Red Sox chase for the Wildcard.....

JonEJet

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worried about the Sox making the playoffs. Sox would have to play the Angels probably though and spare you that embarrassing fate. :)
I'm not worried about who we face, and would prefer to play both!

If you're gonna win, win big!

Sounds like you don't think you can catch the Yankees then.

I'm not worried about who we face, and would prefer to play both!

If you're gonna win, win big!

Sounds like you don't think you can catch the Yankees then.

Sox won't catch the Yankees. Not the way the Yankees are playing. Sox are playing pretty well so it just goes to show how well the Yanks are playing. I do think they'll take the wildcard. Sox schedule down the stretch is much more forgiving than I think Texas' is.

However, the playoffs are a whole new season and story. You've got a team with some questionable playoff performances (Mo, Jorge, Jeter and some others aside). And some just without the experience.

Sox won't catch the Yankees. Not the way the Yankees are playing. Sox are playing pretty well so it just goes to show how well the Yanks are playing. I do think they'll take the wildcard. Sox schedule down the stretch is much more forgiving than I think Texas' is.

However, the playoffs are a whole new season and story. You've got a team with some questionable playoff performances (Mo, Jorge, Jeter and some others aside). And some just without the experience.

That does not bother me, players go from playoff goats to playoff heros all of the time, and you know this!

You guys are really not much better, I know Beckett has been awesome in the post, but he's not himself right now, and the past is not going to help him.

I do however expect him to be tough in the playoffs, but right now he's a ? Lester too has good post season numbers but then what?

Your #3

Tim Wakefield division series 9.14 era... League Champ...5.21 W.S.12.27....

Your # 4

Clay Bucholtz.....None

Dice K..career 4.79 ERA..

Nothing to be scared of, and I'll take the Yankees in hitting anyday!

:biggrin: That's putting it mildly. Blowing a playoff series after being up 3-0 ? Yeah, they've got issues.

with their loss to the White Sox, and the Rangers win, the Sox are 1.5 games ahead

Gong to be a fight to the finish

Troll. ;)

It is 2 games BTW.

That does not bother me, players go from playoff goats to playoff heros all of the time, and you know this!

You guys are really not much better, I know Beckett has been awesome in the post, but he's not himself right now, and the past is not going to help him.

I do however expect him to be tough in the playoffs, but right now he's a ? Lester too has good post season numbers but then what?

Your #3

Tim Wakefield division series 9.14 era... League Champ...5.21 W.S.12.27....

Your # 4

Clay Bucholtz.....None

Dice K..career 4.79 ERA..

Nothing to be scared of, and I'll take the Yankees in hitting anyday!

The #3 is not too much of a concern in the division series. With the sporadic days off Lester and Beckett should be able to go 4 of 5 games if needed.

In the ALCS, as it always is, you hope for the best when you have to use the 3rd and 4th guy. I have more faith in Clay and Wake then anyone else on the roster. Given the nature of the playoffs, they will need a win or two from them.

Spin Cycle

Please don't try to change the subject here

The Sawx are the team that will have to fight the entire month just to make the playoffs

No rest for you guys at all

As far as the playoffs.....you have to be in it to win it......whereas the Yanks have all but guaranteed that, the Sawx have work to do

Lets see if you can make it first......I for one think Texas will take the WC

The Sox schedule down the stretch is fairly forgiving. Funny how a Yankee fan started this thread though. They're not worried. :rolleyes:

I am not really worried about this Sox team. Without Manny and Ortiz cranking in the middle of that lineup it seems to be a different team.

Regardless I would still prefer that the Sox don't make up. File it under, just in case. :winking0001:

I am not really worried about this Sox team. Without Manny and Ortiz cranking in the middle of that lineup it seems to be a different team.

Regardless I would still prefer that the Sox don't make up. File it under, just in case. :winking0001:

I have to disagree. I hope the Sox make it, and I hope we play them in the ALCS. Nothing like post season baseball on the edge of you seat. If the Yanks get beat, they get beat. I wanna see some good TV.

Think about it, the best part of playoff baseball is the intro before the game. The flashbacks, history, the drama and all that stuff that hypes you up. And theres none better then Yanks Sox.

I have to disagree. I hope the Sox make it, and I hope we play them in the ALCS. Nothing like post season baseball on the edge of you seat. If the Yanks get beat, they get beat. I wanna see some good TV.

Think about it, the best part of playoff baseball is the intro before the game. The flashbacks, history, the drama and all that stuff that hypes you up. And theres none better then Yanks Sox.

Word, I want to play the sox in the ALCS too!

Not because of the TV value though, I'd rather beat them than anybody else.

If they beat us it would suck, but I can live with it.

It's not like I have not seen things go the other way for most of my life.

Word, I want to play the sox in the ALCS too!

Not because of the TV value though, I'd rather beat them than anybody else.

If they beat us it would suck, but I can live with it.

It's not like I have not seen things go the other way for most of my life.

Exactly.

Rangers get trounced by the Orioles.

Rays give up a grand slam in the 9th and lose to the Tigers.

Sox are winning behind a magnificent Lester, who has notched his 200th (and then some) strikeout this season.

3 games on Rangers, 7 games on the Rays (who if they weren't done before they are now), if the Sox hold on to win.

Obviously they can't

That's what will make this soooooooooo interesting

The Sox need to continue to win at home.

With series against Toronto, Cleveland, Baltimore (x2), Kansas City, the Sox have 16 games against teams with nothing to play for.

If they continue to win at home and break even on the road, the Rangers are going to have a hard time over taking them. The Rays need to be unbeatable in order to take the WC from them.

Comparing schedules...

Texas (12 home, 14 road)

3 @ Cleveland

3 Seattle

3 Oakland

3 LA, California, Anaheim, Orange County

4 @ Oakland

3 Tampa Bay

4 @ LA, California, Anaheim, Orange County

3 @ Seattle

Boston (15 home, 11 road)

1 @ Chicago

2 Baltimore

3 Tampa Bay

3 LA, California, Anaheim, Orange County

3 @ Baltimore

4 @ Kansas City

3 @ New York

3 Toronto

4 Cleveland

Boston will win the wild card by at least 5 games.

The Sox need to continue to win at home.

With series against Toronto, Cleveland, Baltimore (x2), Kansas City, the Sox have 16 games against teams with nothing to play for.

If they continue to win at home and break even on the road, the Rangers are going to have a hard time over taking them. The Rays need to be unbeatable in order to take the WC from them.

I think I can safely say the Rays are out of it. I like our chances with 15 home games vs 11 away.

Archived