Reggie Bush named Miami starting RB

Jetsfan80

http://nflsoup.com/?p=13383

Reggie Bush Named Dolphins’ Starting Running Back

August 23, 2011

Reggie Bush Named Dolphins’ Starting Running Back

According to the Miami Herald, Reggie Bush has been name the starting running back for the Miami Dolphins.

Rookie running back Daniel Thomas was initially listed as the starter at the beginning of camp, but Bush has impressed Miami’s coaching staff with improved inside running. Bush began the preseason atop the depth chart and totaled 81 yards off of 11 touches in his Dolphins’ debut, ensuring a solid role in the offense.

Fantasy Analysis

Bush hasn’t been durable or consistent at all throughout his career, so it’s hard to imagine that suddenly changing when he gets thrust into a huge role in Miami. With that said, Bush will initially have a great role for fantasy football, and can be drafted as a borderline RB2 in most leagues due to his potential. Even though Bush remains a risky pick, he’s clearly going to ascend our rankings because of this news.

Thomas, on the other hand, clearly didn’t impress Miami coaches, and should have a secondary role. He’ll still be involved enough to warrant a Flex position in most leagues, but he no longer has the solid RB2 value many thought he would prior to the start of preseason.

good move-it looks to me like the running game is becoming less and less important in this era of the game anyway. You need a guy who can block and catch passes out of the BF

Yeah but what an extreme change. They go from having a two headed power running tandem to a guy who at best is the leagues best paid third down back? I guess he has some special teams cred too. but, he is no Brad Smith.

Yeah but what an extreme change. They go from having a two headed power running tandem to a guy who at best is the leagues best paid third down back? I guess he has some special teams cred too. but, he is no Brad Smith.

yea but Crush they aren't even looking to run the ball with ex-Pat Brian Daboll as their OC

Starter by default- no one else to be in there- can he stay healthy enough to play most of the time?

That's exactly how I read it. Not that Bush has impressed, but rather that Thomas has not impressed.

So in other words, put Revis on Marshall and push everyone else up to the line. That should stop em.

Well i'm not saying it's necessarily going ot equate to wins but i think Bush is going to have a big year. I particularly think he's going to be a nightmare for your attacking defense. Your LB's arn't really good covering in space and you guys are very susceptible to screens. I guess we'll see what happens.

That's exactly how I read it. Not that Bush has impressed, but rather that Thomas has not impressed.

Well going by what the staff saw in Bush's only action this preseason he had 8 car for 48 yds. (6 yd avg.) and had 2 rec. for 33 yds. So he had 81 total yds, all pretty much in 1st qtr. I'm not sure how much more impressive he could be for his first start with us. Now i will say watching Reggie that game he was playing like it was his superbowl lol you could see he wanted to impress badly.

Well going by what the staff saw in Bush's only action this preseason he had 8 car for 48 yds. (6 yd avg.) and had 2 rec. for 33 yds. So he had 81 total yds, all pretty much in 1st qtr. I'm not sure how much more impressive he could be for his first start with us. Now i will say watching Reggie that game he was playing like it was his superbowl lol you could see he wanted to impress badly.

I like Bush as a player, but really don't see him as a starter. Or even, really, as a guy who splits the load. He's just not durable, and giving him the nod because he impresses with his inside running sounds more ominous about your rookie than particularly positive for Bush (or for your team). He's not exactly a move the pile kinda back.

Have you watched him? Does he look like a consistent back? Or has he ripped a couple long runs amongst a bunch of short carries?

I like Bush as a player, but really don't see him as a starter. Or even, really, as a guy who splits the load. He's just not durable, and giving him the nod because he impresses with his inside running sounds more ominous about your rookie than particularly positive for Bush (or for your team). He's not exactly a move the pile kinda back.

Have you watched him? Does he look like a consistent back? Or has he ripped a couple long runs amongst a bunch of short carries?

I completley understand what your saying, but Bush's big gains in the last preseason game were right up the gut though. Because of his size though when he gets hit it looks like he gets punished lol. I think he's the starter because it appears Tony Morano is going to let this Daboll guy open it up and let it fly a little bit. So it appears the 2 yards and a cloud of dust is not what were going for.

