• Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go ladies! And Jif

ny_u_ttebow3_sy_576.jpg

ESPN.com: New York Jets [Print without images]

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tebow heckled by fans

By Rich Cimini

Rich Barnes/US PresswireTim Tebow's first public practice was supposed to be a lovefest. Not so much.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- New York Jets fans caught the opening act of Tebow-mania at training camp Saturday, and it wasn't love at first sight.

Tim Tebow was heckled by a few loud fans during the Jets' first public practice, which drew an announced crowd of 2,588 on a rainy morning.

Click here to read the rest of the story.

ESPN.com: NFL [Print without images]

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tebow-mania falls on deaf ears

By Rich Cimini

ESPNNewYork.com

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- New York Jets fans caught the opening act of Tebow-mania at training camp Saturday, and it wasn't love at first sight.

Tim Tebow was heckled by a few loud fans during the Jets' first public practice, which drew an announced crowd of 2,588 on a rainy morning.

The overall reception was lukewarm at best, as the backup quarterback was anything but sharp during the 2½-hour session.

The reception from Jets fans Saturday for Tim Tebow was lukewarm at best, as the backup QB was anything but sharp during a 2½-hour training-camp session.

There was no sign of Tebow-mania. It was a pro-Mark Sanchez crowd.

The conditions were sloppy -- it rained heavily through most of practice -- but that didn't stop the fans from reacting to his bad throws.

The most compelling moments came early in practice, when Tebow and Sanchez, side by side in a passing drills, threw long balls to uncovered receivers. A few of Tebow's passes wobbled and hung up in the air, prompting groans from the crowd.

"Look, it was practice," said offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, downplaying Tebow's shaky day and the crowd reaction. "We're out here and, I mean that's why we're doing what we're doing. You're going to throw a bad one, you're going to throw three good ones, you're going to catch two of them and drop one of them, miss a block, whatever it is.

"The most important thing is to see how the guys battle back and watch them in that process. Tim and all the other guys out there are playing with a lot of passion."

Tebow created a YouTube moment at the end of practice. He jogged off the field -- shirtless in the driving rain -- providing fodder for a handful of photographers.

This is life with the Jets. For the third straight day, close to 100 media members covered practice.

Tebow, working exclusively with the second team, took 12 snaps in team drills. He completed only three of eight passes in the padless practice, taking a "sack" on a play in which he scrambled from one side of the field to the other.

The play seemed to take forever. As it unfolded, some fans screamed, "Throw the ball!"

When the play finally ended, one fan screamed, "That's why you're No. 2."

Jets blog

Looking for more on

the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Presumably, the fan meant Tebow's place on the depth chart.

Later, Tebow uncorked a wobbly, floating screen pass to tight end Josh Baker. By the time the ball reached Baker, he was surrounded by defenders.

Rex Ryan has emphasized that Sanchez is the clear-cut starter, but competition was palpable when Sanchez and Tebow, taking turns, launched deep passes in front of the bleachers.

It was almost like a 3-point shooting contest between two teammates. The crowd roared with every completion, as the two quarterbacks almost seemed like they were trying to outdo the other.

No doubt, the wet conditions contributed to the sloppy performance. In fact, there were several dropped passes.

"In this type of weather, it's hard conditions to play your A game," tight end Dustin Keller said. "But (the rain) could happen on a Sunday, and you have to be ready for it."

Tebow's best moment occurred near the end of practice, when, in a one-on-one drill, he connected with rookie receiver Stephen Hill on a 40-yard pass.

The crowd cheered. So did Sanchez, who clapped.

Oh, brother, here we go:

Oh, brother, here we go:

Jets: Why did Tim Tebow take his shirt off after Saturday's practice?

By Lisa Zimmerman | CBSSports.com

July 28, 2012 1:11 pm ET

1   |  Comment

Jets QB Mark Sanchez remained sharp during practice amid a rain storm on Saturday and the cheers he received from fans showed they were clearly behind him.

However, QB Tim Tebow still managed to be the story of the day by leaving the practice field well after the rest of his teammates...running shirtless in the downpour.

