Cruz v. Holmes: WTF?

T0mShane

Tannenbaum really outsmarted the league by visiting Plax in prison, I tell you. That MFer could hoodwink the spots off a leopard.

Any thoughts on Eli in his 3rd year not making guys like Victor Cruz look like pro bowlers. Or maybe Victor Cruz is pretty good and Plax isnt...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts on Eli in his 3rd year not making guys like Victor Cruz look like pro bowlers. Or maybe Victor Cruz is pretty good and Plax isnt...

It's an interesting point. Good research. Still, is street free agent Cruz better than $50 million Holmes? Is Sanchez that inept that he's deflated Holmes' stats that much?

It's an interesting point. Good research. Still, is street free agent Cruz better than $50 million Holmes? Is Sanchez that inept that he's deflated Holmes' stats that much?

I think its safe to say Eli has gotten a lot better. I was always a fan, and he got way too much blame last season...but he is in a groove right now.

Plax is garbage btw.

Or, is Plax a victim of Sanchez the same way Holmes apparently is?

In my opinion, it's no single factor with any of these guys. I think Holmes is a vastly overrated player who is very inconsistent (and at times extremely sloppy) in his own play, who also sees his numbers affected by both the QB and offense he's paired with. Cruz on the other hand is clearly still a talented player, regardless of how much better or worse he is than Holmes, but also is clearly paired with a better QB and an offense which puts far more emphasis on the passing game and WRs.

In my opinion, it's no single factor with any of these guys. I think Holmes is a vastly overrated player who is very inconsistent (and at times extremely sloppy) in his own play, who also sees his numbers affected by both the QB and offense he's paired with. Cruz on the other hand is clearly still a talented player, regardless of how much better or worse he is than Holmes, but also is clearly paired with a better QB and an offense which puts far more emphasis on the passing game and WRs.

*WONDERS WHY THIS COULD BE*

Cruz is a Manning product and Holmes as a WR could run circles around him...I'd say I feel bad for Holmes/Burress for the hits their reputations have hit by playing with Sanchez, but they're both millionaires many times over.

Except both are kind of bullsh*t....Well the first one I can buy...He can get a spiral and good air under a pass when he does it right...That said, a few highlight clips doesn't prove anything.

They prove Edwards caught more than just fly patterns. They prove he was a huge deep threat. They prove that he was able to out-muscle defenders regularly. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just think that video proof of his abilities does actually prove something. What better evidence than actual plays on video that show Edwards doing the things you claim he was not doing? And the clips are only a few...there were plenty more including the big catch against the Texans that saved the game. Holmes catches the TD afterwards. But Edwards moves the ball 40 yards downfield with time running out. These things happened.

They prove Edwards caught more than just fly patterns. They prove he was a huge deep threat. They prove that he was able to out-muscle defenders regularly. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just think that video proof of his abilities does actually prove something. What better evidence than actual plays on video that show Edwards doing the things you claim he was not doing? And the clips are only a few...there were plenty more including the big catch against the Texans that saved the game. Holmes catches the TD afterwards. But Edwards moves the ball 40 yards downfield with time running out. These things happened.

Whoa whoa whoa...

1 - Sure, he did catch more than fly patterns. Doesn't mean he was any good at it.

2 - I didn't deny him being a deep threat. He's a LIMITED deep threat as well as a LIMITED WR. The fact that

3 - Couldn't care less about his ability to outmuscle anyone.

4 - The catch against the Texans? Streaking in a straight line down the sideline....

Oh and the fact that Edwards in his time here looked better than he has at any other point in his career except '07 says something about that offensive coaching staff over here that can't buy a penny's worth of credit. The guy was the offensive equivalent of Kerry Rhodes here...and in an modern offense he's Stallworth to two guys playing Moss/Welker...he's just not a well rounded enough WR to commit too, and in the one area he can be great in (going deep), he's a one route guy.

• 3 weeks later...

During Tannebaum's tenure with the Jets, Miles Austin and now Victor Cruz, have gone undrafted , and Maruqes Colston taken in the 7th round, all in his backyard,have become productive NFL receivers. And Tannebaum has instead been stuck overpayiong a string of bad attitude vets looking for that last paycheck. He didn't even need a scouting department, merely watch a Hofstra game or 2, and may be buy the local papers for the sports section.

During Tannebaum's tenure with the Jets, Miles Austin and now Victor Cruz, have gone undrafted , and Maruqes Colston taken in the 7th round, all in his backyard,have become productive NFL receivers. And Tannebaum has instead been stuck overpayiong a string of bad attitude vets looking for that last paycheck. He didn't even need a scouting department, merely watch a Hofstra game or 2, and may be buy the local papers for the sports section.

Well, Derrick Mason was slated to catch 80 passes for us. Only so many balls to go around.

Victor Cruz looked damn good the first time I saw him in Preseason and it was not Manning throwing him the football. The Giants did there homework and came up with a gem.

Archived