Cruz v. Holmes: WTF?

T0mShane

Over the last 5 years, the Jets have drafted - Keller, Kerley, Stuckey, Henry, McKnight, Brad Smith, Harry Williams, Joel Dressen and have picked up a bunch of you UDFA's like Cruz...who just havent panned out.

JIF Im talking about targeting some real WR's Its nice Cruz worked out for the Giants but they have some serious WR's on that football team they built through the draft with much higher picks than the jets used to get that cast of clowns you just wrote up. The only real pick was Keller and hes not a WR hes a TE who cant block.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JIF Im talking about targeting some real WR's Its nice Cruz worked out for the Giants but they have some serious WR's on that football team they built through the draft with much higher picks than the jets used to get that cast of clowns you just wrote up. The only real pick was Keller and hes not a WR hes a TE who cant block.

I guess obtaining guys via trade/FA who were drafted #3, #8, and #25 overall in the past 3 years doesn't show the same commitment to stockpiling talent at WR as the Giants did in rolling the dice with a UDFA like Cruz.

Okay, well during that time, the Jets have also traded for 2 #1 caliber WR's and they picked up 2 #1 WR's in FA.

BTW - what have the Giants won since drafting all the WR's? When they won, they were working with Plax who they picked up as a FA and Toomer who was a fossil, granted he was drafted by the Giants 12 years before that SB.

So you're giving them credit for what exactly?

Man those guys are in some sh*tty designed offenses. Why aren't they throwing less INTs? I CONCLUDE that those offenses aren't designed properly to get guys open.

I'm just curious, do you realize this wasn't even slightly clever the first time you made this assinine comment, nevermind the 7,171 additional times you've since used it?

I guess obtaining guys via trade/FA who were drafted #3, #8, and #25 overall in the past 3 years doesn't show the same commitment to stockpiling talent at WR as the Giants did in rolling the dice with a UDFA like Cruz.

hey Plax has filled his role nicely here and Sanchez has improved in the red zone so in that respect im fine with Plax's role. What has Santonio done ? and what have our RB's contirbuted to the passing game to take some pressure off Sanchez other than drop the football almost as much as Santonio ? Who is our deep threat to stretch the field and why have we not thrown the ball deep at all this year ? Sanchez throws a nice deep ball always has but we never do it...why ?

Yeah, nobody was getting paid millions when I played that. I don't care what their reason is, there is no excuse for these receivers to be dogging it the way they are. So you're saying it's ok for their response to our QB struggling is to make his job even harder?

I'm not saying it is ok but it is part of human nature. They bailed his cork arm a$$ out couple times yesterday. That catch made for the first down near the end of the game was awesome. Does Sanchez EVER hit anyone in stride anymore? ever?

hey Plax has filled his role nicely here and Sanchez has improved in the red zone so in that respect im fine with Plax's role. What has Santonio done ? and what have our RB's contirbuted to the passing game to take some pressure off Sanchez other than drop the football almost as much as Santonio ? Who is our deep threat to stretch the field and why have we not thrown the ball deep at all this year ? Sanchez throws a nice deep ball always has but we never do it...why ?

chicken-egg.jpg

Okay, well during that time, the Jets have also traded for 2 #1 caliber WR's and they picked up 2 #1 WR's in FA.

BTW - what have the Giants won since drafting all the WR's? When they won, they were working with Plax who they picked up as a FA and Toomer who was a fossil, granted he was drafted by the Giants 12 years before that SB.

So you're giving them credit for what exactly?

JIF the conversation about the Giants came up when people were comparing the Giants CURRENT crop of WR's to ours which IMO the Giants WR's happen to be much better. Manningham Nicks and Cruz are light years better. Then the ELI is better crap so I pointed out the talent Eli has comapred to Sanchez Why shouldnt I ? I dont care what Plax did with the Giants that was 4 years ago and Plax is now 35 and will possibly give us another year, then what ??? A new WR for Sanchez to get used to ??. Santonio is NOT a number one WR or a go to type WR he makes the great catches no doubt but I get the feeling hes a slouch when it comes to and every down player.

JIF the conversation about the Giants came up when people were comparing the Giants CURRENT crop of WR's to ours which IMO the Giants WR's happen to be much better. Manningham Nicks and Cruz are light years better. Then the ELI is better crap so I pointed out the talent Eli has comapred to Sanchez Why shouldnt I ? I dont care what Plax did with the Giants that was 4 years ago and Plax is now 35 and will possibly give us another year, then what ??? A new WR for Sanchez to get used to ??. Santonio is NOT a number one WR or a go to type WR he makes the great catches no doubt but I get the feeling hes a slouch when it comes to and every down player.

Put Eli with these WR's and you could flip the script.

Put Holmes or Burress on the Giants and they would be starz.

Oh wait Plaxico already won a...............

PLAXICO would be garnering HOF talk if he never shot himself in the leg. That catch on Sunday where he just plucked the mid-field fade is routine for the guy, and he made it look so.

I said turnovers. That includes fumbles when he's being sacked and uses one hand to hold the ball and the other to make a peace sign. NO QB had turned the ball over as much as Sanchez. Not just Pics so stop it before you start Smash.

Again, you are simply incorrect. Rivers has more interceptions than Sanchez has turnovers (INT's + fumbles combined).

During the Saints game someone said something abouit a QB being accurate and that helping YAC. Is this true?

It is far easier to (1) catch the ball and (2) maintain forward motion when the ball is not thrown three feet behind the receiver. Alternatively, balls thrown into the ground four feet in front of the receiver or six feet over the receiver's head are always a nice change of pace.

Again, you are simply incorrect. Rivers has more interceptions than Sanchez has turnovers (INT's + fumbles combined).

Sorry about that. Must have misread the stat. Maybe it's the most fumbles at the position. Nonetheless a lot of the stuff he sucked at when he came into the league, he still sucks at. Hard for me to see what he has gotten so much better at. What I see is a JAG who played better when the team was better. That's just one fat guys opinion.

It is far easier to (1) catch the ball and (2) maintain forward motion when the ball is not thrown three feet behind the receiver. Alternatively, balls thrown into the ground four feet in front of the receiver or six feet over the receiver's head are always a nice change of pace.

Man, ******* shotty sucks.

Sorry about that. Must have misread the stat. Maybe it's the most fumbles at the position. Nonetheless a lot of the stuff he sucked at when he came into the league, he still sucks at. Hard for me to see what he has gotten so much better at. What I see is a JAG who played better when the team was better. That's just one fat guys opinion.

I know how you feel.. just hang in there, Sanchez is gonna be fine. Compare him with Eli Manning's career... you'll see.

Unless you have access to all-22 film, neither you nor anyone else is noticing much of anything downfield until the pass is actually thrown.

When I went to the game here last year it was pretty terrible. If we'd extended Holmes before that we'd have lost for sure because he was the only one who was even trying at that point. Cotchery (the gimp play notwithstanding) and Edwards had just plain given up and it was Haynesworth-rolling-around-on-the-ground obvious. Now Holmes and Plax are dogging it. I don't know how we're supposed to get receivers to lay out for this guy when they know full well that if it takes longer than a second and a half for the ball to come out it's going the other way anyway.

Archived