what the jets have done for him. 

Could they have cut him earlier? Maybe. Do I care? Not even a little. I want a cut throat front office, not a front office run by snowflakes.

Funny, because I'd think the real snowflakes are the ones that can't handle that other fans dare criticize the team.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gEYno said:

Anytime someone else does something that is quantifiably worse, anything else is no longer wrong.

No, just proving my point that it happens with all teams and good teams know when to call it quits... the SOJ would keep Harris and Decker because 'it's the right thing to do' and block the younger player

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

David Harris played 154 games in a Jets uniform.  Jeremy Macklin played 27 as a Chief.  The situations are not analogous. 

Do you folks realize that in a few years, David Harris will have his # retired in the Jets ring of honor and you will still be bitching about how he was let go  ?  What you folks fail to grasp is that it was David Harris's choice to no longer be a Jet because he didn't want to play for what the team was offering him  ?  They wanted him at their price and he said no .

Just now, Tinstar said:

Do you folks realize that in a few years, David Harris will have his # retired in the Jets ring of honor and you will still be bitching about how he was let go  ?  What you folks fail to grasp is that it was David Harris's choice to no longer be a Jet because he didn't want to play for what the team was offering him  ?  They wanted him at their price and he said no .

Along with Mangold....

Just now, Skeptable said:

No, just proving my point that it happens with all teams and good teams know when to call it quits... the SOJ would keep Harris and Decker because 'it's the right thing to do' and block the younger player

Still, no one is objecting that Harris isn't on the team.  Just that he should have been given his release with Revis and Mangold.

Just now, gEYno said:

Still, no one is objecting that Harris isn't on the team.  Just that he should have been given his release with Revis and Mangold.

Why, they thought maybe he could still contribute and gave him a shot in OTAs? Or they got a younger cheaper replacement in exchange for an unruly player in Pryor which they didn't have weeks ago. Either way they had no reason to let him go before that

Just now, Tinstar said:

I'm fairly confident that there is very little that you understand that I fail to grasp.  In fact, I believe, in this very thread, I already said that the Jets offer of a paycut and Harris's refusal are both not the issue of the criticism.

Just now, gEYno said:

I'm fairly confident that there is very little that you understand that I fail to grasp.  In fact, I believe, in this very thread, I already said that the Jets offer of a paycut and Harris's refusal are both not the issue of the criticism.

And again, they tried to work out a deal... gave him till the end of OTAs to do so and it didn't work out... so he was gone... big deal! Harris still can get a job somewhere else again he will still have to take a paycut.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I never claim to be smart beloved, just someone who lives on what I sell .

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Perhaps they were doing that on purpose as a business decision. With fewer options, he was more likely to accept the cut. If not, he's a grown-up and would know that he was effectively asking to be cut. I honestly don't see the Jets "owing" any player anything other than a chance to negotiate. He had that and refused. He hasn't exactly drifted into poverty as a result of his Jets contracts. Harris was given a bloated deal anyway. That was the subject of much dissatisfaction here. Now the Jets have played hardball and the same people are crying about class and kid-gloves. I like Harris, but he needed to go.

I mean, sure, that's possible.  But, that isn't the way I think you handle guys who've given you a decade of service.  Again, there has not been one compliant that Harris is gone, and a lot of the people objecting to the way this was handled were also vocally against his extension.  And as for a business decision, I believe it's a short-sighted one.  Treat your outgoing players with a measure of class, and you'll be more attractive to work with for others.

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hey guys, brace yourself for a BALANCE BOMB you wont hear from the shampooers in the MSM: all the dumb sh*t Maccagnan has done isnt dumb at all. Its Actually Good

If the team can lose so much and so horrendously that the stadium is only filled with away team fans, and literally no one cares anymore. After Florham Park is razed to the ground and the Earth salted. Only then can true rebuilding take place. 

Clearly it was all part of Maccs grand plan to ruin Harris' career.

Macc's probably too busy ruining his own career to be concerned with such things, I'd imagine.  But, cute response, as usual.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I mean, sure, that's possible.  But, that isn't the way I think you handle guys who've given you a decade of service.  Again, there has not been one compliant that Harris is gone, and a lot of the people objecting to the way this was handled were also vocally against his extension.  And as for a business decision, I believe it's a short-sighted one.  Treat your outgoing players with a measure of class, and you'll be more attractive to work with for others.

What if he thought, as opposed to Revis/Mangold, that there was some value to keeping Harris around. After OTAs the trade for Davis he decided he no longer wanted Harris as his contract?

This isn't a static universe. Things change. Visions change. Personnel changes. Plans change. 

This isn't a static universe. Things change. Visions change. Personnel changes. Plans change. 

