This is How you Get Manning

Favorite_Toon

why would you want to cut a young quarterback who took your team to the conference championship game in his first two seasons (and BTW beat a healthy Horseface Manning in Indy in 2010 to get there for a 38 year old with multiple neck fusion surgeries???

Because the young QB sucks?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would you want to cut a young quarterback who took your team to the conference championship game in his first two seasons (and BTW beat a healthy Horseface Manning in Indy in 2010 to get there for a 38 year old with multiple neck fusion surgeries???

LOL SOME SAY HES 38 SOME SAY HES 36..... LETS STOP THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!! ITS PEYTON FCKING MANNING!! OMG....SERIOUSLY... I SWEAR IF THE JETS WERE TRYING TO GET TOM BRADY RIGHT NOW....THERE WOULD STILL BE PEOPLE ON THE OTHER SIDE SAYING... LETS KEEP SANCHEZ... MANNING WANTED TO PLAY IN THE LAST TWO GAMES.... HES HEALTHY....

only in the delusional eyes of the sky is falling same old jet fan wallowers in misery

Lets talk about that game you brought up.

The final score was 17-16 Jets.

The Colts offense scored 27 points per game that year. They only scored 16.

The Colts defense allowed 24 points per game that year. They only allowed 17.

The Jets offense scored 23 points per game that year. They only scored 17.

The Jets defense allowed 19 points per game that year. They only allowed 16.

Delusional is "Mark beat Peyton", as is perfectly evidenced by the actual numbers. Realistically, the Colts defense actually shut down the Jets offense, but the Jets defense did a phenomenal job against the Colts offense.

did Brady just miss an entire season with multiple neck fusion surgeries??? I must have missed it. Have you checked out Brady's record against Manning -- or for that matter, Mark Sanchez' last postseason game against Manning?

1) we don't need a new starting QB

2) and if we did, I wouldnt run out and repeat the Bret Favre fiasco, this time for an injured version with a bigger ego and public relations department

Common' Man He went out of this country to get stem cell therapy! THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGN. Stop the insanity keep Sanchez...Namath was not the Super Bowl Hero until he started using Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer. Mark will be a very good QB who, I believe< will take one more step and get us to the Super Bowl....GO JETS

You believe? what makes you believe? because Samchez did such a bang up job last year? its obvious/.. The first two years they had a better running game.. better offensive line... better defense and they didnt ask sanchez to do too much... just manage the game... but now that the team is not as good and they started asking Sanchez to do a little more... now you see what you have.... Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning... top 5 qb of all time... we have the bottom 5 qb in the league right now... hmmm.... seems like a no brainer.... and pls everyone stop with his health already!!! HE WANTED TO PLAY IN THE LAST TWO GAMES..... FORGET THAT?

did Brady just miss an entire season with multiple neck fusion surgeries??? I must have missed it. Have you checked out Brady's record against Manning -- or for that matter, Mark Sanchez' last postseason game against Manning?

1) we don't need a new starting QB

2) and if we did, I wouldnt run out and repeat the Bret Favre fiasco, this time for an injured version with a bigger ego and public relations department

This is another thing people are doing... comparing it to Brett Favre..... Its not even close to the same thing.... Peyton Manning is still on top of his game.. and you know what buddy.... Brett Favre is better then Sanchez right now... eveen in retirement.... btw with Brett favre we were 8-3.... and look how far he took the vikings the following year.. Remember this... QB is one of or if not the most single important position on a football team... and we have one of the worst right now... There was nothing..I mean nothing anyone on this earth can say that they seen Sanchez do last year to say any different...

of course

Mark Sanchez has played for three seasons and if it werent for our great defense, he would never have won a single game

not one

shortsightedness is 20/20 at this thread

While inaccurate, this is actually closer to the truth than your average post.

Not to beat a dead horse... I know we will be living with this for the next few months maybe even longer but if you want manning this is how you get him...

First thing you have Tom Moore Call him up right away. That will have a huge impact on his decision.

Second grab a couple guys that Mannings familiar with.. Reggie wayne is a free agent and so is Dallas Clark. So if the rumors are true about the jets shopping keller.. That would not hurt at all... These things I believe would lure him to NY..... Besides playing in a big market...

49ers Great defense... No wide recievers and out of everywhere thats the least place you would see manning

Redskins Not going to happen... Hes not playing in washington...

