This is How you Get Manning

Favorite_Toon

Not to beat a dead horse... I know we will be living with this for the next few months maybe even longer but if you want manning this is how you get him...

First thing you have Tom Moore Call him up right away. That will have a huge impact on his decision.

Second grab a couple guys that Mannings familiar with.. Reggie wayne is a free agent and so is Dallas Clark. So if the rumors are true about the jets shopping keller.. That would not hurt at all... These things I believe would lure him to NY..... Besides playing in a big market...

49ers Great defense... No wide recievers and out of everywhere thats the least place you would see manning

Redskins Not going to happen... Hes not playing in washington...

Jets Most superbowl ready team out of the rest besides the 49ers.... Good running game...solid defense and very good recievers to throw the ball too

Seahawks Not even going to talk about that one

Dolphins With the hiring of there new coach former green bay Offensive Coir Just makes sense they go after Flynn... and in todays new Marshall has already reached out to Flynn

Cards Just gave Kolb 60 million..... that pretty much rules them out besids not having a great defense and a weak running game with wells....

As for Manning not being healthy? Have we forgot that he wanted to play in the last two games with colts? Why would he try that if he wasnt healthy?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82663975/Oh-the-places-Peyton-might-go?module=HP11_hot_topics

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to beat a dead horse... I know we will be living with this for the next few months maybe even longer but if you want manning this is how you get him...

First thing you have Tom Moore Call him up right away. That will have a huge impact on his decision.

Second grab a couple guys that Mannings familiar with.. Reggie wayne is a free agent and so is Dallas Clark. So if the rumors are true about the jets shopping keller.. That would not hurt at all... These things I believe would lure him to NY..... Besides playing in a big market...

49ers Great defense... No wide recievers and out of everywhere thats the least place you would see manning

Jets Most superbowl ready team out of the rest besides the 49ers.... Good running game...solid defense and very good recievers to throw the ball too

Dolphins With the hiring of there new coach former green bay Offensive Coir Just makes sense they go after Flynn... and in todays new Marshall has already reached out to Flynn

Cards Just gave Kolb 60 million..... that pretty much rules them out besids not having a great defense and a weak running game with wells....

As for Manning not being healthy? Have we forgot that he wanted to play in the last two games with colts? Why would he try that if he wasnt healthy?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82663975/Oh-the-places-Peyton-might-go?module=HP11_hot_topics

Arizona, and 49ers are the likely spot here. Arizona can get out of the Kolb contract unscathed I believe, and the 49ers can do just what you said the Jets could do sign Wayne, pair him with Crabtree, and that beast Davis, that would be more than enough to make Peyton happy.

http://www.nfl.com/v...HP11_hot_topics

And how do we afford all this?

The Jets are Super Bowl ready? Didn't they just finish 8-8? Where did a good running game come from? Since when the the Jets have very good receivers? The defense was solid but they couldn't get off the field when it mattered against Tebow and the Dolphins. The Jets are not one player away. They are a: WR, RB, RT, couple of linebackers, couple of safeties, a punter, etc etc away from being a Super Bowl team.

Remember when we thought all we needed was a kicker to be a Super Bowl team? That was awesome.

http://www.nfl.com/v...HP11_hot_topics

Your my favorite Toon.

And then the most important thing of all you left out of that list..... You wake up.

Not very far fetched my friend... Manning will be availiable.... which people though would ever become possibe,... and Ryan has already caklled manning a GOAT many times... He loves Manning..... Always said he was better then Brady..

The Jets are Super Bowl ready? Didn't they just finish 8-8? Where did a good running game come from? Since when the the Jets have very good receivers? The defense was solid but they couldn't get off the field when it mattered against Tebow and the Dolphins. The Jets are not one player away. They are a: WR, RB, RT, couple of linebackers, couple of safeties, a punter, etc etc away from being a Super Bowl team.

Remember when we thought all we needed was a kicker to be a Super Bowl team? That was awesome.

If the Giants are a Superbowl Team then My friend anyone is.... I watched the superbowl giiants gets whipped by the redskins at home in a muist win game.....I watched the Jets keep the giants in check the whole time.... until a ridiculous 99 yard catch from cruz.... and you forget one very important thing...... NO OFFENSE!!! SO OUR DEFENSE WAS ON THE FIELD WAY TOO MUCH!! Look the Giants are not that great of a team.... they finished with one more win then we did..... and of the saints would have beat the 49ers.... well.... the giants would be watching the Saints in the superbowl...

Hang on. The difference between Sanchez and Peyton Manning is the same thing as the difference between Doug Brien and what we hoped Nugent would be for us? lol

So WR production and RB production exist in a vacuum now, and who the QB is has a minor effect. I got it.

I suppose NE is in the superbowl because of their great RB's, great defense, and awesome WRs. As though Gronkowski would have anywhere near similar numbers with Sanchez as his QB.

The main problem is that if Peyton comes to Jets he'll be the second best Manning in NY. Is the Jets supporting cast better than the Jints? if not we'll be looking at an AFCCG ceiling again.

UMMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOO.... HE WOULD BE THE BEST MANNING IN NY.... ELI?? GIANTS WERE 9-7.... NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD...THEY JUST GOT HOT AT THE END AND THINGS BROKE THERE WAY...LIKE THE 49ERS BEATING THE SAINTS... FOR ONE... I THINK PEOPLE FORGOT HOW UNREAL PEYTON MANNING IS.... BECAUSE THEY HAVENT SEEN HIM IN A YEAR... HES BETTER THEN ELI...

Hang on. The difference between Sanchez and Peyton Manning is the same thing as the difference between Doug Brien and what we hoped Nugent would be for us? lol

So WR production and RB production exist in a vacuum now, and who the QB is has a minor effect. I got it.

