Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

I'm genuinely stunned at this discussion with JiF. I'm not going to say he's dumb, a moron, or a troll.

I seriously think he doesn't understand what a basketball scorer is.

There absolutely no metric where someone can conclude that Rose is a better scorer than Melo.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rose is more dynamic scrorer. He can beat you in more ways than Melo.

This isnt the first time I've challenged the masses and had this type of reaction.

Dynamic or not, Melo is a better scorer. Stats don't lie. No one is arguing qualities of what constitutes a better player. Like JH said if the ball is going through the hoop it doesn't matter how it happens. If Rose has a more impressive 20 per game because of acrobatics, it doesn't make him a better scorer.

Your argument is getting worse. Before LeBron came to the realization this year that he could be dominant in the post, Melo was arguably the most complete scorer in the game.

The Phoenix Suns gorilla is a dynamic scorer. Have you seen the flips he does when he goes to the hole? Find me someone that can do that.

I'm genuinely stunned at this discussion with JiF. I'm not going to say he's dumb, a moron, or a troll.

I seriously think he doesn't understand what a basketball scorer is.

There absolutely no metric where someone can conclude that Rose is a better scorer than Melo.

Clearly.

Your argument is getting worse. Before LeBron came to the realization this year that he could be dominant in the post, Melo was arguably the most complete scorer in the game.

Ho many times do I have to repeat myself, historically, Melo is one of the best scorers in the league. If Kobe Bryant wasnt in the league at the same time, he might be the best. This year, his a chucker and sucks and I think there are guys who are doing it better.

Sorry that my opinion differs from all of yours and I that I'm having a BBall conversation when I know nothing about it. I've never played the game. And I've never played any sport at the semi-pro level so I'm not a creditable source.

Luckily I have guys like you set me straight.

Melo >>>> the NBA.

My bad.

Clearly.

Ho many times do I have to repeat myself, historically, Melo is one of the best scorers in the league. If Kobe Bryant wasnt in the league at the same time, he might be the best. This year, his a chucker and sucks and I think there are guys who are doing it better.

Sorry that my opinion differs from all of yours and I that I'm having a BBall conversation when I know nothing about it. I've never played the game. And I've never played any sport at the semi-pro level so I'm not a creditable source.

Melo >>>> the NBA.

My bad.

I thought you were arguing he's not a good scorer and there's plenty of guys better than him at scoring in the NBA. I don't think you're going to find anyone who's going to say Melo has been amazing this year. Which goes back to the root of the story, Lin is going to help Melo get back to what he does best, just shoot the damn ball.

So, by this same asinine rationale, Dirk is a horrible 3-pt shooter, since he's making under 24% of his shots from downtown this year.

Ryan Anderson is way better than him.

Currently, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Lemarcus Aldridge score more pts per game than Melo.

They must all be better scorers, right?

I think what you're getting tangled up is your sample size is 22 games. Everyone else is looking at you know, the other what 7-8 years he's played in the league?

I thought you were arguing he's not a good scorer and there's plenty of guys better than him at scoring in the NBA. I don't think you're going to find anyone who's going to say Melo has been amazing this year. Which goes back to the root of the story, Lin is going to help Melo get back to what he does best, just shoot the damn ball.

WTF? When did I ever say that? Holy sh*t man. lmfao.

You said he's top 2, I said, this season he's not even top 5 but historically, yes, he's one of the best. My argument has stayed the same. It hasnt chaged with every other post.

You guys want stats stats stats to claim a player is a better scorer...well, I just listed 6 guys scoring more than Melo. So hard factual evidence would suggest he's currently the league 7th best scorer. lmfao

I

Clearly.

Melo >>>> the NBA.

My bad.

I'm sorry, I forgot you posted up Vince Carter that one time.

Currently, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Lemarcus Aldridge score more pts per game than Melo.

They must all be better scorers, right?

But Rose isn't, since, by your 22 game analysis, is scoring less than Melo.

So, by this same asinine rationale, Dirk is a horrible 3-pt shooter, since he's making under 24% of his shots from downtown this year.

Ryan Anderson is way better than him.

In the 2012 season, it would seem so. Historically, probably not. lol

JiF is feeling alienated now.

Oh yes, I desperately need your guys approval. Specifically you. Hate that we dont see eye to eye here. Kills me inside. ///tears up

I think what you're getting tangled up is your sample size is 22 games. Everyone else is looking at you know, the other what 7-8 years he's played in the league?

Ok cool. I'll say it for the 100th time. Historically, Melo is top 3 scorers in the leauge. This season, not so much. lol

Right now they are. But when Melo comes back and has Lin feeding him, watch the **** out!

lol - keeping moving goal posts Klacko. Too funny

I'm sorry, I forgot you posted up Vince Carter that one time.

More like posterized, tea bagged on the very first play of the game. But, I like your story better.