Jets Most superbowl ready team out of the rest besides the 49ers.... Good running game...solid defense and very good recievers to throw the ball too

Seahawks Not even going to talk about that one

Dolphins With the hiring of there new coach former green bay Offensive Coir Just makes sense they go after Flynn... and in todays new Marshall has already reached out to Flynn

Cards Just gave Kolb 60 million..... that pretty much rules them out besids not having a great defense and a weak running game with wells....

As for Manning not being healthy? Have we forgot that he wanted to play in the last two games with colts? Why would he try that if he wasnt healthy?

http://www.nfl.com/v...HP11_hot_topics

How exactly are the Jets the most Super Bowl ready team when they were 8-8 this past season. A QB who looked mentally defeated by the end of the season and a locker room that imploded ?

I'm not going to say it won't happen (See Favre) but I can seep places like Arizona (Indoors and Fitzgerald), Atlanta (Jones, Gonzalez, White), SF (Harbaugh) as places where Manning would want to go to before looking at the zoo that the Jets have become.

How exactly are the Jets the most Super Bowl ready team when they were 8-8 this past season. A QB who looked mentally defeated by the end of the season and a locker room that imploded ?

I'm not going to say it won't happen (See Favre) but I can seep places like Arizona (Indoors and Fitzgerald), Atlanta (Jones, Gonzalez, White), SF (Harbaugh) as places where Manning would want to go to before looking at the zoo that the Jets have become.

I doubt Atlanta makes a push for him. But, yes, if I'm Manning, I go to SF 1st, then it's a toss-up between Jets and AZ, and that becomes personal preference at that point. Jets have the better defense, and the NY Spotlight, but AZ has Fitz and the dome setting.

The Jets beat the Colts. I assume you didn't watch the game, so let me tell you, Sanchez did not beat Manning in any way, shape or form that night. As a matter of fact, his receivers would have had to be twelve feet tall for him to have a game in which you can say he beat Manning.

But write what you want. It's bound to stick.

I doubt Atlanta makes a push for him. But, yes, if I'm Manning, I go to SF 1st, then it's a toss-up between Jets and AZ, and that becomes personal preference at that point. Jets have the better defense, and the NY Spotlight, but AZ has Fitz and the dome setting.

The NY Spotlight means nothing to Manning IMHO.

He has done more than his share of commericials.

Actually being in NY and dealing with the spotlight and the media pressure is probably the last thing Manning wants.

As far as Atlanta is concerned I don't think it is as far fetched as people think simply because of the fact that Ryan has struggled with move of being a QB that depended on the run and Michael Turner to being a throwing QB.

Alot of the issues teams like the Jets and Ravens had this past moving from a running oriented offense to a more of a passing offense was in Atlanta as well this past year.

Who is more superbowl ready? Cards? redskins? seahawks? dolphins?

we were 8-8 and the Giants were 9-7..... Giants lost 5 games in a row..... Couldnt beat the redskins at home in a must win game.... not taking anything a way from the Giants but if there in the superbowl...anyone can...btw the 49ers won 6 games last year...and they were one game from the bowl.....

we were 8-8 and the Giants were 9-7..... Giants lost 5 games in a row..... Couldnt beat the redskins at home in a must win game.... not taking anything a way from the Giants but if there in the superbowl...anyone can...btw the 49ers won 6 games last year...and they were one game from the bowl.....

Compared to the Jets ? Probably all of them right now.

The Jets were absolute trainwreck on the field and off the field. There is going have to be alot of healing this off season internally that I would have to see before I put the Jets in the Super Bowl ready category.

Even if the Jets were able to bring in Manning, they still would need to find a pure pass rusher, a safety or two, and a running back to go with Greene.

The Jets are alot more than just a QB away right now.

Then all those of teams you mentioned are Super Bowl ready...

Compared to the Jets ? Probably all of them right now.

The Jets were absolute trainwreck on the field and off the field. There is going have to be alot of healing this off season internally that I would have to see before I put the Jets in the Super Bowl ready category.

Even if the Jets were able to bring in Manning, they still would need to find a pure pass rusher, a safety or two, and a running back to go with Greene.

The Jets are alot more than just a QB away right now.

Yeah, we need a pass rusher in the WORST way. I mean we gave up TWO HUNDRED yards per game passing A total sieve!

