Rex Ryan on Tim Tebow: 'He'll fit right in with the guys we already have.'

Pac

You guys are so rambunctious here! I love the playful banter, it reminds me of home.

Also, my mom is dead. So that sorta hurts.

damn was worried about that - no offense..

but I dare you to ask me how many pushups my dad can do.. go ahead.. ask.

Herm Edwards was also a great, young head coach but none of us could comprehend it except for....who was that guy again? ;)

Predicting the firing of an NFL head coach is like predicting everyone will die.

Technically, you will always be right. But it's not really a constructive conversation to have every day.

Predicting the firing of an NFL head coach is like predicting everyone will die.

Technically, you will always be right. But it's not really a constructive conversation to have every day.

Agreed.

Predicting it within 12 months of its occurrence has definite merit, however.

http://www.nydailyne...we-already-have

BY Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan has embraced Tebowmania.

Less than 24 hours after the Jets traded for Tim Tebow, the Jets’ head coach discussed the dynamic between the Broncos’ former signal caller and incumbent Mark Sanchez.

“I look at it this way: We're incredibly fortunate to have a couple of quarterbacks with playoff wins,” Ryan told cbssports.com at LSU Pro Day on Thursday. “Obviously, both have been fairly successful. ... I think he's (Sanchez) going to be a tremendous quarterback. He is our quarterback.... What Tim gives us is another great competitor.”

“He'll fit right in with the guys we already have,” Ryan added.

Ryan, who spoke to Sanchez on Tuesday, maintained that he’s not concerned about his young quarterback’s mental state. Tebow’s legions of fans will surely make some noise if Sanchez struggles.

“Mark's a great competitor,” Ryan said. “I know that about Mark. Mark is our starting quarterback. There's no doubt about it. Will we have some things for Tebow each week? Absolutely.”

General manager Mike Tannenbaum said shortly after the deal was announced that he envisions Tebow as an integral part of new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano’s Wildcat packages. However, it appears as if he will have other roles as well that will take shape. Ryan also praised Tebow’s ability to enhance options in the run game.

The Jets undercut Drew Stanton, who was signed last week to be Sanchez’s clear-cut backup. The Daily News first reported on Thursday that Stanton – who signed a 1-year, $1.25 million deal (with a $500,000 signing bonus) prefers to be released or traded at this point.

Rex Ryan characterized Tebow’s availability as an “interesting situation.”

“Any time you have a chance to what we feel will help our football team, we will look at those opportunities,” Ryan said. “We're prepared. We'll look at anybody.”

Despite cornerback Antonio Cromartie’s tweets that the Jets shouldn’t pursue Tebow, Ryan maintained that he isn’t concerned about any split in his locker room over the decision to trade for the popular – and polarizing – quarterback.

“The good thing about with us is that we don't hide anything,” Ryan said. “Everybody's got their beliefs. This team is built around each other, including Cromartie.”

Ryan has already seen Tebowmania up close and personal. Two fans “Tebowed” in front of Ryan at a Baton Rouge restaurant on Wednesday night.

Ryan was traveling to Baton Rouge when the trade talks hit a snag on Wednesday due to contractual complications involving salary advances.

“I was flying out here to do this (LSU) pro day, and I thought the deal was done,” Ryan said. “Turned out there was some other issues involved. Ten hours later, I got a text saying, ‘Hey, we got him again.' ... (GM Mike Tannenbaum) is incredibly prepared for everything.”

Ryan admitted that he could sense Tebow’s excitement when he spoke to him a couple times since the deal was done.

“Why wouldn't you be? You're coming to the New York Jets,” Ryan said. “We have a lot of great players on our team.... We have a lot of positive things about us.”

Et Tu Brute? My God Rex.....what the f--- has happened to you?? I feel like the Chinese kid in the Temple of Doom when Indiana Jones was under the maharichi's spell. (sobbing) Please wake up, Rex...............Please....we were right there, man......right there.....a DE here, a RT there....a new Kicker.........Why has this happened to us, Rex?! I..I..I'm sorry I have to go..............

Just wait and see guys! Its gonna be great! I'm not a football fan per-se, but I know enough to know that Tebow is the way to go!

