Jason Taylor can kiss my....

Lego My Lageman

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7026405/new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-not-talented-miami-dolphins-chad-henne-jason-taylor-says

It has been a tough week for Mark Sanchez. He was hit in the nose by Oakland Raiders linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, and he took one on the chin from former teammate Jason Taylor.

Taylor, who rejoined the Miami Dolphins after playing last season with the New York Jets, told a Miami TV station that teammate Chad Henne is a more talented quarterback than Sanchez.

The Jets, who started 2-0, were brought back to earth. Jets Center » Blog »

"We need to grow and we need to continue to change, and I think Chad has grown immensely since I left here a year ago," Taylor said in an interview with the local NBC affiliate. "I saw a kid in New York, Mark Sanchez, that is young, I don't think he's as talented as Chad Henne."

The comment is sure to spark a controversy and will add to the electricity when the two AFC East rivals meet for the first time this season, Oct. 17 -- a Monday night game at MetLife Stadium.

That Taylor took a shot at the Jets is no surprise. He made a career of it during his first and second stints with the Dolphins, occasionally insulting the Jets' fan base. The fans reluctantly embraced him last season, but they'll probably go back to booing him Oct. 17. The Jets cut Taylor after the season.

It may surprise some, but Sanchez and Henne have fairly similar career passing numbers. Henne's passer rating is 76.0, Sanchez's 72.5.

Clearly, Sanchez has outplayed Henne this season, leading the Jets to a 2-1 start, with a 90.0 rating. Henne, nearly replaced before the season, has been mediocre (82.4) in the Dolphins' 0-3 start.

In terms of winning, there's no comparison. Sanchez is 25-15 as a starter, plus four playoff victories -- all on the road. Henne is 13-17 with no playoff appearances.

LOL. The dolphins are 0-3. You have no right to make any comments whatsoever about the skills of our QB. How many playoff games has Henne won? How many crazy 4th quarter comebacks?

Durrr, let's see here:

Chad Henne:

Qb rating: 82 (20th overall), comp% 56, TDs 4, INTS 3

Mark Sanchez

Qb rating: 91 (14th overall), comp% 64, TDs 6, INTS 4

Besides the one extra pick, Sanchez is having a much better season than him. Henne's stats are just as bad as last year, while Sanchez has significantly improved. Looks like Henne hit his ceiling already.

Shut up, Taylor.

Taylor was asked to compare the two QB's last year...

“I know who I’m going to pick, and it’s my quarterback here,” Taylor said. “I’ve always been one of those guys that rides or dies with his quarterback. Sanchez is my guy, and I better not hear anybody say anything bad about him.”

This^^

C'mon...there's a ****storm brewing in miami right now surrounding Henne and that fistpumping windbag Sparano. Taylor is backing his guy up. If stuff is bad now...imagine if he had said: "No, the JETS quarterback is better than ours."

There would be riots.

This^^

C'mon...there's a ****storm brewing in miami right now surrounding Henne and that fistpumping windbag Sparano. Taylor is backing his guy up. If stuff is bad now...imagine if he had said: "No, the JETS quarterback is better than ours."

There would be riots.

You think so? I seriouly doubt a fan base that doesn't care enough to even come out to watch their team play, would care if one of their players said something about the QB. Most of them would have to care enough to watch the news or read the papers to even hear about it and I just don't see that happening.

Archived