Well i'm not saying it's necessarily going ot equate to wins but i think Bush is going to have a big year. I particularly think he's going to be a nightmare for your attacking defense. Your LB's arn't really good covering in space and you guys are very susceptible to screens. I guess we'll see what happens.

You're right. We haven't done well against the screen and our LB's are not very good covering the open field. I'm hoping Rex has worked on that.

It still showed in the preseason opener against Houston.

Can't argue that., Swing passes rape our defense.

I completley understand what your saying, but Bush's big gains in the last preseason game were right up the gut though. Because of his size though when he gets hit it looks like he gets punished lol. I think he's the starter because it appears Tony Morano is going to let this Daboll guy open it up and let it fly a little bit. So it appears the 2 yards and a cloud of dust is not what were going for.

It does sound like a whole different philosophy on offense. I'm interested to see how it looks. Henne has a nice YPC, but his single TD against 2 int's so far is pretty glaring.

So in other words, put Revis on Marshall and push everyone else up to the line. That should stop em.

I can't wait to see Beast dominate Revis this year. That is, of course, if they actually line him up on Marshall. They'll probably try to limit the damage like they did last year by lining up Cromartie over there.

It does sound like a whole different philosophy on offense. I'm interested to see how it looks. Henne has a nice YPC, but his single TD against 2 int's so far is pretty glaring.

To be fair, Henne's first INT in the Atlanta game was put right on Anthony Fasano's shoulder which he dropped right into the defender's lap. I ******* hate Anthony Fasano. He has worse dropsies than Randy McMichael did.

So the Dolphins are trying to catch lightning in a bottle again with an underachieving RB from the Saints?

What makes him underachieving? Is it because he was the 2nd overall pick? Okay, doesn't mean he's not a tremendous threat from the backfield that simply changed the way teams defended the Saints. He does a lot for a team, maybe he's not a super-star running back, but most offenses would love to have him.

Can't argue that., Swing passes rape our defense.

True dat.

I can't wait to see Beast dominate Revis this year. That is, of course, if they actually line him up on Marshall. They'll probably try to limit the damage like they did last year by lining up Cromartie over there.

Brandon Marshall is exactly the kind of WR that Revis dominates. The Jets have no concern with him. Even less if Reggie Bush represents your inside running game.

To be fair, Henne's first INT in the Atlanta game was put right on Anthony Fasano's shoulder which he dropped right into the defender's lap. I ******* hate Anthony Fasano. He has worse dropsies than Randy McMichael did.

LOL talk about a guy that loved the first year we had'em and has just gone to comeplete sh*t since. I hate Fasano! And it's hard for me to say that because i'm Italian.

just to play devils advocate this is a player who won the heisman, a BCS championship, and the Super Bowl. and everyone craps on him.

To be clear I don't think he's durable enough to last a season as a #1 back but Reggie Bush is underrated, especially on turf.

What makes him underachieving? Is it because he was the 2nd overall pick? Okay, doesn't mean he's not a tremendous threat from the backfield that simply changed the way teams defended the Saints. He does a lot for a team, maybe he's not a super-star running back, but most offenses would love to have him.

Mmmhmm. Keep telling yourself that.

just to play devils advocate this is a player who won the heisman, a BCS championship, and the Super Bowl. and everyone craps on him.

To be clear I don't think he's durable enough to last a season as a #1 back but Reggie Bush is underrated, especially on turf.

Too bad for him the Dolphins play their home games on grass. :rl:

What makes him underachieving? Is it because he was the 2nd overall pick?

Um... yeah.

Okay, doesn't mean he's not a tremendous threat from the backfield that simply changed the way teams defended the Saints. He does a lot for a team, maybe he's not a super-star running back, but most offenses would love to have him.

All of this may be true, but he's yet to show in a 5 year career being capable of handling the duties of an every down back. I'll concede he definitely brings a positive element to the Phins and can provide them with more options that could improve certain aspects of their passing game, but if they're really counting on him being an every down starter I think they're in big trouble. Look at the team he's coming from, do you really think it's realistic to think that he's going to produce more, or even as much, for the Dolphins as he did for one of the league's most successful offenses over the past 5 years? You can't honestly think the Saints of all teams didn't know how to get the most out of him.

Archived