Which QB has regressed most?

stoicsentry

CBS pre-game show just had a text poll, asking this question: which of the following QB's have regressed the most this year?

1. Ryan

2. Flacco

3. Sanchez

4. Rivers

I wouldn't make much out of it, just being a text poll and all.. but somehow Mark Sanchez got 17% of the votes. Seriously.

He shouldn't have gotten more than 1%, at most. Every single candidate here has regressed more than Sanchez, and it's not even close.

Ryan: 9 picks last year, 8 already this year. He's on pace to DOUBLE his INT total. Or, let's look at his touchdowns: 28 last year, 9 so far this year... on pace to get about 75% as many touchdowns. Enough said.

Flacco: ~62% completion last year, ~52% this year. That's a tremendous drop off. Probably enough in and of itself. As to his INT totals, he's roughly on pace to where he was last year. BUT, like Ryan, he's also going to have significantly fewer touchdowns this year.

Rivers: the clear winner (or loser) here. Significant drop off in touchdowns and huge increase in interceptions.

Sanchez: +9 QB rating, on pace for +9 TDs or so, even on INTs, really the only stat that kills him a bit are the fumbles from the Baltimore game in which the line didn't protect. He hasn't regressed, he's getting better - it's the rest of the pack that has regressed.

I don't put much credance in this type of pole. First off, the Jets have been on more TV sets than any of the other teams by far. I don't live in the NY area, and don't get the NY networks on my cable system, yet every Jets game has been on TV in my area this year. Second, because of the high profile this team has with their coach and players speaking their mind, there are alot of haters out there. I find it kind of refreshing when I hear fans of the Cowboys, Eagles and Stealers say: "I Hate the Jets." In the past most people who weren't Dolphins, Patriot or Bills fans didn't even have an opinion on the Jets. When fans of teams that aren't even rivals are hatin' on the Jets, well, they must be doing something right. Let the haters hate, it'll make winning that much more satisfying.

1. Welcome to Jetnation.

2. What type of pole do you like?

Thank you. I'm happy to be a member of Jetnation, and look forward to enjoying the forums and all things Jets.

I didn't say I don't like this type of pole. They're alot of fun to participate in, as well as comment on. I just don't put much credence in them because they are substantially flawed.

Thank you. I'm happy to be a member of Jetnation, and look forward to enjoying the forums and all things Jets.

I didn't say I don't like this type of pole. They're alot of fun to participate in, as well as comment on. I just don't put much credence in them because they are substantially flawed.

Boo! Wrong answer.

The correct answer is "Same as you. The kind you smoke."

I don't put much credance in this type of pole. First off, the Jets have been on more TV sets than any of the other teams by far. I don't live in the NY area, and don't get the NY networks on my cable system, yet every Jets game has been on TV in my area this year. Second, because of the high profile this team has with their coach and players speaking their mind, there are alot of haters out there. I find it kind of refreshing when I hear fans of the Cowboys, Eagles and Stealers say: "I Hate the Jets." In the past most people who weren't Dolphins, Patriot or Bills fans didn't even have an opinion on the Jets. When fans of teams that aren't even rivals are hatin' on the Jets, well, they must be doing something right. Let the haters hate, it'll make winning that much more satisfying.

Perfectly said IMO. Let them hate. It's funny to see how much everyone hates the Jets right now. They WISH they had a coach like Rex Ryan. Sure he talks, but he is an Elite defensive mind in this sport and everyone knows that. He backs up his talk with walk. Sanchez is our weak link little brother so they pick on him when they really want to pick on Rex. Funny thing is, for all of his limitations, Sanchez looks like he can take it. he has proven his toughness on the field and playing in NY with the constant ridicule he is proving he has a strong psyche as well. Now about the first three quarters lol

Archived