Ape's Offseason plan. Unga Bunga.

Integrity28

I think we spend our FA money on the defense, and the draft picks on the offense - for the most part.

Defense:

Sign FS, Reggie Nelson - 4 years, mid-range pay for a veteran safety

Sign SS, LaRon Landry (or Chris Hope / Sean Jones / Maddieu Williams) - 4 years, cheap but incentive-laden contract

Sign ILB, Rocky McIntosh - 4 years, mid-range pay for a middle-LB (I personally think he's one of the better young run-stuffers available, not afraid to tackle, could thrive behind our DL and next to Harris)

If we can afford it:

Sign OLB, Kamerion Wimbley - 5 years, incentive laden (Pace and Bryan Thomas, that's why)

Sign CB, Terrence Newman - 3 years, cheap but incentive laden (can never have enough good CBs, Revis, Cro, Wilson, Newman)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offense:

Sign #2 QB, Brady Quinn - 3 years, peanuts (we must have a back-up that may have a chance at increasing his value for the future, more QBs than you need is like striking gold in the NFL)

Sign TE, Jacob Tamme - 4 years, peanuts (a complementary TE to line up across from Keller, and play in "heavy" package, he has good hands and is a big-bodied blocker)

Sign WR, Cotchery (or Schillens / Doucet / healthy Braylon / or someone equal) - 3 years, peanuts (we need a reliable 40 catch WR to line up outside, block)

If we can afford it:

Sign OT/OG, Vernon Carey - 4 years, incentive laden (makes too much sense, provides veteran depth)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft:

Target TALENT and explosiveness on offense. Seems like an obvious statement, however, we've seen that the Jets don't always do this.

We need an all-purpose RB (Round 1-2?), and stud/big-bodied WR (Round 1-2?). We should also look to draft Brandon Moore's replacement now.

1st Round (Assigned) (Pick #16)

2nd Round (Assigned) (Pick #47)

3rd Round (Assigned) (Pick #78)

4th Round (Assigned) (TBD)

5th Round (Assigned) (TBD)

6th Round (Assigned) (TBD)

7th Round (Assigned) (TBD)

My plan is awesome. I positions us to have minimal needs going into the draft, and for a "best player available" approach to building for the future.

Does not compute.

No? We don't have an all-around RB on our roster. We have Shonn Greene, who is slow, can't catch, can't pick-up the blitz, doesn't have a second gear, and is easily knocked out of games for minor bumps + bruises. We have Joe McKnight who is small. We have Bilal Powell who is everything Shonn Greene is, but worse.

We need a real RB.

I see no mention of Manning..

fail

That's in my other plan.

Actually, this is just an attempt to a.) be realistic and accept what is the most likely outcome, b.) invite you dooshes to flame my original post. I'm bored.

McIntosh can play the run 4 sure.

Rocky and Tamme are actually the keys to my plan's brilliance. Mostly because I just wanted to be the first to think of them. Very good role-player types that would have big impacts.

Most Jets fans make lists of studs, without acknowledging realism. I makes lists of role-players, and then talk down to people that disagree with me.

We also don't have anyone who can rush the passer or play right tackle. No offense, but if your plan includes drafting a running back before 4/28, your plan sucks.

My plan had us acquiring an OLB and an OT, hypothetically giving us the luxury to draft a RB that early.

That being said, if we don't sign either, it shifts the priorities in a draft to those positions before going RB. I know about football stuff. I collected trading cards as a child. QB, OLB, OL, DL, and CB is where you spend your early draft picks.

Rocky and Tamme are actually the keys to my plan's brilliance. Mostly because I just wanted to be the first to think of them. Very good role-player types that would have big impacts.

Most Jets fans make lists of studs, without acknowledging realism. I makes lists of role-players, and then talk down to people that disagree with me.

Definitely like the Tamme idea. As I was saying in another thread, the Jets biggest need at TE isn't a player who's particularly great at any one thing, but rather is just solid all around (assuming Tamme qualifies as such, I really have no idea how good or bad of a blocker he is). A guy who can block well, but still go out for a pass to keep teams honest. The Jets have enough problems on offense that they don't need to tipping their hand every time teams check out who they're lining up at TE because all they have there is receivers who can't block, blockers who can't catch, or backup OL. Not to mention having a solid all-around TE type also gives the team more flexibility with how they use Keller.

Definitely like the Tamme idea. As I was saying in another thread, the Jets biggest need at TE isn't a player who's particularly great at any one thing, but rather is just solid all around (assuming Tamme qualifies as such, I really have no idea how good or bad of a blocker he is). A guy who can block well, but still go out for a pass to keep teams honest. The Jets have enough problems on offense that they don't need to tipping their hand every time teams check out who they're lining up at TE because all they have there is receivers who can't block, blockers who can't catch, or backup OL. Not to mention having a solid all-around TE type also gives the team more flexibility with how they use Keller.

Don't you worry, the jets have no qualms about drafting TEs with no hands or ones who are too small or unwilling to block.

I think we spend our FA money on the defense, and the draft picks on the offense - for the most part.

Defense:

Sign SS, LaRon Landry (or Chris Hope / Sean Jones / Maddieu Williams) - 4 years, cheap but incentive-laden contract

Sign ILB, Rocky McIntosh - 4 years, mid-range pay for a middle-LB (I personally think he's one of the better young run-stuffers available, not afraid to tackle, could thrive behind our DL and next to Harris)

If we can afford it:

Sign OLB, Kamerion Wimbley - 5 years, incentive laden (Pace and Bryan Thomas, that's why)

Sign CB, Terrence Newman - 3 years, cheap but incentive laden (can never have enough good CBs, Revis, Cro, Wilson, Newman)

Offense:

Sign #2 QB, Brady Quinn - 3 years, peanuts (we must have a back-up that may have a chance at increasing his value for the future, more QBs than you need is like striking gold in the NFL)

Sign TE, Jacob Tamme - 4 years, peanuts (a complementary TE to line up across from Keller, and play in "heavy" package, he has good hands and is a big-bodied blocker)

Sign WR, Cotchery (or Schillens / Doucet / healthy Braylon / or someone equal) - 3 years, peanuts (we need a reliable 40 catch WR to line up outside, block)

If we can afford it:

Sign OT/OG, Vernon Carey - 4 years, incentive laden (makes too much sense, provides veteran depth)

Draft:

Target TALENT and explosiveness on offense. Seems like an obvious statement, however, we've seen that the Jets don't always do this.

We need an all-purpose RB (Round 1-2?), and stud/big-bodied WR (Round 1-2?). We should also look to draft Brandon Moore's replacement now.

My plan is awesome. I positions us to have minimal needs going into the draft, and for a "best player available" approach to building for the future.

No? We don't have an all-around RB on our roster. We have Shonn Greene, who is slow, can't catch, can't pick-up the blitz, doesn't have a second gear, and is easily knocked out of games for minor bumps + bruises. We have Joe McKnight who is small. We have Bilal Powell who is everything Shonn Greene is, but worse.

We need a real RB.

I like your plan OP with emphasis on RT WR and RB in that order . I think the 1/2 round big bodied WR and all around running back is spot on. Now the big question ...Do you think the Jets are approaching it this way as well ?

Defense:

If we can afford it:

Offense:

If we can afford it:

Draft:

This isn't even a plan. I don't know what this is.

Archived