Hey! That rhymed! Well, it kind of rhymed.

Anyway, welcome to me! Glad to be here!

This guy is allowed here, and I can't get Jaded Green back?

Really?

My question is how would Rex even know if Tebow will fit in with the guys? He is supposed to be the head coach but had no clue and no control over what was going on in the locker room last season.

Whenever I went into the locker room with the rest of JN last year we all noted what a crazy party it was for sure.

Rex, you son of a bitch, you just cried to us and admitted you "lost the pulse" of this team after the season!! So, how in the **** can you say with any certainty that "he'll fit right in." How can you have the gall to feed us that. How can you speak for Cromartie? You have been in God Damn Baton Rouge for days. No. Cromartie isn't cool with it. How do you know Sanchez is fine? Because of a two minute phone call? Or did you take him for ice cream? Are you really the buffoon that people have started claiming you are? because I have been defending you. So, how about El Capitan, Tone.....who you know like the back of my hand........who DESTROYED YOUR TEAM and made you look foolish last year because he wasn't getting the ball. You really think he's cool with the wild cat packages........which reminds me----**** the Wildcat!! I already want Schottenheimer back! **** the Wildcat! Do the Patriots use the Wildcat?? Do the ******* Giants run the wildcat??

No wonder you were considered a joke to Peyton Manning. You start talking to hi9m about Morono and his famous wildcat??!! He ran for the ******* hills. Could you imagine him getting punked at the Manning dinner table during Christmas by his shrimp brother---- Eli-- "So, Peyton...(snickers looks at dad who also cant contain his laugh)..how's that wildcat coming over there? Peyton--"STFU!! I'll kick your a$$! Dad Tell him!..... Dad- "Ok settle down, P we're just messing with you." The wildcat, I'm gonna puke if I hear that crap again. Rex, what are you a defensive guru and an offensive Moron?

Now that I see you are as delusional and the Jets franchise is basically caught on the same exact loop as always and you are more than likely the next Mangini...who was the next Herminator...who was the next Carroll and so on.....I will sadly leave this forum to the trolls.....quite assured that when I return for training camp it will be unrecognizable. Wow, training camp...seems like yesterday we were on HardKnocks....the envy of the league, huh Big Guy? I don't understand, Rex......what did I do? tell me....I'll change!!! lmao Peace a$$hole

Easy kids. What did you expect him to say? "Oh, this trade? It totally blows. It will never work. Mark Sanchez is probably crying somewhere because he's about to be replaced by someone even worse than he is! Tim Tebow? The guys will HATE him! What a joke!"

Just please put an end to this entire f*cking regime. This is reaching Bradwards levels of embarrassment.

Oh no, we've successfully passed that level. While Rex hasn't quite reached the Edwards levels just yet, Tanny has flown straight past Bradway. For as much as a dipsh*t as he was, I don't exactly remember seeing Bradway running out to trade for Joey Harrington after the Lions realized what a pile of garbage he was. Even with the Winfield fiasco, it's not like it happened because he was too ******* stupid to actually read a damn contract.

http://www.nydailyne...we-already-have

BY Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan has embraced Tebowmania.

Less than 24 hours after the Jets traded for Tim Tebow, the Jets’ head coach discussed the dynamic between the Broncos’ former signal caller and incumbent Mark Sanchez.

“I look at it this way: We're incredibly fortunate to have a couple of quarterbacks with playoff wins,” Ryan told cbssports.com at LSU Pro Day on Thursday.

Yuk Yuk...you're so clever. You had that last year, assface....actually you lost a couple PO wins with the Tebow for Brunnell trade you dipsh*t.

“Why wouldn't you be? You're coming to the New York Jets,” Ryan said. “We have a lot of great players on our team.... We have a lot of positive things about us.”

Wow You went from cool and funny to just a plain a$$ clown. smh I just about finished with you, Ryan. I hope NE hands you your a$$ and for another you look the fat clown next to Belichek and Coughlin......Go eat some ice cream with woody and tannebum..that's about your crowd......the bratty rich, daddy's boys who haven't done sh*t for themselves. I have no doub that your attempt to catch a football would look very similar to your boss----ending up on your a$$. smh

Archived