But Rose isn't, since, by your 22 game analysis, is scoring less than Melo.

Yes, his .6 less per game makes it clear as day that Melo is the better scorer. You are right and I take back my statement of Rose being better. Those other 6 are though.

lol - keeping moving goal posts Klacko. Too funny

More like posterized, tea bagged on the very first play of the game. But, I like your story better.

Yes, his .6 less per game makes it clear as day that Melo is the better scorer. You are right and I take back my statement of Rose being better. Those other 6 are though.

Again, this need you have to promote Derrick Rose as the better scorer despite any evidence proving otherwise, like... say him scoring more points than Melo, is truly mindboggling.

I carpool with a guy from Taiwan and intentionally fail to make the distinction between the two to get on his nerves.

The funny part is that he alternates between being Chinese and Taiwanese when it suits him... like, if you bring up something negative about China, he's from Taiwan, but he'll claim Chinese pride other times.

Haha I think it's pretty common, as I've caught a couple of the guys I ran track with telling some girl they were korean/tai/etc. for whatever reason, when they were the exact opposite. I also consistently ask him who gets to claim Tiger Woods, that's always good in a mixed crowd...because every tries to claim him.

Haha I think it's pretty common, as I've caught a couple of the guys I ran track with telling some girl they were korean/tai/etc. for whatever reason, when they were the exact opposite. I also consistently ask him who gets to claim Tiger Woods, that's always good in a mixed crowd...because every tries to claim him.

Well, not any more. Now everyone wants to pass him off.

Melo ruled out for tonight.

I can see it already - they beat a doormat team tonight and in in Melo's first game back, through no fault of his, they drop one to Dallas to end the streak. Cue the media piling on with the 'Melo isn't a team player' rhetoric.

I almost prefer seeing him sit out until Monday's game against the Nyets.

Melo ruled out for tonight.

I can see it already - they beat a doormat team tonight and in in Melo's first game back, through no fault of his, they drop one to Dallas to end the streak. Cue the media piling on with the 'Melo isn't a team player' rhetoric.

I almost prefer seeing him sit out until Monday's game against the Nyets.

Yeah, I can see that. But they really need Melo's offense against the Mavericks.

The bottom line is that they need a 100% healthy Melo. He needs all his injuries healed up.

WTF? When did I ever say that? Holy sh*t man. lmfao.

You said he's top 2, I said, this season he's not even top 5 but historically, yes, he's one of the best. My argument has stayed the same. It hasnt chaged with every other post.

You guys want stats stats stats to claim a player is a better scorer...well, I just listed 6 guys scoring more than Melo. So hard factual evidence would suggest he's currently the league 7th best scorer. lmfao

I

<3 you, JiF. But, Melo is a god-gifted scorer. Him and Durant are the only two players left in the league who have mid-range games, but Melo can also go down on the block, which probably makes him a top-3 scorer in the league (if you're talking about skill set). You can kill him for almost every other segment of his game, but as far as putting the ball in the basket, he's untouchable. Rose is deadly, but when he decides he has to score, he turns into a chucker.

And you can't really judge him off this season due to the lack of a passable PG.

<3 you, JiF. But, Melo is a god-gifted scorer. Him and Durant are the only two players left in the league who have mid-range games, but Melo can also go down on the block, which probably makes him a top-3 scorer in the league (if you're talking about skill set). You can kill him for almost every other segment of his game, but as far as putting the ball in the basket, he's untouchable. Rose is deadly, but when he decides he has to score, he turns into a chucker.

And you can't really judge him off this season due to the lack of a passable PG.

:o

I take back most of the nasty things I've said about you.

936full-scanners-screenshot.jpg

I really havent said different, just that this season he's not the 2nd best scorer in the league...maybe not even 3, 4 of 5..or 6 if we are using hard evidence lol.

I guess me saying that is giving off the perception that I dont think he's a great scorer so I'll say it again for the 100th time, Melo is a top 3 scorer in the NBA since he's been in the league. This season, he's not. Whether its because he's hurt, doesnt have a PG, lockout, doing things he's not used to doing...whatever is the reason...this season, so far, he's not that guy.

Hopefully he returns to form. It would be good for the Knicks. And I like the Knicks. So that would be cool.

I really havent said different, just that this season he's not the 2nd best scorer in the league...maybe not even 3, 4 of 5..or 6 if we are using hard evidence lol.

I guess me saying that is giving off the perception that I dont think he's a great scorer so I'll say it again for the 100th time, Melo is a top 3 scorer in the NBA since he's been in the league. This season, he's not. Whether its because he's hurt, doesnt have a PG, lockout, doing things he's not used to doing...whatever is the reason...this season, so far, he's not that guy.

Hopefully he returns to form. It would be good for the Knicks. And I like the Knicks. So that would be cool.

Do you realize that every time you repeat that you're making a judgement based on a 22-game sample, your argument sounds just a little bit dumber?

Archived