Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetster

Deep thoughts

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
10 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As of this moment I can see them winning 3 more games and thats it.

I can see them beating Cleveland, winning at Miami, and home to San Diego (that could be a game where you tank deliberately)

WE NEED ANOTHER tiny LB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Question: Considering how well this kid is playing for us and how terrible the Cheaters defense is currently, how come this kid couldn't make their defensive roster after they traded for him ?

Considering the condition of Big Cat's wrist and the condition of Wilkerson's shoulder, Jet fans should really quit complaining about how much this kid makes and realize that these guys are actually doing the Job they're supposed to do and actually doing it well . 

Do you folks realize that you have stopped complaining about the Jets inside linebackers  ?   Why don't you stop and consider why that is . The Jets chose to give Wilkerson that contract, and he signed it just like anyone else would have . He played last year on a bum wheel and he's gutting it out thus far with a bum shoulder .  A defensive lineman needs his feet to provide power in the trenches and his shoulders to maneuver effectively at the LOS .

If you read this Mo Wilkerson, know that this Jet fan appreciates what you do .

My post about Ealy was in no way derogatory toward Mo Wilkerson - or anybody else on the defense, so, not really sure where this is coming from Tinstar.

I just think Ealy was a hell of a find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, Jetster said:

Luckily we played a team that has a worse QB problem than us. Bortles is horrific.

No give up in this team, but way to many mistakes that should never happen, delay of game pushing FG & then a miss (so Jetsy, that sh*t pisses me off). Veteran QB rushing & throwing a lateral, ugh, Josh, your here to teach our young QBs the WCO not make boneheaded plays. Plus you held the ball too long.

Why do fans know Forte should have gotten limited snaps before he got hurt? Ridiculous that he had to suffer an injury for us to see more Powell & McGuire. Things like that make me say hmm. 

Mo is not long for this team, he either takes a pay cut or we send him on his way this offseason. What he gets per snap is highway robbery when I see other high paid defensive players around this league. 

Love all these young guys & Maccs waiver & trades. Crazy how he's turned it around with his scouts. Really nice group of hustlers, you need these type of players to build with. Nice ugly win, not all wins in this league are pretty. Our goal is to develop our youngsters until we find our Russell Wilson. A QB that elevates everyone. 

Watching Wilson tonight made me think about Terry Bradway pounding the table for Wilson & everyone looking at him with consternation on their faces thinking, really Terry, how can we trust you after picking a kicker in the 2nd round? The one time Terry Bradway was right, he just didn't have enough success for anyone to believe in him anymore. Again so very Jetsy, and makes you believe in the curse.

2-2, probably 3-2, just enjoy the process, lol. They'll face a lot more adversity after the Browns. I just want to see these young kids progress and fight. I want a team full of players that hate losing & don't want to accept it. A team that doesn't give up & plays 60. A team that's the opposite of what we endured in 2016.

This is a good post. Season has started off as well as they could have hoped. The big upcoming test for Todd will be benching McCown, whether or not he’s playing well at the time. If McCown plays more than six games, these Jets were never serious about a rebuild—they’re only serious about keeping Bowles employed beyond this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes. They do this every other year. This year is underdogs that play to spite the critics. Next year is dogs who underwhelmed because they believed the press clippings about how good they are.

This is a cycle.

True. But to be fair this cycle is made worse when you miss miserably on ever draft pick. If you hit on a few draft picks a year the team will show modest improvement year to year. Not that we have or will but one can hope. After last nights game I would take Cousins or Smith in a heart beat in FA and a QB in the draft at whatever pick we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

My post about Ealy was in no way derogatory toward Mo Wilkerson - or anybody else on the defense, so, not really sure where this is coming from Tinstar.

I just think Ealy was a hell of a find.

The 1st part of my post was in response to what you wrote about Ealy, but the 2nd part of my post was in response to something I read in another post and mistakenly replied to . You have my apologies for making you uncomfortable . I do tend to babble sometimes .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

The 1st part of my post was in response to what you wrote about Ealy, but the 2nd part of my post was in response to something I read in another post and mistakenly replied to . You have my apologies for making you uncomfortable . I do tend to babble sometimes .

No worries Tinstar, I wasn't uncomfortable, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, Jetster said:

Luckily we played a team that has a worse QB problem than us. Bortles is horrific.

