Sanchez is better than Manning

ECURB

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm absolutley befuddled re how to answer this one....so, did anyone see the Rangers put a smackdown on the Devils last night? It was a thing of beauty....3 seconds into the game 3 Rangers squared off and began fighting...I think 3 seconds into the game there was already a total of 40 penalty minutes assessed. NY can slap Jersey around---in Hockey. BTW, does anyone know of any horny, desperate, lonely chicks, with really have low standards and expectations and whose idea of a date is pounding a case and a half of Coors Light and then doing the bone boogie, they could hook me up with?

Not at all, the JETS never wanted a washed up has been who sucks in the playoffs and has a broken neck.

I agree with you on Manning's ability today...but I also see a FO that knows it can't build an OL to protect such a person.

• 1 year later...

I thought this thread was about Eli, which could at least be somewhat excusable given how Eli looks sometimes.

Peyton is a man on a mission this year.

I feel like Peyton is just head and shoulders above everyone, including Brady, and he now has a team around him to show it.  We saw how bad the Colts were w/o him.  He was winning games on his own for them.  19 TDs without an INT, that's unreal.

I feel like Peyton is just head and shoulders above everyone, including Brady, and he now has a team around him to show it.  We saw how bad the Colts were w/o him.  He was winning games on his own for them.  19 TDs without an INT, that's unreal.

But his neck is broked.  haha

He ran in a TD to boot moments ago.  At 37 years old.

Not sure how you can say that... dude was surrounded by crazy talent in Indy..   Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark..

He's one of the best for sure, don't get me wrong.. but I've seen him come up very smally in the playoffs too many times to call him one of the best ever., Jets should've given him part ownership 2 years ago

Not sure how you can say that... dude was surrounded by crazy talent in Indy..   Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark..

He's one of the best for sure, don't get me wrong.. but I've seen him come up very smally in the playoffs too many times to call him one of the best ever., Jets should've given him part ownership 2 years ago

He has a Harrison-Wayne-James-Clark esque corps around him NOW.  All those talented players were spread out over the years, and he NEVER had a defense.  Plus, what did James and Clark do outside of playing with Peyton?  Absolutely nothing.  Clark and James were nothing special.  

And Reggie Wayne, while very good and consistent, isn't a Hall of Famer on the level of Harrison.  Wayne's always been in that tier 2 of receivers, never really considered a Pro Bowl starter or special talent in his own right through his career.

He has a Harrison-Wayne-James-Clark esque corps around him NOW.  All those talented players were spread out over the years, and he NEVER had a defense.  Plus, what did James and Clark do outside of playing with Peyton?  Absolutely nothing.  Clark and James were nothing special.  

And Reggie Wayne, while very good and consistent, isn't a Hall of Famer on the level of Harrison.  Wayne's always been in that tier 2 of receivers, never really considered a Pro Bowl starter or special talent in his own right through his career.

heh? you make no sense. The colts have always surrounded Peyton with talent..

Not sure I'd call it "crazy talent", but he's had good players at time.  A lot of players who went on to be nobodies after he was gone too.

As for him in the playoffs, I think a lot of it has to do with not having much of a team around him.

heh? you make no sense. The colts have always surrounded Peyton with talent..

You named 4 players.  1 Hall of Famer, 1 good 2nd tier receiver, a pretty good RB and a slightly above average TE.  And that's over the span of a 14 years.  And again, he also had no defense, ever.

But wait, he had Jeff Saturday!  OMG Peyton is a sucky choker!  Everyone ignores the fact that he won more games than anyone by far because of some playoff losses. 

Not sure I'd call it "crazy talent", but he's had good players at time.  A lot of players who went on to be nobodies after he was gone too.

As for him in the playoffs, I think a lot of it has to do with not having much of a team around him.

All of his top guys spent the entirety of their prime with Peyton, dude was in Indy for 13 years. Reggie Wayne was 34 when Peyton left, and still caught 106 balls for almost 1400 yards (with a rookie QB)   . Edgerrin James was 28 and had 2200 carries and 400 receptions under his belt when he left, he was ready for glue factory (plus he hurt his knee). Dallas Clark was 33 and caught more passes his first year out of indy then he did the prior year in Indy. 

Claiming they went on to be nobodies after Manning lacks an understanding of the lifespan on a typical NFL career. All of these guys were past their prime when Indy let them go,  (which is why they let them go to begin with)

You named 4 players.  1 Hall of Famer, 1 good 2nd tier receiver, a pretty good RB and a slightly above average TE.  And that's over the span of a 14 years.  And again, he also had no defense, ever.

But wait, he had Jeff Saturday!  OMG Peyton is a sucky choker!  Everyone ignores the fact that he won more games than anyone by far because of some playoff losses. 

derpina says what?

James and Wayne are both likely to end up in the hall

how are the colts doing now ? sure they were horrid when Manning was hurt they had no plan and tried to get by with a QB coming off the couch with 1 week of practice on a team basically run by Manning and his style for years. For all intents and purposes Manning was the O coordinator of that football team that seemed totally lost without him

guess its not all about the QB now is it ?

The one SB Manning won was when His defense decided to play well one year in the playoffs and the next year he threw the game losing pick six vs the Saints in the SB. Just goes to show even the best regular season QB in history has problems winning SB's // Joe Montana won 4 because not only was he great but he had a great team around him as well. Terry Bradshaw who won 4 SB's had hideous regular season stats but the guy was a beast in the playoffs and SB the exact opposite of Peyton Manning. That's why I would take the clutch guy over the big numbers guy any day when it comes to post season football. Guarantee you more game managing QB's won SB's than the big numbers guys

how are the colts doing now ? sure they were horrid when Manning was hurt they had no plan and tried to get by with a QB coming off the couch with 1 week of practice on a team basically run by Manning and his style for years. For all intents and purposes Manning was the O coordinator of that football team that seemed totally lost without him

They're doing well.  But they're not the offensive team they were before.  They also drafted the highest rated prospect since Manning.

Wayne MIGHT.  James, no way.  And it's hard to say how much of Wayne's success was due to Manning.  He's doing well with Luck but he's certainly not what he was with Peyton.

Huh?  He caught 106 balls for 1,300 yards and 5 TD's with a rookie QB and the year before a plethora of terrible QB's, he still caught 75 passes for almost 1,000 yards.  He's on pace for another monster year and he's older than he was with Peyton.  lol

Wayne will be in the Hall. 

Huh?  He caught 106 balls for 1,300 yards and 5 TD's with a rookie QB and the year before a plethora of terrible QB's, he still caught 75 passes for almost 1,000 yards.  He's on pace for another monster year and he's older than he was with Peyton.  lol

Wayne will be in the Hall. 

He was having 1,300 yard seasons with double digit TD's with Peyton into his early 30's.  He's an excellent, consistent receiver but he's only been a 1st team Pro Bowler once. 

Hell, has Chris Carter even made the Hall yet?

He was having 1,300 yard seasons with double digit TD's with Peyton into his early 30's.  He's an excellent, consistent receiver but he's only been a 1st team Pro Bowler once. 

Hell, has Chris Carter even made the Hall yet?

Yes.  I'm not saying Reggie is first ballot...but he'll make it. He might end up top 5 in receptions, yards, top 15 in TD's...he'll get in.  

Not sure how you can say that... dude was surrounded by crazy talent in Indy.. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark..

Colts D sucked. Denver D sucks. Manning never played w a D close to the Pats D of early 00's. Manning is the GOAT.

Archived