What do you want to see from the Jets this week?

Maxman

Sounds like Mangold will play, Moore won't. Greene won't play. So what do you want to see?

For me I want to see Plax...would like to see him play extensively, he needs the reps. Would like to see the Jets also do some blocking for Sanchez and keep him healthy.

Looking forward to seeing McElroy again...the # 2 of the future.

Bilal Powell will get lots of playing time with Greene out and McKnight (concussion) possibly out as well.

The kids on the dline. The new wonder boy at inside linebacker.

Who did I leave out?

I just wanna see an injury free game, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't amped about Plaxico Burress finally taking the field. Same goes for our young talens, we have alot of them too. I'm mostly looking forward to players such as Kerley (I'd like to see more of Kerley coming out of the slot). Jeff Cumberland is another guy who I have high hopes for. If this kid can work out, I'd expect to see the Jets feature both Keller and Cumberland this up coming season, in the same types of ways that NE used Hernandez and Gronk last year. Two pass catching TE's can cause plenty of mismatches for opposing D's. Vladimir Ducasse has to improve. No way around it. He can't lay an egg like last week. He was horrible. The entire D-Line. It'll be fun to watch. I was really impressed with Ellis. Going back and watching game film, Kyle Wilson played outstanding last week. Hopefully we'll see plenty of Wilson this week. I'd also like to see alot more of Lowery at FS. All in all, I can go on and on... We have an excited team, which should always make for an exciting preseason. Plenty of young talent/potential to evaluate.

I want to see the guys that played well play against better competition. Let Cumberland and Powell get some reps against the 1's. Josh Baker, Depalma and Garret MacIntyre too. Obviously I'm interested to see Maybin and Burress. I'm also interested to see how they handle Ducasse and how he bounces back. Will they use him only as a G? I think he'll probably be getting the start again with Moore and Turner out.

No injuries.

I like it when they lose in the preseason... builds up their desire to get that first W when it matters.

Well, I'm not going to root again the Jets to lose during the preseason, but I agree with what you're saying. We lost last week, which is a reality check for any Jet player who feels the playoffs are a guarantee. Also, you learn from mistakes and we made plenty of mistakes on Monday night. Hopefully we'll never allow that boot-leg to the RB to destroy us come regular season.

A wardrobe malfunction with the Flight Crew

Thank you. Finally a response that doesn't say the generic "no injuries". Well no friggin duh. Lets talk about what we DO want. I could list what I don't want until the cows come home.

I'd personally like to see the offensive line play better, and for Sanchez tear it up first half. The line held us back last game, and Sanchez took a beating.

No Injuries and in no particular order:

Improved O line play with the emphasis on the improvement of Vlad

Plax showing his old form

Continued nice play of Cumberland with more twin TE passing plays

Sanchez showing the accuracy

Powell looking like he did last week

Archived