Brunell taking first team reps, Sanchez and Rex not speaking

Matt39

any word on why he's giving him the silent treatment, sounds bizarre.. I didn't realize guys even did that..

I listened to Sanchez on the radio and he pretty much said that isnt the case. He said maybe he didnt bump into Rex to talk with him but he is speaking to him. Sanchez just sounded like a 10 year old who just got told by his parent not to do something and he goes off and sulks. That said it does again bring up the underlying problem that Rex essentially has no relationship with his QBs. It should be impossible for a QB to avoid his head coach, but from the way both talked it sounded as if Sanchez doesnt exactly see him that often to exactly be striking up conversation. That needs to stop.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense, but how does a starting QB NOT talk to the HC everyday? The HC runs the show...the QB is the project leader/facilitator....you would think communication is paramount,no?

What makes you think the NY Jets do anything that is paramount?

I listened to Sanchez on the radio and he pretty much said that isnt the case. He said maybe he didnt bump into Rex to talk with him but he is speaking to him. Sanchez just sounded like a 10 year old who just got told by his parent not to do something and he goes off and sulks. That said it does again bring up the underlying problem that Rex essentially has no relationship with his QBs. It should be impossible for a QB to avoid his head coach, but from the way both talked it sounded as if Sanchez doesnt exactly see him that often to exactly be striking up conversation. That needs to stop.

Jason, first off you do a great job on your website. Thanks for all the info.

However, regarding this issue, you are way off base. Rex and Mark are extremely close, father son close. The qb spends the better part of the week with his position coach and oc going over the game plan, Rex is not involved with that.

It seems a little silly to me as a tactic since Rex has effectively admitted Sanchez is still the team's only option at QB.

What's the difference between this and holding a team meeting where he berates Sanchez and tells him how awful he's been in front of everyone? For all we know that might have been a more effective tool since it's likely the team would have stood up for their captain and QB.

Without the real threat of Sanchez watching from the sideline during a game, this isn't much of a motivator to me. And even with Rex joking about it and telling the whole world this is a motivation tool and not any risk of demotion, Sanchez has still reportedly not spoken to Rex.

Whatever it is, I hope it works also. Luckily the Bills have had no defense and no offense for weeks.

The thing is we have no back up QB, but if we did, maybe the tactic would hold water better. Sunday may be real interesting. I do think we have a very good team, this year for us has been domino effect 101.....

The thing is we have no back up QB, but if we did, maybe the tactic would hold water better. Sunday may be real interesting. I do think we have a very good team, this year for us has been domino effect 101.....

Yeah it's upsetting. I would love it if Sanchez would make me eat my words and become the actual asset a team is seeking when we trade plenty to get into the top 5 to get him. It's pathetic that we're right now reduced to just looking for him to be merely an adequate game manager. Unfortunately for us, he's just a lousy QB right now.

For what Sanchez is, you need to have a better back than Shonn Greene.

Look EY, you may not like me or the things I say, that's cool, but you need to stop. I'm not going to convince why I know this to be fact. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

You just make stuff up. It's funny to me. I don't know why I would need to stop pointing that out.

Whatever it takes to make your point.

I do. So does everyone else.

My points are made from facts. The facts seem made up to you because they dont fit your way of thinking. When you disagree you attack with name calling to make yourself feel important, thats ok. When I'm wrong I stand up to it, like with coles. When your wrong, like now, you just continue to rant. You need to grow up. At 42 your nonsense is not important or necessary in my life. Like I said before, I will not prove my point to you about sanchez and rex. I will say this though, has it ever crossed your narrow mind that some of us on this site may know some of these players?

My points are made from facts. The facts seem made up to you because they dont fit your way of thinking. When you disagree you attack with name calling to make yourself feel important, thats ok. When I'm wrong I stand up to it, like with coles. When your wrong, like now, you just continue to rant. You need to grow up. At 42 your nonsense is not important or necessary in my life. Like I said before, I will not prove my point to you about sanchez and rex. I will say this though, has it ever crossed your narrow mind that some of us on this site may know some of these players?

Lists of names I've called you? The thought that I have some vendetta against you personally pretty much encompasses that "making yourself feel important" thing you've projected onto me though. Oh, and your continuation of this conversation screams, "I'm too old, mature, and well adjusted for your crap, kid".

I'm sure you and the players are BFFs though. Totally jealz, dude.

Yeah it's upsetting. I would love it if Sanchez would make me eat my words and become the actual asset a team is seeking when we trade plenty to get into the top 5 to get him. It's pathetic that we're right now reduced to just looking for him to be merely an adequate game manager. Unfortunately for us, he's just a lousy QB right now.

Agreed...and happy thanksgiving

I definitely agree with this. Thing is, Shonn Greene is a 3rd round RB. Mark Sanchez is the #5 overall pick. I'm not sure Greene's the one to expect more from.

That's true, but at the same time...they both start and they both aren't very good and its easier to find a good back than good QB. Whoever in the organization that thought Greene was a starter completely whiffed.

That's true, but at the same time...they both start and they both aren't very good and its easier to find a good back than good QB. Whoever in the organization that thought Greene was a starter completely whiffed.

The same can be said about most of the recent draft picks, unfortunately.

I definitely agree with this. Thing is, Shonn Greene is a 3rd round RB. Mark Sanchez is the #5 overall pick. I'm not sure Greene's the one to expect more from.

Jets apparently had a first-round grade on Greene though. It's downright scary what these ****heads think a first-round draft pick looks like. A quarterback with sixteen starts, a big ten running back, and some dude fresh off the actual boat.

Jets apparently had a first-round grade on Greene though. It's downright scary what these ****heads think a first-round draft pick looks like. A quarterback with sixteen starts, a big ten running back, and some dude fresh off the actual boat.

Careful with the personal attacks. Some posters may actually know said ****heads.

note: not an actual warning this an attempt at humor. Thanx Crusher

Is that true though, or is it another Rexism to back his guy?

Archived