Saints Opener officially moved to Giants Stadium

nj meadowlands

I don't get it.

Why don't they just play in the Alamodome? A stadium that was built for a non-existant football team.

It's highly unlikely that the Saints will play in the SuperDome at all this season. Are they going to play every single game on the road? This makes no sense to me.

As awful as I feel for the saints and the people of NO, why should the Giants and other teams with the Saints on their road schedule get an extra home game? LSU, Legion Field in Birmingham and the AlamoDome are all available. What happens if that win gives the Giants a tiebreaker come playoff time? Those 8 teams that are getting an extra hoem game are gonna benefit unfairly.

Aw, eff it-the Jints aren't winning pooh!Now watch the Saints go out an intercept the hell out of Eli.

How stupid.

The game SHOULD be played on the 19th so it doesn't effect our home opener whatsoever.

But I mean comeon, the game shouldn't be played here anyways...LSU doesn't play at home on the 17th, the stadium is open for the game, this makes no sense to me.

Oh and so this means the Giants get 9 home games and 7 road games, that's not a fair advantage is it? The stadium is going to be all Giants fans, can you think of any of those people from Louisana traveling up here? Maybe 5,000, maybe.

I don't get it.

Why don't they just play in the Alamodome? A stadium that was built for a non-existant football team.

It's highly unlikely that the Saints will play in the SuperDome at all this season. Are they going to play every single game on the road? This makes no sense to me.

Troll, you know this, the NFL doesn't work in logic. Playing in San Antonio would be logical. Playing at Tiger Stadium, down in Baton Rouge, would be logical. Granted, the Aint's would still be playing 16 road games, but at least they'd be closer than having to travel to each and every one of their opponents homes. How this flies I'll never know.

Troll, you know this, the NFL doesn't work in logic. Playing in San Antonio would be logical. Playing at Tiger Stadium, down in Baton Rouge, would be logical. Granted, the Aint's would still be playing 16 road games, but at least they'd be closer than having to travel to each and every one of their opponents homes. How this flies I'll never know.

Why?

The 17th is a mere 15 days away. The region will still be in a state of disaray.

How many Saints fans are going to want to treck to the metropolis of Baton Rouge to catch a game?

While San Antonio is slightly better, it is still a Cowboys and Texans state, unless the tickets are free, I doubt the place would be half full.Boyz/Texans on TV or Giants/Saints? Tough call.

NY is actually the no-brainer. Whether season ticket holders get first dibs or they open ticket sales to the general public, the Giants 9th home game stands better chance of selling out.

The NFL wants a stadium full of people to show the nation the healing. A half full stadium in San Antonio that might be subject to territorial or black-out laws does not apply.

Why?

The 17th is a mere 15 days away. The region will still be in a state of disaray.

How many Saints fans are going to want to treck to the metropolis of Baton Rouge to catch a game?

While San Antonio is slightly better, it is still a Cowboys and Texans state, unless the tickets are free, I doubt the place would be half full.Boyz/Texans on TV or Giants/Saints? Tough call.

NY is actually the no-brainer. Whether season ticket holders get first dibs or they open ticket sales to the general public, the Giants 9th home game stands better chance of selling out.

The NFL wants a stadium full of people to show the nation the healing. A half full stadium in San Antonio that might be subject to territorial or black-out laws does not apply.

Hey, I'm just saying it's not the best solution. I'm not sure that football is the first thing on most Saints fan's minds, at the moment, anyway. But, for the players, they all live closer to Baton Rouge and San Antoine than they do to every other team they play. My point is more for the Saints players, than the fans. When the Bears played all their games at the University of Illinois, they said they felt like they were playing 16 road games.

My point is that the players will be worn down by week 11, easy, if they play all their games in their opponent's stadiums.

Hey, I'm just saying it's not the best solution. I'm not sure that football is the first thing on most Saints fan's minds, at the moment, anyway. But, for the players, they all live closer to Baton Rouge and San Antoine than they do to every other team they play. My point is more for the Saints players, than the fans. When the Bears played all their games at the University of Illinois, they said they felt like they were playing 16 road games.

My point is that the players will be worn down by week 11, easy, if they play all their games in their opponent's stadiums.

I understand that and agree.

I think it is to soon for the area to be ready for football.

I would wait until their third or fourth game (not knowing their schedule) until I brought it 'home.'

Props to BaumerJet on this one.

He called this several days ago and I think some Jet fans stated he was "nuts".

As I have found out, BaumerJet is not wrong too often. :wink:

Baumer was half right. He also stated that the Jets-Fins home games would be switched, which was never going to happen (lucky for those of us that have flights, hotels, tix for the game in Miami). It still seems like an unfair advantage for the teams that get an extra home game.

Props to BaumerJet on this one.

He called this several days ago and I think some Jet fans stated he was "nuts".

As I have found out, BaumerJet is not wrong too often. :wink:

No. I agree Baumer is good. But he didn't get knocked until he suggested that the Jets would be moved as a result.

I said at the time no way they move the Jets. That would be making one problem into two.

Unfair. That is the only word to describe this. Unfair.

San Antonio wants them and they could play Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

Seattle played at the Huskies stadium.

Chicago played at Illinois stadium.

Why the hell can't the Saints play at LSU? This is pure unfair bullsh*t that the Giants and maybe even the other 7 teams they play for "home" games get 9 home games and 7 road.

I understand that and agree.

I think it is to soon for the area to be ready for football.

I would wait until their third or fourth game (not knowing their schedule) until I brought it 'home.'

WK DATE OPPONENT TICKETS TV TIME (ET)

1 Sun, Sep 11 at Carolina Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

2 Sun, Sep 18 NY Giants Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

3 Sun, Sep 25 at Minnesota Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

4 Sun, Oct 2 Buffalo Tickets CBS 1:00 PM

5 Sun, Oct 9 at Green Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

6 Sun, Oct 16 Atlanta Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 23 at St. Louis Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

8 Sun, Oct 30 Miami Tickets CBS 1:00 PM

9 Sun, Nov 6 Chicago Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

10 BYE WEEK

11 Sun, Nov 20 at New England Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

12 Sun, Nov 27 at NY Jets Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM

13 Sun, Dec 4 Tampa Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

14 Mon, Dec 12 at Atlanta Tickets ABC 9:00 PM

15 Sun, Dec 18 Carolina Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

16 Sat, Dec 24 Detroit Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

17 Sun, Jan 1 at Tampa Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

That's the schedule.

Actually, some people here have suggested that the Aint's play at the Pontiac Silverdome. The Lions home before Ford's Field opened. Which would be cool, and I'd be more inclined to drive out to Pontiac than Detroit.

You figure that 17 days would be good, for people to want to, at least for a few hours, forget about all the sh*t that they're going through. That's when they play the Giants. Roughly 17 days. I dunno...

Either way, it's a crummy situation and hard to deal with.

Well the Saints will get a bigger percentage of the gate I would think. The normal road percentage doesn't really apply here.

BUT...how do the Giants sell these tickets? Season ticket holders? Or Ticketmaster?

Seems like if they made them available to the general population it would be the right thing to do.

What I have read-playing in New York makes the most sense because the great likelihood of a sold out stadium-with a share of the proceeds from that going to relief for the victims. In another stadium most likely they will play in half filled stadium wherever that is. Thereby less money for charitable purposes

Archived