The Colts are an embarrassment

hoping4ASuperBowl

per Rotoworld:

Colts fired defensive coordinator Larry Coyer.

Coyer was one of head coach Jim Caldwell's first hires when he got the job in 2009. It remains to be seen if Caldwell will make it to the 2012 season. The 0-11 Colts have given up more points than any team in the league as their tiny secondary gets exposed week after week. Coyer will be replaced by linebacker coach Mike Murphy. The Colts play in New England on Sunday.

Updating a previous item, coach Jim Caldwell has named Dan Orlovsky the Colts' starting quarterback for Week 13 against the Patriots.

Caldwell changed his mind -- or, more likely, had it changed for him -- after suggesting Monday that Curtis Painter would remain the starter. On the same day that DC Larry Coyer was fired, the Colts are doing quite a bit of house-cleaning. Orlovsky has plenty of experience at the helm of a winless team from his stint with the Lions in 2008. Even with Painter's nine turnovers to one touchdown over the past five games, Orlovsky isn't much of an upgrade.

They won't have any competition in the Suck for Luck lottery.

Hence the reason why I always felt that Manning was the best QB I have ever seen.

I said a few years ago that if Manny EVER got hurt or retired this Colts team is 5-11 at best. Even in my overly positive view of Manning this 0-11 record shows that I STILL underestimated Peyton Manning.

This guy is a QB genius.

EDIT: I'd still keep Sanchez! lol.

I heard this morning that Peyton was getting tested today to see if he can start practicing. Any one of us have any doubt as to whether or not he plays a game this year? It's so obvious and has been so since Manning went down what the Colts were looking to do; do whatever it takes to tank the season so they can draft Manning's replacement. Now THAT is disgraceful and when the proof comes out someday I hope that Indianapolis pays a heavy price for cheating and blackening the eye of the NFL. Who knows maybe Andrew Luck turns out to be the next Ryan Leaf-I hope that's what happens

I heard this morning that Peyton was getting tested today to see if he can start practicing. Any one of us have any doubt as to whether or not he plays a game this year? It's so obvious and has been so since Manning went down what the Colts were looking to do; do whatever it takes to tank the season so they can draft Manning's replacement. Now THAT is disgraceful and when the proof comes out someday I hope that Indianapolis pays a heavy price for cheating and blackening the eye of the NFL. Who knows maybe Andrew Luck turns out to be the next Ryan Leaf-I hope that's what happens

That could Neeeeeeever happen. This is "Andrew Luck" we're talking about here. He's the "next big thing". lol.

I'm not sure if the Colts are purposefully tanking their season, but the fervor over this guy is just crazy.

Better yet, he can turn out to be the Lebron James of the NFL, dominate in the reg season yet chokes when facing a competitive opponent in the playoffs.

That could Neeeeeeever happen. This is "Andrew Luck" we're talking about here. He's the "next big thing". lol.

I'm not sure if the Colts are purposefully tanking their season, but the fervor over this guy is just crazy.

Better yet, he can turn out to be the Lebron James of the NFL, dominate in the reg season yet chokes when facing a competitive opponent.

I don't think they are tanking they are just a bad team. Their D is terrible and the O is horrendous without Peyton. Doesn't help that the HC is clueless.

I don't think they are tanking they are just a bad team. Their D is terrible and the O is horrendous without Peyton. Doesn't help that the HC is clueless.

True. I havent gotten the impression that they're tanking the season either. The defense has always been bad minus their DE's and Peyton Manning IS Peyton Manning. Take him away and I guess this is what you get.

Colts over Pats this weekend! Break the streak!

Yes, the reports of Manning having multiple neck surgeries and travelling to Europe for stem cell treatment were just red herrings.

True. I havent gotten the impression that they're tanking the season either. The defense has always been bad minus their DE's and Peyton Manning IS Peyton Manning. Take him away and I guess this is what you get.

Colts over Pats this weekend! Break the streak!

We will find out Sunday if the Colts have any pride. If they can't get up playing the Pats then they have given up on the season.

Hopefully they play like they're trying to get a 6th seed lol.

Will be an interesting game. Since realignment in 2002 the Pats and Colts have played each other every season. Can you think of any other non division teams that have played every season? Pats/Colts has to be the best non-division rivalry in the NFL the last 10 years.

Will be an interesting game. Since realignment in 2002 the Pats and Colts have played each other every season. Can you think of any other non division teams that have played every season? Pats/Colts has to be the best non-division rivalry in the NFL the last 10 years.

You're right. Those have been some pretty entertaining games....just as a football fan. High scoring games with the game most of the time coming down to the 4th qtr.

outside of being a Jet fan, Brady and Manning have really etched themselves in the history of the NFL. They're two awesome QB's

Please dont tell anyone that I complemented Brady. I dont want to be outcasted. lol.

