Cruz v. Holmes: WTF?

T0mShane

you know what Crush I would love to know how people can tell Sanchez is locking on his receivers. We dont have film to study and I think its getting to the point people make sh*t up just to bash the kid. The routes are being jumped in zone coverage maybe Sanchez sees this and is becoming gun shy were certainly not adjusting. I think were talking about a really poorly designed offense.

Lol. No Crusher what you see on the field isn't what's actually there. Sanchez only SEEMS to throw into coverae. What he's really doing is listening to the playcall I never heard from the playbook i've never seen.

Mind. Fn. Blowing.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know what Crush I would love to know how people can tell Sanchez is locking on his receivers. We dont have film to study and I think its getting to the point people make sh*t up just to bash the kid. The routes are being jumped in zone coverage maybe Sanchez sees this and is becoming gun shy were certainly not adjusting. I think were talking about a really poorly designed offense.

So Sanchez leading the league in turnovers for the QB is a bad offensive design? Sanchez needs to be on a team that has top 5 rushing and defense to make up for is inability to make plays.

Mark Sanchez is a bad QB, sorry Smash.

So Sanchez leading the league in turnovers for the QB is a bad offensive design? Sanchez needs to be on a team that has top 5 rushing and defense to make up for is inability to make plays.

Mark Sanchez is a bad QB, sorry Smash.

Sanchez is leading the league ? How many Ints does he have ?

Phillip Rivers, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rex Grossman, Cam newton, Matthew Stafford, Tavaris Jackson and Drew Brees ALL have more Ints than Mark Sanchez who has 11 INTs 7 other QB's have 10 Ints Mark Sanchez is 8th in the NFL in TD passes but hey HE SUCKS

Phillip Rivers, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rex Grossman, Cam newton, Matthew Stafford, Tavaris Jackson and Drew Brees ALL have more Ints than Mark Sanchez who has 11 INTs 7 other QB's have 10 Ints Mark Sanchez is 8th in the NFL in TD passes but hey HE SUCKS

Man those guys are in some sh*tty designed offenses. Why aren't they throwing less INTs? I CONCLUDE that those offenses aren't designed properly to get guys open.

Sanchez doesn't lead the league in turnovers by a QB. Show me what stats you are looking at because they're way off. NFL.com shows that he has 16 total turnovers (11 INT's, 5 fumbles lost). That's a total of 16. Rivers has 17 just in INT's, let alone in fumbles... that brings him up to 21.

Guys like Newton, Freeman, etc. are tied or close to it.

I would much prefer to look at the INT's total because it gets around that Baltimore game in which the entire offensive line was a turnstyle, leading to all those fumbles. (3 of them, I believe.). INT% is slightly up (2.3 to 2.9), but that's not the end of the world.

INT total isn't great, necessarily, but it isn't the worst. He's already hit his career high in TD's so that needs to be taken into account as well. At this rate, he will finish with 26 TD's, 16 INT's. Compared to last season, that's +9, +3 and a net difference of +6. Not bad at all.

Long story short, this is frustrating but I think we're witnessing his sophomore slump 1 year late because of his lack of college experience. Also, O-line play and more turnover at WR killed him this year. I'm not taking away all the blame, but when you look at the question of progression vs. regression, you have to assume a baseline for comparison.

They must have horrible OC's.

Sanchez has given the oppossing D's 40+ pts this season off INT's and fubmles. Leads the league.

Sanchez doesn't lead the league in turnovers by a QB. Show me what stats you are looking at because they're way off. NFL.com shows that he has 16 total turnovers (11 INT's, 5 fumbles lost). That's a total of 16. Rivers has 17 just in INT's, let alone in fumbles... that brings him up to 21.

I would much prefer to look at the INT's total because it gets around that Baltimore game in which the entire offensive line was a turnstyle, leading to all those fumbles. (3 of them, I believe.). INT% is slightly up (2.3 to 2.9), but that's not the end of the world.

INT total isn't great, necessarily, but it isn't the worst. He's already hit his career high in TD's so that needs to be taken into account as well. At this rate, he will finish with 26 TD's, 16 INT's. Compared to last season, that's +9, +3 and a net difference of +6. Not bad at all.

Long story short, this is frustrating but I think we're witnessing his sophomore slump 1 year late because of his lack of college experience. Also, O-line play and more turnover at WR killed him this year. I'm not taking away all the blame, but when you look at the question of progression vs. regression, you have to assume a baseline for comparison.

Hey I thought when QB's have O=Lines that suddenly cant protect them or run the football well and when they have no Real RB's to throw the football too they naturally should get better. I never would have figured 300 pound lineman smashing QB's would have an effect on them. I also didnt know that having 3 different WR's and a partial offseason to work with them was an issue either Ceratinly none of those guys could possibly be struggling learning the offense its the QB who has been here for 3 years whos fault it is when they are not on the same page.

Ever play that game where you tell your friend to "go deep" and then wave bye bye to him after he runs that pattern and drop the ball on the ground laughing? Thats what it's like to be a Jets reciever. How many great routes you gonna run just to jump high for the ball, watch it hit the ground, watch it go over your head or watch one of the three men covering you catch it.

Yeah, nobody was getting paid millions when I played that. I don't care what their reason is, there is no excuse for these receivers to be dogging it the way they are. So you're saying it's ok for their response to our QB struggling is to make his job even harder?

