2nd Round Disaster

The Gun Of Bavaria

You really jump the gun when you complain, GOB.

Nugent was great tonight. Asking the guy to kick a 53 yarder in the meadowlands isnt an easy task.

It was short by about a foot. Nugent has plenty of leg, dont you worry.

The game should not have come down to Nugent. Once again, the center/qb exchange kills this team.

REG-GIE!

The kid has a great night, misses a 52 or 53 yd kick by about a foot, and you're ready to hang him? Jesus.

There's a list of people to hang that last series on, and Nugent ain't one of 'em.

You know what there's plenty of blame to go around. But after hearing post upon post upon post upon post about how great Nugent is, how strong his leg is, how great of a kicker is, blah blah blah from all the people around here who get one college player in their heads and act like he's the ******* second coming of Jesus Christ (See Reggie Bush) I'm sayin it. When you're drafted as a kicker in the 2nd ******* round you better make that ****in kick. Mr. strongest leg in America was short, just like his kickoffs have been all year. late round pick or UDFA, well that's the breaks. A god damned 2nd round draft pick? Better make it.

The kid has a great night, misses a 52 or 53 yd kick by about a foot, and you're ready to hang him? Jesus.

There's a list of people to hang that last series on, and Nugent ain't one of 'em.

THANK YOU!

Nuge was great tonight, and like usual GOB puts his asshat on backwards and blames the guy who missed a 53 yarder!

And Vinatieri is hardly automatic from 50+

Nugent was great tonight. Asking the guy to kick a 53 yarder in the meadowlands isnt an easy task.

Are you friggn' kidding me? He lost the game for the Jets.

The Jets wasted a 2nd round pick on a guy that dosen't have the leg to kick a 52-yard game winning FG?

BTW, how many touchbacks did Nugent have tonite????

give the kid a break if we dont FOCK up the first 2 plays with a draw play and a botched snap he makes that field goal easy. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations but I think he's been improving and getting used to the pressure of the nfl.

Bollinger is eating up the Saints DBs up and down the field,there asn't much of a pass rush, they were scared and making mistakes late in the game, and Hermie runs that sissy draw play like he's running up the white flag to set up the lucky kick. Nugent wasn't great, but as in the Pitt game, the mistake was made before that. You don't go trusting any game to a kicker when you can score a TD. The whole keep it close and hope for a lucky kick mindset is simply bad cocahing. A big freaking tease-NO BALLS.

Bad call by the Ref's and where was Abraham tonight? One TK, at about 6M a season, at that rate, that about $400,000 per TK. Nice game.

The Jets wasted a 2nd round pick on a guy that dosen't have the leg to kick a 52-yard game winning FG?

If you're being serious with this, saying Nugent cost us the game, then you're an IDIOT.

You know what there's plenty of blame to go around. But after hearing post upon post upon post upon post about how great Nugent is, how strong his leg is, how great of a kicker is, blah blah blah from all the people around here who get one college player in their heads and act like he's the farging second coming of Jesus Christ (See Reggie Bush) I'm sayin it. When you're drafted as a kicker in the 2nd farging round you better make that ****!n kick. Mr. strongest leg in America was short, just like his kickoffs have been all year. late round pick or UDFA, well that's the breaks. A god damned 2nd round draft pick? Better make it.

No kicker, no matter where they're drafted, is automatic over 50 yards in the Meadowlands in the wind in a night game in late November with the game on the line. Thats a tough ******* kick to make.

Not Vinateri, not Janikowski the first rounder, not the kid from Colorado that is supposed to be the best thing to ever come out of college, not anyone "better make that kick"

To think otherwise is foolish. And as lame as people are for overhyping players, coming here and crucifying them for not being perfect is just as lame.

This loss is a direct result of all those concerts he goes to. Aerosmith, Dave Matthews (twice!) etc. Nugent needs to stop having fun and start thinking about nothing but kicking 24/7.

The truth of the matter is now that the crappy saints are out of the way, we can "run the table" and get a top 3 pick. Nugent was clutch, just ask GJ&H.

This loss is a direct result of all those concerts he goes to. Aerosmith, Dave Matthews (twice!) etc. Nugent needs to stop having fun and start thinking about nothing but kicking 24/7.

The truth of the matter is now that the crappy saints are out of the way, we can "run the table" and get a top 3 pick.

Nugent was clutch, just ask GJ&H.

:lol:

=D>=D>=D>

Yeah Pats fans have anything to talk about today after that performance... How about all the Pats fans praising all the genious offseason moves they made like Duane Stark and figuring they didn't need to replace players on the o-line

I honestly cannot wait till the next time Nugent lines up for a 40+ yard field goal, so I can see him knock it through the uprights.

I hate this, having the game to come down to a 53 yard field goal for a 2-8 team. Completely unfair to Nugent.

I wish Jolley let McKenzie intecept that pass or knock it down for no completion, then the game would not have come down to a 53 yarder for Nugent. :x

Archived