Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad....

THIS is sad:

Wade will miss some games, and chances are so will Lebron and Bosh with the amount of minutes they will be playing.

All of these teams will be right around if not better than the same record than the heat.

Boston

Orlando

Atlanta

Charlotte

Chicago

Milwuakee

Cleveland

The Heat should certainly make the playoffs as 8 out of 12 teams do and its not that hard...

BUT the Heat will get bounced quickly this year by one of the top teams.

this guy knows NOTHING about basketball

Lin is one of those stories that remind you why you started to like sports in the first place. DOn't know if this is an aberration but enjoy the ride no matter how long it lasts.

+1.

He has made NY Basketball worth watching again. I think he has shown enough skills to be at least a starting point guard in the league that you can trust. Last nights outburst however shows that maybe he can be even more.

The crazy thing about his 38 points is he just missed finishing some drives to the basket (possibly due to fatigue) or he may have had a 45-50 point night.

From a team concept this is what NBA Basketball looked like in the 70-80's.

It will be so sad when Carmelo comes back and destroys this dude.

My comment was more focused on people seemingly confusing Chandler with Dennis Rodman. He's a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster. The Knicks are slotting him as their third best player and I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden. Especially this year, when there will be less than zero in the backcourt.

suck-it-trebek-t-shirt-2.jpg

agreed, but he will have to feed them or it's a gonna get ugly. I love the kid, just a little worried about the "stars" ruining it with iso 1 0n 1 crap

You have a point, thats the funny thing about stars though. If Lin continues to play this style of his and they continue to win then I dont think it will be a problem. WInning is a cure all in sports. If they go on a losing streak and these guys feel like they're not able to contribute the way they're used to doing then it may become a problem. The bottomline is this, this kid is a slasher and a scorer with very good court vision. They're going to get theirs, but they're just going to have to share the point spread.

This is amazing, Im looking online for Knick tickets! lol.

You have a point, thats the funny thing about stars though. If Lin continues to play this style of his and they continue to win then I dont think it will be a problem. WInning is a cure all in sports. If they go on a losing streak and these guys feel like they're not able to contribute the way they're used to doing then it may become a problem. The bottomline is this, this kid is a slasher and a scorer with very good court vision. They're going to get theirs, but they're just going to have to share the point spread.

This is amazing, Im looking online for Knick tickets! lol.

wow.

the best part is how everyone around him is energized. he took a charge in the lane last night. just a wondefully smart player (harvard, duh) he even speads the credit to team mates in interviews. is he too good to be true ? that's what my paranoid brain thinks.

if he keeps this up for another week, he will own NYC. even the neurotic ones like me, lol

wow.

the best part is how everyone around him is energized. he took a charge in the lane last night. just a wondefully smart player (harvard, duh) he even speads the credit to team mates in interviews. is he too good to be true ? that's what my paranoid brain thinks.

if he keeps this up for another week, he will own NYC. even the neurotic ones like me, lol

I think this kid is the real deal. Its one thing to just so happen to be on a shooting streak, however, this kid reminds me of allen Iverson when slashing to the hole. He's not afraid of contact and he maintains concentration and draws the foul rather often. If he shows to have a consistent jump shot im telling you right now its going to be curtains for whoever has to guard this dude. What impressed me even more were his defensive plays. That charge he took last night to help maintain the lead meant more to the Knicks in respect to knowing you have a dependable PG than the 30+ he dropped. Lin came out of nowhere, set his feet and took the charge and there was nothing that the offensive player could do because #1 he wasnt expecting Lin to do that and #2 he had already committed himself to slashing to the basket. Lin got there RIGHT BEFORE dude left his feet for the layup. You're right, Lin is a very smart and talented basketball player.

And his story is rather impressive. You cant help but to love stories like this.

20 and 8 on the road against rubio, very nice

two days to catch a rest, then rape the raptors !!!!!

Yeah, 20 and 8 isnt bad though his shooting % was way down. To his credit though he's been playing on beast mode for like a week playing major minutes. Dude looked pretty worn out and probably emotionally given that this past week has been an absolute rollercoaster for him. These next 2 days will do some major justice. He'll be able to finally gameplan for a team while being able to rest and let that stamina return.

As for those Knick tickets, looks like the wife and I will be at the garden friday to watch LINsane in the membrane pounce ont he Hornets. I think Stoudamire will be back by that time.

Yeah, 20 and 8 isnt bad though his shooting % was way down. To his credit though he's been playing on beast mode for like a week playing major minutes. Dude looked pretty worn out and probably emotionally given that this past week has been an absolute rollercoaster for him. These next 2 days will do some major justice. He'll be able to finally gameplan for a team while being able to rest and let that stamina return.

As for those Knick tickets, looks like the wife and I will be at the garden friday to watch LINsane in the membrane pounce ont he Hornets. I think Stoudamire will be back by that time.

I need to get some tix. Havent seen the Garden so electric since the 90's. Hell, I haven't cared about the nba since the 90's.

the superstar thing def took a toll. I was very happy with his decisions last night, he dished a lot more. he tends to throw late bounce passes in the lone, and ther bigs aren't ready for it. they will fix that. so nice to gave a legit #1 !!

Yep. Lin was obviously gassed last night. He was 1-13 with 4 TOs in 2nd half. He had ice on his knees and ankles after the game (he says he's fine).

I need to get some tix. Havent seen the Garden so electric since the 90's. Hell, I haven't cared about the nba since the 90's.

You're right bro. The 90's were so awesome. I wasnt old enough to follow in the 80's but looking at old tape you see how complete those teams in the 80's were from having a deep bench to having solid players at all 5 positions. Today's b-ball is either a one man team or superstars all wanting to play on one team. The passion I had for the NBA faded away a long time ago. One thing that I can say about this generation that I really like was the emergence of international players, Lin, my boy "GINOBLIIIIII"! for an example. They're more complete players imo at the moment. It seems like the PG/SG players here in the states became more concern about swag and not performance, and it all started with the infatuation of the crossover. You got kids who can crossover and break ankles but cant hit a 15 footer consistently. That left room for the international players who understood that its still about the bucket. Im excited for this game just given that electricity you spoke of. Lin looks like he's really having fun on the court. I've always had a love for the underdog.

Archived