Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leads high school team to Californina State championship, named 1st-team All-State & California Player of the Year. Doesn't receive a single scholarship from Division 1 schools. LINSANITY

Dominates College Conference & torches the Nationally ranked teams he faces. Goes undrafted. LINSANITY

Great article on CBSSports.com on questioning for all the talent evaluators that passed Lin over: "What were they seeing?"

http://www.cbssports...idnt-see-in-him

Last night was the first time I screamed about a last second shot or laughed about a Knick win in literally a dozen years...

I used to watch a minimum of 70 games from 87'-99' and followed them more closely than any other of my teams. It's been a long, long time since they've been able to get me emotionally invested.

Crazy stuff...

Have to question a guy who's been covering sports professionally for at over a decade that doesn't know Wang Zhizhi.

It's hard to remember Wang except for the Chinese military officials having to drag him back to China because he didn't want to leave the LA strip clubs.

Doubtful. Between the reports from Stephen A. Smith on Melo suggesting using Lin to D'Antoni, the knowledge that the fanbase would turn on him if he froze Lin out, and the fact that he looked as giddy as a fat kid on Halloween watching Lin dominate the Lakers, I think things will work out just fine.

I have my doubts. Melo is really a frustrating player. He slows the game down so much. The second the ball gets to him, the game comes to a hault. Very nervous that he's going to ruin what is going on right now which is a lot of ball movement and pick roll mania. Dont care what anyone says, its still the hardest play to stop in the game.

Melo is iso mania and the complete opposite of everything we've seen Lin bring to the table. I'm really not trying to rain on the parade as I cant remember the last time the Knicks were this fun to watch, but I've got a very bad feeling about Melo's return. He's the total opposite of whats been working. Very scared. Sorry.

///ducks

It's hard to remember Wang except for the Chinese military officials having to drag him back to China because he didn't want to leave the LA strip clubs.

That's kind of the point... he wasn't memorable his on-court performance ,but for everything else, including being the first Chinese-born player in the NBA.

I have my doubts. Melo is really a frustrating player. He slows the game down so much. The second the ball gets to him, the game comes to a hault. Very nervous that he's going to ruin what is going on right now which is a lot of ball movement and pick roll mania. Dont care what anyone says, its still the hardest play to stop in the game.

Melo is iso mania and the complete opposite of everything we've seen Lin bring to the table. I'm really not trying to rain on the parade as I cant remember the last time the Knicks were this fun to watch, but I've got a very bad feeling about Melo's return. He's the total opposite of whats been working. Very scared. Sorry.

///ducks

/throws various fruit and vegetables at JiF

//seeks Crusher's approval for type of food wasted

///ducks

You have a very good point, but to Melo's credit much of the offense when had to go through him. He has a PG who can lead him open if you will. I think Lins PG smarts will help this out. I wont say that Melo's style will completely change because he's been having to do it for so long. However, when you have a brilliant PG directing the play the only way that it doesnt work out is if you're not listening to the point guard. I think Melo has seen this 6 game winning streak, most of those games without the big 3 and is looking to contribute any way he can.

Jeremy Lin is the biggest name in China, the wall street journal just reported. This kid may be the biggest sports figure in the world right now. Man how the internet has changed things!

let me check.... who is on the schedule for a Lin-whuppin' tonight??

oh yes, that would be the Sacramento/Kansas City/Omaha/Cincinnati/Royals tonight at THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS ARENA

Kings have big guards so it will be interesting to see how they defend and how Lin attacks. Last night would have actually went down as a bad game for Lin with all the turnovers and critical missed free throws until the explosion in the latter part of the 4th Qtr. Must see TV.

Archived