Mark Sanchez Is What He Is, (and that's all that he is)

T0mShane

Take that up with pro football refernce. I personally only count W's and L's but this site is pretty much as thorough as it gets. Here's the link. I'm sure they have a complaint department.

** for the record, this and espn is where i check all of my stats, unlike some, I dont have all of the info in my head.

Interesting...dont see how he led the game winning drive. I guess he the offense did have the ball to win the game there at the end...but it wasnt like they did anything. Revis got them into position for the FG and the offense failed to get it any closer for Folk.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting...dont see how he led the game winning drive. I guess he the offense did have the ball to win the game there at the end...but it wasnt like they did anything. Revis got them into position for the FG and the offense failed to get it any closer for Folk.

STATS DON'T LIE.

Some of you guys are doing a fantastic job at proving you don't take any joy out of being right at expense of the Jets. Of course, it was just coincidence you had to go and run to bump a thread that had gotten buried over the course of the past day the moment Sanchez ****ed up, right? Pathetic.

I'm bumping it again because he threw a TD. That makes the topic of just how good Sanchez is relevant again, right?

As a TD is dropped that was placed in his chest, thanks to Sanchez buying time a la matador, we have just settles for 3. That's 17 offensive TD's 1 thrown, one ran by sanchez. They just flashed a stat saying he has completed six passes to 8 different receivers, so there goes the "locking on receivers" theory.

The guy is a winner. Way to come right back firing away after the pick. Ice cold veins.

Nice half for shonn, better at least. Nice blocks by Hunter. 17 points with 5 mins left in the first half.......

Is any of this good?

Of course, I care about one thing ----- 3-0.

BTW Brady had 4 picks in ONE GAME today. Bench him?

Is he elite?

Sanchez is terrible. He had over 300 yards, but only like 4 passes caught by WR's. Fact is, the majority of his yards were check downs and RB flat plays. How many quick passes is Sanchez going to throw? Once our team is forced to pass, we suck. It's that simple. Sanchez looks like a nervous rookie out there and he's in his THIRD season.....no more excuses.

Sanchez is terrible. He had over 300 yards, but only like 4 passes caught by WR's. Fact is, the majority of his yards were check downs and RB flat plays. How many quick passes is Sanchez going to throw? Once our team is forced to pass, we suck. It's that simple. Sanchez looks like a nervous rookie out there and he's in his THIRD season.....no more excuses.

Really? Lets see you stand behind that line and not be nervous. Honestly I am not a huge Sanchez fan but this game he did what he could. i thought he actually played well.

DEATH TO SANCHEZ!!!

sanchez ia a tough SOB who plays his best in the clutch.

That I agree with. Win or loose he tries his a$$ off, but just can't see the whole field.....gets all jittery and makes rookie decisions still in his 3rd year. I WANT him to do good and he has alot to offer the Jets.....just needs to take his time. Maybe it's Schott, who knows? I do notice that when Sanchez is in hurry up and calling his own plays he does so much better so......you never know.

• 3 months later...

Right, more ways to win in this league than having the elite QB. The Jets model can work too.

I was actually saying the antiquated notion of defense wins championships would erroneously gain support if that were to happen..

No matter, I highly doubt it comes down to that. I guess Baltimore could do it, in a 1 game type situation, but I'd still imagine GB/NO beats them 8 times out of 10..

I was actually saying the antiquated notion of defense wins championships would erroneously gain support if that were to happen..

No matter, I highly doubt it comes down to that. I guess Baltimore could do it, in a 1 game type situation, but I'd still imagine GB/NO beats them 8 times out of 10..

Erroneously gain support because it doesnt fit your criteria of how to win in the league. Unless you have Brees, Brady, Eli, Rodgers or Ben....there's really nothing else you can do other than put a play making defense together.

Erroneously gain support because it doesnt fit your criteria of how to win in the league. Unless you have Brees, Brady, Eli, Rodgers or Ben....there's really nothing else you can do other than put a play making defense together.

Right. Teams gravitate (and fickle fans too) toward what has been the most resent success. It is a pendulum that swings back and forth, based on what has been the most recent success.

Just because the most recent model of success is not the defensive one, does not mean it can't.

it's not my criteria, it's what happens on the field..

When's the last time a team that wasn't either QB driven or heavily invested in a QB won the SB?

Brad Johnson in 2002? And that guy had a season in 2002 that Sanchez has given anyone 0 reason to think he could replicate..

Outside of a brief period in the 80's, it's been all about the QB

(current and future HOF'ers in red) (and I left Eli off but that is questionable)

Super Bowl I - Bart Starr

Super Bowl II - Bart Starr

Super Bowl III - Joe Namath

Super Bowl IV - Len Dawson

Super Bowl V - Johnny Unitas

Super Bowl VI - Roger Staubach

Super Bowl VII - Bob Griese

Super Bowl VIII - Bob Griese

Super Bowl IX - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl X - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl XI - Ken Stabler

Super Bowl XII - Roger Staubach

Super Bowl XIII - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl XIV - Terry Bradshaw

Super Bowl XV - Jim Plunkett

Super Bowl XVI - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XVII - Joe Theismann

Super Bowl XVIII - Jim Plunkett

Super Bowl XIX - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XX - Jim McMahon

Super Bowl XXI - Phil Simms

Super Bowl XXII - Doug Williams

Super Bowl XXIII - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XXIV - Joe Montana

Super Bowl XXV - Jeff Hostetler

Super Bowl XXVI - Mark Rypien

Super Bowl XXVII - Troy Aikman

Super Bowl XXVIII - Troy Aikman

Super Bowl XXIX - Steve Young

Super Bowl XXX - Troy Aikman

Super Bowl XXXI - Brett Favre

Super Bowl XXXII - John Elway

Super Bowl XXXIII - John Elway

Super Bowl XXXIV - Kurt Warner

Super Bowl XXXV - Trent Dilfer

Super Bowl XXXVI - Tom Brady

Super Bowl XXXVII - Brad Johnson

Super Bowl XXXVIII - Tom Brady

Super Bowl XXXIX - Tom Brady

Super Bowl XL - Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl XLI - Peyton Manning

Super Bowl XLII - Eli Manning

Super Bowl XLIII - Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl XLIV - Drew Brees

Super Bowl XLV - Aaron Rodgers

Right. Teams gravitate (and fickle fans too) toward what has been the most resent success. It is a pendulum that swings back and forth, based on what has been the most recent success.

Just because the most recent model of success is not the defensive one, does not mean it can't.

It can't as long the nfl keeps moving the league in the direction of offense.. sure you may get a team to sneak in and grab one, like we could've in 2009 with competant QB play, but normally the better QB will win

Archived