You're right. Those have been some pretty entertaining games....just as a football fan. High scoring games with the game most of the time coming down to the 4th qtr.

outside of being a Jet fan, Brady and Manning have really etched themselves in the history of the NFL. They're two awesome QB's

Please dont tell anyone that I complemented Brady. I dont want to be outcasted. lol.

I think the Pats should win pretty easily. The Colts took no prisoners in 2005 when they beat the crap out of the Pats in Foxboro. That was a medicore Pats team and I think the final score was 45-21 or something like that. The Colts also didn't give a crap in 2008 when Brady was out for the season.

Tell me you weren't ecstatic when the Jets beat the Pats in Foxboro in 2008 :biggrin: Injuries happen but some teams are better than others when it comes to overcoming those injuries.

When do the Colts fire Caldwell?

I think the Pats should win pretty easily. The Colts took no prisoners in 2005 when they beat the crap out of the Pats in Foxboro. That was a medicore Pats team and I think the final score was 45-21 or something like that. The Colts also didn't give a crap in 2008 when Brady was out for the season.

Tell me you weren't ecstatic when the Jets beat the Pats in Foxboro in 2008 :biggrin: Injuries happen but some teams are better than others when it comes to overcoming those injuries.

True. I doubt that the Colts fire Caldwell. Peyton Manning is a 1 in a million QB which basically manages the offense himself. They score so much that the horrificness of their defense really didnt matter (until the playoffs lol.) Yeah, it was cool to beat the Pats in 08. That was a really good game.

I think Caldwell gets a chance to coach Manning again. I dont think they're letting him go or drafting Luck, unless to trade him to someone else. Manning, even with this injury is a superb shape and can play easily another 3-4 years.

True. I doubt that the Colts fire Caldwell. Peyton Manning is a 1 in a million QB which basically manages the offense himself. They score so much that the horrificness of their defense really didnt matter (until the playoffs lol.) Yeah, it was cool to beat the Pats in 08. That was a really good game.

I think Caldwell gets a chance to coach Manning again. I dont think they're letting him go or drafting Luck, unless to trade him to someone else. Manning, even with this injury is a superb shape and can play easily another 3-4 years.

The Colts have to fire Caldwell. He is one of the worst coaches in the NFL. He took over a 12-4 team and went 14-2 in 2009. Nice improvement until you look at 2010 when the Colts went 10-6.

Point differential in 2009 was +109. In 2010 it was +47. This season it is -177.

I swear Caldwell is a cardboard cutout on the sidelines.

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

These are Pro athletes, but it does really show what is The most important position in Pro Football. You know the Pats would suck a## if Brady went down.

I look since I've watched the Jets, Pats have Brady, Colts Manning, Bills Kelly, Fags Marino.

I keep thinking when will we get a real Franchise Quarterback?

It's must be great to watch, but as much as I'd like Manning in Green, I don't want us to give up the next three years worth of Draft picks for a 35/36 year old Q.B with a broken neck.

What rubs salt is the Colts drop Manning at 35, get Luck plus a hat full of picks for the Steve Grogan look alike.

I think Jim Caldwell is doing exactly what Irsay wants him to do-lose so they can draft Andrew Luck. I've been saying it since the summer and citing all of the crappy draft choices they have made since they drafted Manning. There were like 110 players selected and you'd struggle to remember what 90% of those scrubs even looked like. Picking a Peyton Manning and an Andrew Luck covers over as LOT of bad coaching decisions and a lot of bad scouting by the front office. Nobody knows this better than the Colts and they know they HAVE to get Luck to be competitive after Manning quits or there are going to be a lot of people without jobs in Indiana real soon.

this is all being engineered to get Manning to the Jets, were he belonged all along if Tuna wasn't an arrogant fat ****

No way that happens Chan, the Jets have TRIED that once before, no a FEW times before. They tried it with Favre, Vinny, Boomer, and with Neil O'Donnell. Bringing in over the hill QBs because they once were great or won a SB (or just got their team there) in their prime never seems to work out. The one time that it did was Kurt Warner

The Colts aren't even trying anymore. This is the same team that could have gone undefeated and didn't try for that either.....losing the SB anyway. Karma, azzholes. Colts will get Luck and he will suck or Luck will stay in school. This too, will come to bite them in the arse.

this is all being engineered to get Manning to the Jets, were he belonged all along if Tuna wasn't an arrogant fat ****

Mike and Mike addressed this issues this morning...stated there was zero chance the Jets "give up" on Sanchez and less than zero chance Peyton would come to New York.

I don't think they are cheating or tanking on purpose - at least not on the player level. I just think there was a legitimately enormous drop in the quality of QB play, probably the largest ever.

Payton Manning dictates gameplans. Teams have to play him differently than pretty much any other QB. When you go from that to Curtis Painter, it changes a team.

Archived