Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

But that didn't happen obviously and its silly speculating these things. Mason coulda caught the easy TD pass and the rest of the game might have carried out differently. The jets just like to keep their fans on the ddge of their seat till the last second of course.

You mean the one where the very next play was a TD? What difference would that have made?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i mean when Sanchez nearly fumbled the game away it sure looked unstoppable.

In any event, I'm a fan of the no huddle generally.. so it's not that i disagree, just leary of Sanchez.. And I disagree about nobody being open in the non no huddle

Sanchez has a habit of trying too hard. Seems he reads his own press and wants to bring that %age up. Rather than tuck it he should have said **** it toss it away and try next down. Hopefully someone will talk to him about it.

Was he in that rhythm when he did his part to inexcusably throw the game away at the end? God bless the dropped interception, bff of the Sanchize.

Huh? So now a DB has the ball ricochet off his hands and its a "dropped INT?" If that's the case, Cam Newton had about 12 dropped INTs yesterday.

You gotta bring more than that Spermy.

Lol... and the fumble...

We won that game cause Revis locked down Bryant...

That move from Cro to Revis on Bryant saved us from getting blown out.

But Leonhard hustling to not let Witen score combined with McKnights punt block are the reason why the Jets are victorious today. That and Romo is a choke artist.

Mason can absolutely not fall down on that play. It was uncontested and was STILL a difficult catch.

It was awful and the pick would have been on Sanchez not Mason (lousy game that Mason had in his own right). I have to see it again but didn't it go through his hands and bounce off his facemask or something like that?

He still stares his man down too much. That does two things bad. One, the more obvious, is that DBs jump the route like on this play. The other side effect is he doesn't see other receivers who might actually be more open. That happened a lot last night just watching on TV.

The offense only scored 17 points really, if that much (maybe I forgot some other defensive score or position). That isn't a "good" performance unless you are Hermy.

We need to use hurry up right from the get go. All the top QBs have used it a lot at least at some point in their careers. It annoys me that Jets fans don't want it, and point to the NE debacle last year when they tried it.

Why is it our OC will give up on the no huddle when it fails one time (and works most of the rest of the time better than his usual) but he will also stop using something that DOES work even when it doesn't fail, instead of doing it over and over again.

I don't even know anymore, it's just so stupid with this offense. With the talent on this team there is no excuse for their usual sh*tty performances.

It was awful and the pick would have been on Sanchez not Mason (lousy game that Mason had in his own right). I have to see it again but didn't it go through his hands and bounce off his facemask or something like that?

He still stares his man down too much. That does two things bad. One, the more obvious, is that DBs jump the route like on this play. The other side effect is he doesn't see other receivers who might actually be more open. That happened a lot last night just watching on TV.

He's not very good when he has to go through his progressions. He's a 1st or 2nd option QB, 3 steps, and let it go...thats what he's good at. After that, he's just a huge risk.

He missed Holmes wide open numerous times.

Huh? So now a DB has the ball ricochet off his hands and its a "dropped INT?" If that's the case, Cam Newton had about 12 dropped INTs yesterday.

You gotta bring more than that Spermy.

Sanchez plays for the Jets, not Cam Newton (who was in his first game anyway).

If Sanchez looks off one guy or another maybe the route isn't jumped in the first place. You have an excuse to absolve Sanchez of all wrongdoing for everything the kid does.

He was money in the playoffs - twice - and that's where I prefer him stepping up. But overall right now he's still a very mediocre-at-best QB who is making rookie mistakes and not seeing the whole field in his 3rd season.

I'd like to be able to compare him favorably to top QB's, not rookies in their first NFL games (after an extended offseason lockout no less) or career choke-artists like Romo.

I like Sanchez, but IMO your QB standards are pretty low.

He's not very good when he has to go through his progressions. He's a 1st or 2nd option QB, 3 steps, and let it go...thats what he's good at. After that, he's just a huge risk.

He missed Holmes wide open numerous times.

Yeah. Hopefully that's still something he can learn with more experience, but as of right now you are right. He's like a horse with blinders on far too often and is only aware of what he's staring at for at least 2 seconds.

If Sanchez looks off one guy or another maybe the route isn't jumped in the first place. You have an excuse to absolve Sanchez of all wrongdoing for everything the kid does.

He was money in the playoffs - twice - and that's where I prefer him stepping up. But overall right now he's still a very mediocre-at-best QB who is making rookie mistakes and not seeing the whole field in his 3rd season.

I'd like to be able to compare him favorably to top QB's, not rookies in their first NFL games (after an extended offseason lockout no less) or career choke-artists like Romo.

You really didn't see any improvement last night Sperm? He completed 60% of his passes. His accuracy was much better than at any point in the regular season last year. He made some outstanding throws and some pretty solid reads that he used to misread and made the right throw.

