Fireman Ed a Dolphins fan? Say it ain't so.

jwmann2

Came across a thread on a Dolphins board last Monday night. Was the beloved Fireman Ed Anzalone once a Dolphins/Marino fan?

I find this hard to believe since he is from College Point, Queens. May have just been a Dolphins trying to take away some of his credibility on the night of the game. The post also insisted that he doesn't pay for his tickets anymore and that the Jets pick up the bill.

I hear the guy is a real A-Hole. I love my team with all I've got and no way I could ever turn my back on them and root for their rival.

Came across a thread on a Dolphins board last Monday night. Was the beloved Fireman Ed Anzalone once a Dolphins/Marino fan?

I find this hard to believe since he is from College Point, Queens. May have just been a Dolphins trying to take away some of his credibility on the night of the game. The post also insisted that he doesn't pay for his tickets anymore and that the Jets pick up the bill.

I hear the guy is a real A-Hole. I love my team with all I've got and no way I could ever turn my back on them and root for their rival.

We better find a new mascot.

Who here is a season ticket holder, seats close to the field, and wears identifiable clothing or headgear?

Hopefully our next mascot will be a woman or minority since Im sick of white boys being the center of attention.

Who here is a season ticket holder, seats close to the field, and wears identifiable clothing or headgear?

Hopefully our next mascot will be a woman or minority since Im sick of white boys being the center of attention.

How about a fat dude in a Panda Suit wearing assless chaps?

Meh... I went throug a Redsskins phase for about 2 years when I was young and found out my uncle, who was like my older brother, was a junkie degenerate piece of sh*t. I was young. He literally stole my birthday money when i turned like 10 or 11. My poor mother had to explain this sh*t to me about her kid brother, i felt bad for her most making excuses for why i should forgive him. **** him.I did everything I could to not be like him... Including not rooting for the Jets anymore. After a couple years of cheering on the skins with my cousins I realized I couldn't let my uncle take my team from me, so I came back to the Jets.... because **** my uncle.

Meh... I went throug a Redsskins phase for about 2 years when I was young and found out my uncle, who was like my older brother, was a junkie degenerate piece of sh*t. I was young. He literally stole my birthday money when i turned like 10 or 11. My poor mother had to explain this sh*t to me about her kid brother, i felt bad for her most making excuses for why i should forgive him. **** him.I did everything I could to not be like him... Including not rooting for the Jets anymore. After a couple years of cheering on the skins with my cousins I realized I couldn't let my uncle take my team from me, so I came back to the Jets.... because **** my uncle.

When I was a kid I LOVED the Browns during the whole Dawg Pound era. I had a poster of Frank Minnifield and Hanford Dixon above my bed. Pop Warner football I was the only kid who wore a towel down to his knees and even wore #29 one year. With that said I grew up with my dad being a "NY" fan so I also rooted for the Giants and Jets. Had LT, Joe Morris on my wall too, along with my Freeman McNeil, Walker and Mickey Shuler. When I was about 15 I decided I needed to just pick one team to be "my team" and I choose the Jets....wah wah waaaaah.

I think everyone goes through phases as kids with different teams. I was a Raider fan in the 70's,Raider pajamas& all. I wore #41 in HS cause I loved Phil Vilipiano. But I was a huge Jet fan, so was my father. We used to go to alot of games at Shea, the Richard Todd era. 35 years of torture with this team, dont remember the only Super Bowl win,only 5 at the time. As for Fireman Ed, dont know him, I find the Flight Girls a hell of alot better to look at then that gavone.

I think everyone goes through phases as kids with different teams. I was a Raider fan in the 70's,Raider pajamas& all. I wore #41 in HS cause I loved Phil Vilipiano. But I was a huge Jet fan, so was my father. We used to go to alot of games at Shea, the Richard Todd era. 35 years of torture with this team, dont remember the only Super Bowl win,only 5 at the time. As for Fireman Ed, dont know him, I find the Flight Girls a hell of alot better to look at then that gavone.

I was the youngest in a strict Yankees/Jets/Knicks/Rangers household growing up in the Bronx in the 70s and 80s. I have never deviated from these four teams through my entire life. Even when as a 10 year old Trottier and Bossy were knocking my Rangers out of the playoffs, or as a Freshman in High School when the Mets won a World Series and the Giants were an elite football team. So, not everyone. I would bet it is probably not even a majority. ;)

This guy is looking for a team and I think hed be a good one for the Jets. Yes, hes white, but he does possess almost all the other qualities that you were looking for in a new mascot. You must admit that George would look awfully good in a # 6 authentic.

boy-george-performs-in-dublin-ireland-1024x682.jpg

Archived