10 days.

Integrity28

The Broncos pulled Kyle Orton and made Tim Tebow their starting QB over their bye week. After a game or two, they realized they needed to install a totally different offense, so in between regular game weeks - they did just that.

We just lost to a green QB, who can't throw, and who plays on a team that had its offense installed 2-3 weeks ago.

Now here we sit with our 3rd year blue-chip QB, struggling in the same offense that Pennington and Favre struggled in. With fans telling me for the past 5 years that "we can't fire an offensive coodinator mid-season, because it takes too long to install an new offense". Really?

We just lost to a team that did just that. They installed a completely new offense mid-season.

We have no option but to roll with Sanchez... however, I'm tired of watching this coaching staff do nothing to help him improved. I could understand it if he wasn't committed, but the kid is a student of the game. We know that. He isn't being groomed at all. He makes mistakes, he is told "make less mistakes" but it appears he still doesn't have someone explaining to him the sequence leading up to these mistakes, and I say this because he keeps making the same mistakes. Over, and over, and over.

So, what I'd like to see happen is we relieve Schottenheimer of his role with this team. We promote an OC from within, and let that person use the next 10 days to install a new offense. 10 days. It should be MORE than enough time to have our offense in position to do at least more than what Schotty has gotten out of them this season.

10 days.

If you can't fix it, you have to replace it.

We have no option but to roll with Sanchez... however, I'm tired of watching this coaching staff do nothing to help him improved. I could understand it if he wasn't committed, but the kid is a student of the game. We know that. He isn't being groomed at all. He makes mistakes, he is told "make less mistakes" but it appears he still doesn't have someone explaining to him the sequence leading up to these mistakes, and I say this because he keeps making the same mistakes. Over, and over, and over.

So he's a student of the game, but the mistakes aren't his fault because no one's sufficiently explaining them to him? Enough.

So he's a student of the game, but the mistakes aren't his fault because no one's sufficiently explaining them to him? Enough.

You can be the most diligent and studious kid in the world, but if you don't have a proper mentor to guide your studies, you aren't going to effectively "learn" anything that can be applied to the task at hand.

You can be the most diligent and studious kid in the world, but if you don't have a proper mentor to guide your studies, you aren't going to effectively "learn" anything that can be applied to the task at hand.

He needs a mentor? Give me a ******* break. In addition to Schottenheimer, he has Brunell hand picked to be his mentor and Cavanaugh who Rex brought in as QB coach. I'm sure nobody is keeping Callahan from "mentoring" him either. If anything he needs less mentors.

What a complete crock of sh*t.

You sound like one of the morons at work who want to be spoonfed every last bit of information, when the reality is that they're just not any good at their job.

He needs a mentor? Give me a ******* break. In addition to Schottenheimer, he has Brunell hand picked to be his mentor and Cavanaugh who Rex brought in as QB coach. I'm sure nobody is keeping Callahan from "mentoring" him either. If anything he needs less mentors.

You can only learn so much from people. I'm sure there are coaches out there who can teach him different things that these guys haven't or can't. He's obviously learned as much as he can from the people coaching him now. If we're sticking with him, it's time to bring in some new perspectives.

Makes sense. But it is not happening.

I get a feeling Rex is playing the Herm game. Fire the co-ordinator at the end of the season and get a fee pass for failure and get to coach another season!

Rex realizes he does not have enough talent on the receiving corps and his top 2 runningbacks are banged up. So making a chnage now does not have a huge probability of success. So he will go with Schotty and fire him at the end of the season. Upgrade this offense during the off season and then come out looking like a genius.

You might be right.

What a complete crock of sh*t.

You sound like one of the morons at work who want to be spoonfed every last bit of information, when the reality is that they're just not any good at their job.

Well, that's hardly the case.

I'm probably just making excuses because I know that if Sanchez doesn't matriculate into a good NFL QB, this franchise is doing take anothe 12-15 years to find another window where they "might" be considered a contender.

You can only learn so much from people. I'm sure there are coaches out there who can teach him different things that these guys haven't or can't. He's obviously learned as much as he can from the people coaching him now. If we're sticking with him, it's time to bring in some new perspectives.

This.

All I'm thinking is that Sanchez needs someone who can get through to him. This group of coaches can't. It's not as through Sanchez has no talent and no willingness to improve.

Obviously, I didn't mean you, because how the hell would I know if you're any good at your job... I meant the excuses you were making on Sanchez's behalf.

Well you did say "you sound like one of the morons at work..." So, I took it as such.

Either way, not important.

There's a point in everyone's life/career when you have to do things for yourself, take matters into your own hands, and hold yourself accountable for your actions. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college...I never had a mentor. I took it upon myself to figure it out and make it happen while working 40/hrs a week to pay my way through school because my parents were broke.

This worthless pos has had mentors since he was Qb in Pop Warner. In college he had what...Carroll, Chow and Sarkisian all on the same team?

Please, he's a mental midget and he is absolutely horrible at Qb'ing.

An NFL offense is not like Madden, where you pick a play that all WR's are predicated on running one route based off the playcall. The playcall entails the formation, blocking assignment,. whether it's a pass or run, and each individual route run by the receivers. We don't need revamp the language of the offense, we just need a new playcaller that can send these WR's out on more sensible and diverse routes. On the pick 6, if you noticed there was a replay where you could see every other receiver, and they all ran the same exact route. None of these routes are designed off each other to get a man open or 1 on 1, they're all just individuals on the field running routes to specific spots on the field, sometimes in instances where two receivers end up in pretty much the same spot. You never see these guys running routes in conjunction with each other, where a crossing route comes underneath a go route to draw the safety into a decision to cover one or the other and leave a receiver 1 on 1. It's just bad.

Archived