Of course he wasn't perfect. But to say he showed little to no improvement is just as ridiculous calling him elite. Sometimes I think some here are overly critical because they either want Sanchez to be perfect already or want their initially inaccurate assessment of his potential to be right.

How about we have a pretty solid young QB who has demonstrated a penchant to be a clutch performer and is steadily improving but still needs to be more consistent and cut down on mistakes?

So you're allowed to hate on every offseason move the Jets made based on pure speculation and you're allowed to whine over and over again about our WRs and how they will not work in this offense, but I'm not allowed to hate the one thing we know sucks?

:confused0085:

There you go yet again putting words in my mouth. I NEVER SAID THESE WR WOULD NOT WORK IN OUR OFFENSE. My concern was and ALWAYS has been weather or not the older WR's could make it through the full season. Get a grip man and stop making up sh*t to support your arguements that doesn not exist. Also keep in mind Sanchez is not a one year aquisition he is the QB of this franchise and will be for years to come. Its obvious to alot of people that the Kid excells in the no huddle and I think that could be what pushes this offense forward.

Rookie Mistakes ??? So I guess every freakin game he needs to be flawless to impress you ? he was under serious pressure all night last night he fumbled from a blind side hit when trying to escape the rush from 2 areas on the O-Line he never saw the guy but somehow thats a rookie mistake ? The INT it seems he never saw the guy . other than 2 plays he played very well and faired much better than most QB's would have under as much pressure the cowboys were producing.

There you go yet again putting words in my mouth. I NEVER SAID THESE WR WOULD NOT WORK IN OUR OFFENSE. My concern was and ALWAYS has been weather or not the older WR's could make it through the full season. Get a grip man and stop making up sh*t to support your arguements that doesn not exist. Also keep in mind Sanchez is not a one year aquisition he is the QB of this franchise and will be for years to come. Its obvious to alot of people that the Kid excells in the no huddle and I think that could be what pushes this offense forward.

Your incessant whining about everything related to our WRs is well documented. I dont have to put any words in your mouth. You've questioned both their ability to perform (Plax being out, Mason being old, and not having the ever so important continuity w/ their QB) and you've bitched about them making it through the season an into the playoffs. Its well documented for the board to see...to start denying that you've never made such claims only makes you look silly. So stop back tracking. Its all on this board for the everyone to see.

And your no huddle opinion stinks. He's got the same problems running the offense that way as he does when he's in the huddle.

You really didn't see any improvement last night Sperm? He completed 60% of his passes. His accuracy was much better than at any point in the regular season last year. He made some outstanding throws and some pretty solid reads that he used to misread and made the right throw.

Of course he wasn't perfect. But to say he showed little to no improvement is just as ridiculous calling him elite. Sometimes I think some here are overly critical because they either want Sanchez to be perfect already or want their initially inaccurate assessment of his potential to be right.

How about we have a pretty solid young QB who has demonstrated a penchant to be a clutch performer and is steadily improving but still needs to be more consistent and cut down on mistakes?

Actually no. His completions generally came when his primary target was wide open. 80 of his passing yards came from his backs. He fumbled twice. He threw a horrible pick to a nobody LB who easily read his eyes and escaped a second one that was dropped. Dallas's secondary was totally depleted. He missed Plaxico by about 4 yards on 2-yard pass as the game was closing. A lot of quick drops and quick dumpoffs were on the menu with the shoddy OL play so I would expect his completion percentage to be up there. He missed 4-5 wide, wide open receivers because he typically only looks at his primary and no one else. On the sack-fumble no one was within 10 yards of Keller but Sanchez would never know it because he has his back to half the field and never looks to the other half unless the OL gives him 6 seconds to do something.

He has not improved at all, now that you bring it up. Clearly he made some good throws, but that is to be expected when he attempts almost 40-50 passes. 60% is pathetic against a secondary like Dallas fielded, with the receiving weapons Sanchez has at his disposal.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to an extent, due to the shortened off-season, but the off-season was shortened for everyone not just the Jets. Hopefully things get better for our QB.

Well yeah, that was part of the equation though. The amount of people who stepped up to secure the win. Because the reality is, you cant find anything that we did really well that this team should be proud of from last night.

How about BIG PLAYS on both Defense and Special teams and being very effiecient in the No Huddle as usual ? There I just found 2 things for ya.

How about BIG PLAYS on both Defense and Special teams and being very effiecient in the No Huddle as usual ? There I just found 2 things for ya.

No huddle sucked along with the offense.

The defense didnt make big plays, Romo made them for them.

The only positive take away was the amount of people who stepped up to secure the win.

Archived