Bills trade Lee Evans to Ravens

Morrissey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only rival we have who actually had a worse receiving corps than us and they just got better.

Plax or Mason > Evans

Plax and Mason >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evans

Plax or Mason > Evans

Plax and Mason >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evans

Evans is a guy who I think never quite lived up to expectations.

It'll be good for him to finally get to play with a good team. But I don't think we're gonna see some amazing career resurgence out of this guy.

Evans is a guy who I think never quite lived up to expectations.

It'll be good for him to finally get to play with a good team. But I don't think we're gonna see some amazing career resurgence out of this guy.

Look who's been throwing to him over the years.. a bunch of bums

Look who's been throwing to him over the years.. a bunch of bums

That's nothing but pure excuses. Fitzpatrick had a pretty good season at QB for them last year, and yet Evans had the worst season of his career, while also losing his #1 job and being severely outperformed by a previously completely unknown Steve Johnson, even despite Johnson dropping balls left and right.

Meanwhile, he was getting out-performed by Mason year in and year out even when Mason was getting thrown to by legendary NFL QBs like Billy Volek, Kyler Boller and Anthony Wright.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only rival we have who actually had a worse receiving corps than us and they just got better.

lol don't worry, Flacco doesn't throw to WRs anyway. All he does is throw dumpoffs to Rice all day long. Maybe he will throw to a WR sometimes too, but he never gets past his first read so it makes no difference if they have more than 1 WR. The only thing this move does is ensure that Boldin gets the stats that Mason stole last year.

And if we play them in the playoffs...bwahahaha...Flacco won't even throw to the dumpoffs correctly. Flacco is probably the worst pressure QB I've seen in my life.

And had Mason accepted the Ravens offer they probably don't make this move. So...

Mason >>>>>>>> Evans.

Spin away homer. They offered Mason the vet min for one year. They are giving up something, presumably a 4th and paying Evans who is making a lot more than the vet min. Evans >>>>>>>>> Mason.

I would have given up a 4th for Lee Evans. Especially since its starting to look like the Plaxico signing was a bad idea.

Overreact much?

That's nothing but pure excuses. Fitzpatrick had a pretty good season at QB for them last year, and yet Evans had the worst season of his career, while also losing his #1 job and being severely outperformed by a previously completely unknown Steve Johnson, even despite Johnson dropping balls left and right.

Meanwhile, he was getting out-performed by Mason year in and year out even when Mason was getting thrown to by legendary NFL QBs like Billy Volek, Kyler Boller and Anthony Wright.

Volek and Boller were better than Fitzpatrick. I think Fitzpatrick's scrambling ability is what made him more effective. In any event, I also believe that Evans had his success with Losman who had a fairly big arm for all his faults and Flacco is like a better version. Nice pickup for the Ravens, but it's not exactly instilling fear in my heart.

Volek and Boller were better than Fitzpatrick. I think Fitzpatrick's scrambling ability is what made him more effective. In any event, I also believe that Evans had his success with Losman who had a fairly big arm for all his faults and Flacco is like a better version. Nice pickup for the Ravens, but it's not exactly instilling fear in my heart.

Boller better than Fitzpatrick? You can't possibly be serious. The last time Boller had a positive TD:INT ratio was 2006. That was one of the two times he accomplished that feat in his entire career. Last year Fitzpatrick threw 23 TDs and 3000 yards in 13 games, better numbers than Boller has ever put up in any season in his career. I'm not saying Evans may not improve upon what he did last year, but trying to blame his crappy play the past few years solely on QB play when he was getting significantly outperformed by other WRs on his team is a cop out.

lol don't worry, Flacco doesn't throw to WRs anyway. All he does is throw dumpoffs to Rice all day long.

Flacco is probably the worst pressure QB I've seen in my life.

This. Flacco is scared to throw down field...even with that big arm of his...which is what makes Mason time with him even more impressive.

Volek and Boller were better than Fitzpatrick.

My turd is better than your turd?

Fitz is a very good QB. Dont be surprised if he has a better year than Sanchez............again.

Those of you who say Mason is a better option than Evans I mean cmon really???

At this point Mason is a jag at best.

Stop lying to yourselves.

In his entire career Evans has once had a better season than Mason. Last year Mason outperformed Evans in every single possible statistical category. He might turn it around in Baltimore, I won't dispute that it's possible, but that's certainly no guarantee. The guy has been crap and getting progressively worse for two years now.

There's no way Volek and Boller were better than Fitzpatrick. Boller was a straight up bum, and Volek was only good as a backup. Whenever Volek got extended playing time he was a mess. Fitz, at least, has produced as an outright starter.

Mind you, we're comparing vomit to dung, but still.

And Evans is 30 yrs old and never lived up to hype. Hard to think being on the Ravens will change that. He is what he is.

Archived