I don't necessarily disagree with this.  Yet, why is the same concept considered absurd by some, when suggested that Hackenberg was initially not slated to play last year at a time when we resigned Fitzpatrick coming off a career year for 12M and the expectations were to make a playoff run.  Was it a static universe, where nothing changed, and visions were to remain the same, personnel didn't change (despite numerous injuries), and plans couldn't change?

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What if he thought, as opposed to Revis/Mangold, that there was some value to keeping Harris around. After OTAs the trade for Davis he decided he no longer wanted Harris as his contract?

lmfao at the word "vision" being in any way associated with a pants-soiling cretin like Maccagnan

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If the team can lose so much and so horrendously that the stadium is only filled with away team fans, and literally no one cares anymore. After Florham Park is razed to the ground and the Earth salted. Only then can true rebuilding take place. 

I know you're being sarcastic, but even you can't tell me this plan isn't a little tempting at this point.

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

What the SOJ would have done is kept him on the roster blocking the young players from developing while Harris only aged...

What kind of like what McCown will be doing this season?

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Only if McCown starts..., we aren't even at training camp yet... 

If you think Bowles is hitching his career wagon to Hack, or Petty your sadly mistaken, Macc has say on final 53, Bowles has say on depth chart, only way for Macc to force Bowles to start Hack, or Petty is to take McCown away from him Billy Beane style.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He played 154 games. Was slightly above average. Made about 25-30 million for his job. Got cut months before the season. He should be in church thanking God for what the jets have done for him. 

Could they have cut him earlier? Maybe. Do I care? Not even a little. I want a cut throat front office, not a front office run by snowflakes.

Try about twice that amount -- some $51m over the past 6 seasons. He was way overpaid, and both of his last 2 contracts were facepalm-stupid moves, so I'm not worried about DH's wallet.

At the same time, it isn't a particularly good look for the team. Time will pass, so I'm not up in arms about it, but the way a team does this is to tell a 10-year Jet before others know about it.

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If you think Bowles is hitching his career wagon to Hack, or Petty your sadly mistaken, Macc has say on final 53, Bowles has say on depth chart, only way for Macc to force Bowles to start Hack, or Petty is to take McCown away from him Billy Beane style.

Then how does one explain going after Steve Smith on the same day the GM stated the rationale (behind dumping Decker) is to get the young kids on the field?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Try about twice that amount -- some $51m over the past 6 seasons. He was way overpaid, and both of his last 2 contracts were facepalm-stupid moves, so I'm not worried about DH's wallet.

At the same time, it isn't a particularly good look for the team. Time will pass, so I'm not up in arms about it, but the way a team does this is to tell a 10-year Jet before others know about it.

tell that to his agents...pretty clear they told schefter..

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Then how does one explain going after Steve Smith on the same day the GM stated the rationale (behind dumping Decker) is to get the young kids on the field?

Smith said the inquiry was Feb/March

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

How do you explain half of what this regime has done over the last 3 seasons? They seem to sailing blind hoping to hit land with absolutely no plan.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Exactly. They treat  Revis, who was a pain in the ass from the day he was drafted, with the utmost respect. Yet Harris, who ran through every wall put in front of him for 10 years, gets treated like this. This was disgraceful.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You are making assumptions that Hack and Petty will be worse then McCown and that Mac and Bowles aren't in agreement... I will wait to reserve my opinion until it actually happens rather then get mad at something that hasn't happened yet.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They could tell Harris themselves. It doesn't have to be washed through his agents on the phone.

thats why players have agents...if all what was reported was true Harris knew what was going on...hell after the pursuit of hightower he knew.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Exactly. They treat  Revis, who was a pain in the ass from the day he was drafted, with the utmost respect. Yet Harris, who ran through every wall put in front of him for 10 years, gets treated like this. This was disgraceful.

He made almost 55 million in 9 years with the Jets, they really don't owe him anymore TBH.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

How do you explain half of what this regime has done over the last 3 seasons? They seem to sailing blind hoping to hit land with absolutely no plan.

They were competitive in their first season and the veterans gave up on the team in the second season... hard to judge an entire career on these two seasons

1 minute ago, section314 said:

LMAO. Yeah, I am sure Revis just loved the way he was cut. That early cut really helped him get signed by.....

Do any of you geniuses realize that the Jets may have thought there was a chance Harris could help the team this year (maybe help Lee/Mauldin develop) but circumstances changed and they cut him immediately upon making that decision. You are acting as if the Jets sat down in March, decided to cut Harris, but waited until June to stick it to him. 

LMAO. Yeah, I am sure Revis just loved the way he was cut. That early cut really helped him get signed by.....

Do any of you geniuses realize that the Jets may have thought there was a chance Harris could help the team this year (maybe help Lee/Mauldin develop) but circumstances changed and they cut him immediately upon making that decision. You are acting as if the Jets sat down in March, decided to cut Harris, but waited until June to stick it to him. 

Exactly... too many people eat up everything the MSM types up.

Archived