I suppose NE is in the superbowl because of their great RB's, great defense, and awesome WRs. As though Gronkowski would have anywhere near similar numbers with Sanchez as his QB.

If manning was on jets this year,, they win AFC East and patsies are prob one and done. Jets D is 2x > frauds

I am just saying we aren't one player away, no matter who the QB is. If we had a healthy Peyton Manning this year, we still don't win it all because of the terrible O-Line play.

New England is in the Super Bowl because of coaching and Tom Brady, yes. We don't have great coaching or great QB play, that is true. Even if we had Manning we still wouldn't have great offensive coaching. And Manning might have died from the number of hits he would take. And yes, Manning's quick release would have spared him some hits, but not all. THat's how bad Hunter was.

I am just saying we aren't one player away, no matter who the QB is. If we had a healthy Peyton Manning this year, we still don't win it all because of the terrible O-Line play.

New England is in the Super Bowl because of coaching and Tom Brady, yes. We don't have great coaching or great QB play, that is true. Even if we had Manning we still wouldn't have great offensive coaching. And Manning might have died from the number of hits he would take. And yes, Manning's quick release would have spared him some hits, but not all. THat's how bad Hunter was.

What are you talking about? If Manning is here he IS the offensive coaches, and the best offensive coaches in the league.

oh please, u think Colts OL was better? christ we have 3 OL in effen probowl. manning was here 13-3 EZ

What are you talking about? If Manning is here he IS the offensive coaches, and the best offensive coaches in the league.

So Peyton Manning is just going to make the running game formidable again? He's going to magically make Holmes and Burress get separation? He's going to turn Hunter into an average lineman?

He isn't healthy. There is no certainty he ever will be again to play professional football and there is no chance he comes here.

Revision the should of and would have and could have all you want but this was an 8-8 team this season and one player doesn't magically turn it all around.

You'd be saying that about NE if their QB was Mark Sanchez as well. It's not just the quick release, as Sanchez doesn't even have some Tebow-Leftwich type of windup. There are plenty of times we've gotten into the backfield QUICK against a less mobile QB than Sanchez - particularly back when Rex dialed up so many more blitzes - and we still can't get him sacked so easily. It's not just the release. You know when to step up into the pocket straight, when to step up and to one side or to the other, when to abandon and run for your life, and when to just throw it away. Sanchez has no feel for this. There are some sacks that are just unavoidable, and no QB goes the entire year without getting sacked a bunch of times.

Sanchez got sacked 39x.

Brady was sacked 32x with a virtually-identical # of dropbacks.

Rodgers 36x with dozens of fewer official pass attempts which don't include all the additional would-be sacks he scrambled out of and ran for positive yardage.

Alex Smith got sacked 44x in about a hundred fewer attempts and he's a hell of a lot closer to a scrambling/running QB than Sanchez is.

With all the comparable # of sacks and scrambles it doesn't even take into account how many more times they all throw it away to avoid one.

So let's dispense with the notion that the Jets OL, woeful as they looked at times, is a major reason Sanchez sucks. He sucks because he's a bad QB with little to no feel for the position. Particularly when compared to those who either don't hurt their team so much or who are actual assets that make the offense better than it otherwise would be.

So Peyton Manning is just going to make the running game formidable again? He's going to magically make Holmes and Burress get separation? He's going to turn Hunter into an average lineman?

He isn't healthy. There is no certainty he ever will be again to play professional football and there is no chance he comes here.

Revision the should of and would have and could have all you want but this was an 8-8 team this season and one player doesn't magically turn it all around.

Colts and Texans and Lions fans would disagree.

What it comes down to is: those that are faint of heart and think that doing the "safe" thing is always being smart - The Mangeniuses that would rather die the death of a thousand cuts vs those that are willing to take their chances that one of the top five quarterbacks of all time will make a SIGNIFICANT difference over one of the worst five quarterbacks in the league RIGHT NOW. Enough of a difference to overcome some of the sacrifices it would take to get him here. I'm sure the Colts are not winning two games with Manning on the team. Borderline playoff team - at least.

I'll take my chances with Manning.

UMMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOO.... HE WOULD BE THE BEST MANNING IN NY.... ELI?? GIANTS WERE 9-7.... NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD...THEY JUST GOT HOT AT THE END AND THINGS BROKE THERE WAY...LIKE THE 49ERS BEATING THE SAINTS... FOR ONE... I THINK PEOPLE FORGOT HOW UNREAL PEYTON MANNING IS.... BECAUSE THEY HAVENT SEEN HIM IN A YEAR... HES BETTER THEN ELI...

I know it's hard for you to comprehend as evidenced by your loud type, but I was referring to RIGHT NOW. Peyton--36 years old and coming off a MAJOR injury--is not better than the younger in his prime Eli RIGHT NOW.

But I'll also play along ...

Eli 7-3 in postseason

Peyton 9-10 in postseason

And Eli just threw for more yards this season than Peyton ever did in his career. When it's all said and done, Eli will go done in history as the best of the Manning brothers, especially with his 2nd championship next weekend.

I know it's hard for you to comprehend as evidenced by your loud type, but I was referring to RIGHT NOW. Peyton--36 years old and coming off a MAJOR injury--is not better than the younger in his prime Eli RIGHT NOW.

Eli 7-3 in postseason

And Eli just threw for more yards this season than Peyton ever did in his career. When it's all said and done, Eli will go done in history as the best of the Manning brothers, especially with his 2nd championship next weekend.

14, 17, 20, 14

Know what those numbers are?

Eli 7-3 in postseason

Here are some more:

2, 20, 17

Recognize them now?

We were 8-8 cause the qb stunk.. No other reason

Archived