No give up in this team, but way to many mistakes that should never happen, delay of game pushing FG & then a miss (so Jetsy, that sh*t pisses me off). Veteran QB rushing & throwing a lateral, ugh, Josh, your here to teach our young QBs the WCO not make boneheaded plays. Plus you held the ball too long.

Why do fans know Forte should have gotten limited snaps before he got hurt? Ridiculous that he had to suffer an injury for us to see more Powell & McGuire. Things like that make me say hmm. 

Mo is not long for this team, he either takes a pay cut or we send him on his way this offseason. What he gets per snap is highway robbery when I see other high paid defensive players around this league. 

Love all these young guys & Maccs waiver & trades. Crazy how he's turned it around with his scouts. Really nice group of hustlers, you need these type of players to build with. Nice ugly win, not all wins in this league are pretty. Our goal is to develop our youngsters until we find our Russell Wilson. A QB that elevates everyone. 

Watching Wilson tonight made me think about Terry Bradway pounding the table for Wilson & everyone looking at him with consternation on their faces thinking, really Terry, how can we trust you after picking a kicker in the 2nd round? The one time Terry Bradway was right, he just didn't have enough success for anyone to believe in him anymore. Again so very Jetsy, and makes you believe in the curse.

2-2, probably 3-2, just enjoy the process, lol. They'll face a lot more adversity after the Browns. I just want to see these young kids progress and fight. I want a team full of players that hate losing & don't want to accept it. A team that doesn't give up & plays 60. A team that's the opposite of what we endured in 2016.

When-Your-Blind-Date-Tells-You-He-Doesnt

 

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

and how fun would this season be at 2-2 with a potential franchise QB leading the way

I was thinking 3-1 , we should have beat the Bills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is a good post. Season has started off as well as they could have hoped. The big upcoming test for Todd will be benching McCown, whether or not he’s playing well at the time. If McCown plays more than six games, these Jets were never serious about a rebuild—they’re only serious about keeping Bowles employed beyond this season.

If the Jets are in still in the playoff equation, he's not benching him. Especially if McCown is still playing how he has the first quarter of the season. And unfortunately, I can't even blame him for doing so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If the Jets are in still in the playoff equation, he's not benching him. Especially if McCown is still playing how he has the first quarter of the season. And unfortunately, I can't even blame him for doing so. 

But is he playing that well?  Last Sunday, 1st half he played great.   2nd half he dropped a turd.  He is what we thought he was.  Just good enough to scratch out wins against bad teams but limited in his ability to play 60 minutes of good football.  Throwing 10 straight completions is nice but when 9 of them are < 5 yards, it's not exactly HoF-level prowess.  Even if we are still in the hunt in 2 weeks at 3-3, I'd still rather make the switch to Petty and see what we've got because I have no sense that McCown can win 9 games this year and no interest in watching him win just enough to blow our chance at a top QB but still miss the playoffs and still have no answers about Petty (I'm not even considering Hack as a 2018 option at this point).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

But is he playing that well?  Last Sunday, 1st half he played great.   2nd half he dropped a turd.  He is what we thought he was.  Just good enough to scratch out wins against bad teams but limited in his ability to play 60 minutes of good football.  Throwing 10 straight completions is nice but when 9 of them are < 5 yards, it's not exactly HoF-level prowess.  Even if we are still in the hunt in 2 weeks at 3-3, I'd still rather make the switch to Petty and see what we've got because I have no sense that McCown can win 9 games this year and no interest in watching him win just enough to blow our chance at a top QB but still miss the playoffs and still have no answers about Petty (I'm not even considering Hack as a 2018 option at this point).

That's fine as a fan but for a coach? That's pretty much asking to get fired. Can't make a switch for the hell of it, lose your chance at a playoff spot and if Petty ends up playing poorly? The whole team would probably turn against him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

That's fine as a fan but for a coach? That's pretty much asking to get fired. Can't make a switch for the hell of it, lose your chance at a playoff spot and if Petty ends up playing poorly? The whole team would probably turn against him.

 

It will have to follow a thoroughly bad game by McCown.  Even a half-good, half-bad game won't get it done unless they lose because he crapped the bed in the 4th quarter even worse than last week.  Again, what we don't know is what has been communicated to TB by ownership about what is expected this season.  If they told him winning 6 games with McCown was preferable to playing Petty then you can't blame him but you can blame the Johnsons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×