This.

Plus Eli is much better than Sanchez.

he threw 25 Ints last year and has 20 Tds this year 2 more than Sanchez. I guess we have better WR's than the giants now too right ? Wonder how many Hits Eli has taken compared to Sanchez as well . How many deep threats does Sanchez have that can open up the offense ?

One is working in a system where WR routes are well-designed. The other is working in Brian Schottenheimer's system.

Thank you.

We can do the same comparison with Holmes himself. Look up his stats from Pitt and his stats here.

And for the record, when I seen Victor Cruz in the preseason I knew that the Giants lucked up. Dude is a beast, and he made Nnamdi and the rest of the Eagles secondary look silly in their first meeting.

Maybe we should fire Schotty......I dont know, just a thought.

Thank you.

We can do the same comparison with Holmes himself. Look up his stats from Pitt and his stats here.

And for the record, when I seen Victor Cruz in the preseason I knew that the Giants lucked up. Dude is a beast, and he made Nnamdi and the rest of the Eagles secondary look silly in their first meeting.

Maybe we should fire Schotty......I dont know, just a thought.

Stop making sense the Jets have top five talent and our QB has no real problems to deal with at all. Its all his fault he sucks and no one elses. We need Manning to come here and play under this stellar system with the current cast of clowns we march on the field each week

I dont' get it, people complain that our receivers don't get open enough and show how wide open Cruz and some of the giants receivers are, yet when Plax and some of our guys get wide open for catches or touchdowns, you guys use it as an excuse to somehow rip sanchez, something along the lines of: "well of course he threw that td, the guys were wide open..." It really must be exhausting being so negative all the time.

Stop making sense the Jets have top five talent and our QB has no real problems to deal with at all. Its all his fault he sucks and no one elses. We need Manning to come here and play under this stellar system with the current cast of clowns we march on the field each week

You know what? You're right. I need to stop making so much sense. Its just not popular! lol.

Sanchez is leading the league ? How many Ints does he have ?

I said turnovers. That includes fumbles when he's being sacked and uses one hand to hold the ball and the other to make a peace sign. NO QB had turned the ball over as much as Sanchez. Not just Pics so stop it before you start Smash.

I said turnovers. That includes fumbles when he's being sacked and uses one hand to hold the ball and the other to make a peace sign. NO QB had turned the ball over as much as Sanchez. Not just Pics so stop it before you start Smash.

sorry big guy but your wrong. and the Baltimore game was not Sanchez fault he took a beating in that game and never had a chance.

River is having the worse year of his career. Wake me up when Sanchez is 1/3rd the QB rivers is.

River is having the worse year of his career. Wake me up when Sanchez is 1/3rd the QB rivers is.

Rivers puts up stats for sure but he cant do sh*t in the playoffs vs good defenses. Look at the division he plays in and pads his stats in. Funny how Sanchez out dueled his a$$ in the playoffs and again this year as well

Rivers puts up stats for sure but he cant do sh*t in the playoffs vs good defenses. Look at the division he plays in and pads his stats in. Funny how Sanchez out dueled his a$$ in the playoffs and again this year as well

He doesnt get credit for making it to the AFCCG and playing on a torn ACL?

Sanchez could beat him now too.... If he had a top 3 running game and top 3 defense. If we need Mark to win us games, WE ARE ****ED. If Rivers QB'd the '10Jets and '11 Jets we would have a Lombardi. PERIOD

The jets dont pick up young WR's they pick up cast offs and has beens. No way we get a young WR with as much promise as Cruz. When was the last time we drafted one ? Keyshawn ?

Put Holmes or Burress on the Giants and they would be starz.

Oh wait Plaxico already won a...............

The jets dont pick up young WR's they pick up cast offs and has beens. No way we get a young WR with as much promise as Cruz. When was the last time we drafted one ? Keyshawn ?

Over the last 5 years, the Jets have drafted - Keller, Kerley, Stuckey, Henry, McKnight, Brad Smith, Harry Williams, Joel Dressen and have picked up a bunch of you UDFA's like Cruz...who just havent panned out.

Sanchez could beat him now too.... If he had a top 3 running game and top 3 defense. If we need Mark to win us games, WE ARE ****ED. If Rivers QB'd the '10Jets and '11 Jets we would have a Lombardi. PERIOD

Crush our defense failed in both AFCCG not Mark Sanchez

Wait a minute your going to give him credit for getting to the AFCCG but not give Sanchez credit for getting there 2 years in a row and played fantastic in the playoffs both years ?

I'm just laughing how Rivers is a choker yet he's achieved just as much as Sanchez in the playoffs. They both lost in an AFCCG. Only difference is, 1 has lost 2.

There were over 250 players selected in the draft in 2010 and every team, including the Giants, passed on Cruz multiple times.

But you're right, he's a generational talent, the likes of which we could never hope to obtain. I guess we'll keep hamstringing our QB with sub-par talent at WR, which will be one of the main reasons he continues to struggle at this level.

Wait a minute your going to give him credit for getting to the AFCCG but not give Sanchez credit for getting there 2 years in a row and played fantastic in the playoffs both years ?

He loss two AFC champioship games... Sanchez needs to be on the best team to win. He is a liability not a guy who is going to win you games.

Archived