If the Pats had our pass defense, they'd be undefeated and the best team of all time. This is only a minor overstatement.

A second running back to go with Greene is also impossible to find. Have no idea where we would find a second running back. There just aren't any. When you have one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, it's obvious the thing that is going to get you over the hump is a second running back.

I wonder if the whole being-in-the-same-division-as-Brady/Belichick thing would be incentive, deterrent or indifferent.

I was thinking about this just now as far as the best fit. While Arizona may be a possibility, lets say the decision is between the Jets and the 49ers.

With the 49ers, Peyton wins the division easily. With the Jets, he's got to deal with Brady/Belichick.

However, when looking at the playoffs, in the NFC, you've got to deal with Green Bay, New York Giants, and New Orleans.

In the AFC, you've got New England and Baltimore. I think Pittsburgh's going to dip a bit next year.

I think the path to the Super Bowl is easier in the AFC than it is in the NFC and I think NE is proof of that. If they had to play any 2 of those 3, I don't know that with their defense, they'd still be there.

I was thinking about this just now as far as the best fit. While Arizona may be a possibility, lets say the decision is between the Jets and the 49ers.

With the 49ers, Peyton wins the division easily. With the Jets, he's got to deal with Brady/Belichick.

However, when looking at the playoffs, in the NFC, you've got to deal with Green Bay, New York Giants, and New Orleans.

In the AFC, you've got New England and Baltimore. I think Pittsburgh's going to dip a bit next year.

I think the path to the Super Bowl is easier in the AFC than it is in the NFC and I think NE is proof of that. If they had to play any 2 of those 3, I don't know that with their defense, they'd still be there.

Showing up and taking the division from them might be nice as well. Maybe I'm projecting....

While inaccurate, this is actually closer to the truth than your average post.

just so we all understand

Is it Mark Sanchez you hate, Curtis Martin you hate, Rex Ryan you hate or just anybody and everything about the NY Jets in total that you hate?

please advise

just so we all understand

Is it Mark Sanchez you hate, Curtis Martin you hate, Rex Ryan you hate or just anybody and everything about the NY Jets in total that you hate?

please advise

Sanchez sucks. Curtis Martin is a very good running back who "greatness" comes mostly from being consistently good. Rex Ryan is a good football coach who needs to STFU from time to time.

Pretty much every objective measure supports my stances. What have you got?

Patriots? had a good defense? They have Steven Ridley at RB.... NO defense whatso ever..I mean during the reg season it had to be one of the worst defenses of all time... Stop with that crap...

Ridley is actually pretty good.

Belichick had a spot on Sportscenter this morning. Key-Yawn was interviewing him and asked him about the defense. Belichick's point and it is true, all the noise about one of the worst pass defenses ever, the bottomline is scoring and winning. They were in the top half of points allowed (15th). 2 TDs from being as low as 20th or as high as 10th.

The Patriots D are what they are. More often then not, they make enough to plays so Brady can have his worst playoff game ever and they still win.

Sanchez clearly does NOT suck, EY

the record supports this 100 percent

8-7, 11-5, 8-8 first three regular seasons, 4-2 postseason, first two seasons, 2 conference championship appearances, first two seasons

your hatred is what is not supported by the record

8-7, 11-5, 8-8 first three regular seasons, 4-2 postseason, first two seasons, 2 conference championship appearances, first two seasons

Oy.

Brady is a week removed from a game he said he sucked and he did, but it is another W in his post season total.

I suppose the D holding three high scoring offenses (Indy, NE and San Diego) to 16.5 points per game had nothing to do with the wins? The effective running game averaging 140 yards a game in wins had nothing to do with it?

Sanchez deserves credit for not $hitting the bed, but he is not the reason they were 4-2.

That's because you've framed the argument to be just about wins and losses. QB's play offense. They are not the whole team. You hate Brian Schottenheimer, as evidenced by your ridiculous nickname for him, yet his record is identical. Why doesn't he get credit for the teams winning record and playoffs? Simply because it doesn't support your argument. Where is the credit for Eric Smith, who was a safety on this team all these years? No love lost for him.

Sanchez has been in the basement of the league in passer rating, yards per attempt, and completion percentage. None of these statistics in a vacuum tells the story, but being in the basement in all of them is quite telling. He also led the league in turnovers this year.

Oh, and only losers celebrate back to back AFC Championship losses.

Archived