Tebow ran through the horde of media who were trying desperately to stay dry under two small

tents.

Why he took his shirt off remains unclear.

Coach Rex Ryan was rendered somewhat speechless when asked about it.

"I'm not quite there yet," he said with a laugh.

Stay dialed in on the New York Jets by following correspondent Lisa Zimmerman on Twitter @CBSSportsNFLNYJ.

Quite the mystery indeed, Lisa! Stay tuned sports fans! :yawn:

Rex to Kerley: "Step it up"

Updated: Jul 28, 2012 01:09 PM

By Kimberley A. Martin

Multiple Page View

A few days before the draft, Jeremy Kerley voiced his desire to be the Jets No. 2 receiver behind Santonio Holmes.

Well, it turns out the wideout could end up losing his slot receiver spot if he doesnt improve.

Rex Ryan a coach well-known for pumping up his players, even when they dont deserve it sent a clear message to Kerley through the media Saturday afternoon.

Jeremy needs to step it up. Cause quite honestly, I was a little disappointed in Jeremy in the offseason, Ryan said. Hes got to pick up this new system. Youve got to put the time in it.

As todays open practice began, Kerley was near one of the end zones, stretching out alongside tackle Jeff Otah, guard Terrence Campbell and safety LaRon Landry. The slot receiver wasnt wearing a uniform and didnt come close to any of the action.

Ryan confirmed Kerleys got a little bit of a hamstring issue the same injury that hobbled the former TCU wide receiver during minicamp. The Jets trainers dont think its a serious injury, but Ryan said Kerley likely will miss a week of practice.

The coach said physical effort has never been an issue for the wideout. But hes anxious to see his focus return.

Jeremys one of the hardest working guys Ive seen, Ryan said. Last year, I remember (general manager) Mike (Tannenbaum) challenged him to catch 250 balls a day. He does. And hell go back and catch 100 punts. Weve got to make sure we dial in and make sure the mental part of its there.

And its unfortunate. He had a setback. Weve got to be careful with it. We dont need this to be a reoccurring thing.

Asked who would be Kerley's replacement in the slot, the coach replied: "Well, Santonio clearly can be a slot receiver. You can put Tone anywhere. He can do it. And we've got guys pushing for those things. If that was the case you could put Chaz (Schilens) outside, you could put Patrick Turner outside. So there's different things.

"But clearly, you want Jeremy to be that guy. He did a good job for us last year as a slot receiver. He's got the makeup of a good slot receiver: a guy who's tough, a guy that can catch the football and obviously has unusual change of direction."

As the April draft approached, Kerley had a feeling the Jets would target another deep threat opposite Holmes. But in his heart, he believed he could be that complement. I hope I get it, Kerley said of the No. 2 spot left open by Plaxico Burress departure. Who wouldnt want to be the No. 2 receiver? But No. 3s all right, too. No. 3 catches the ball just as much.

Jets practice report: Crowd heckles Tebow

Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on myspaceShare on stumbleuponShare on diggShare on farkShare on redditShare on email|More Sharing ServicesMore Print

11:36 AM, July 28, 2012 ι By BRIAN COSTELLO

CORTLAND – Tebowmania did not amount to much at the first Jets training camp practice open to the public.

A rain-soaked crowd of a few thousand was not filled with Tebow fans. It even featured a few hecklers who gave Tebow a hard time about his passing. He exited the field shirtless, which is sure to cause a stir.

It was hard to evaluate the quarterbacks in a torrential downpour because there was a rash of dropped passes with the wet footballs.

Tebow completed 3-of-8 passes in 12 reps with a sack in team drills. He again looked like he was holding onto the ball too long and missed some short passes because of the arc on the ball. Fans chided Tebow to throw the ball and mocked him after a few incompletions.

Mark Sanchez had plenty of zip on his ball again. He completed 6-of-8 in 12 reps.

The quarterbacks were not available to the media.

LaRon Landry, who sat out the first day of training camp, did individual drills and participated in a handful of plays during the team portion of practice. Landry is recovering from an Achilles/foot issue that ended his 2011 season with the Redskins. Landry made a nice play to break up a Sanchez pass and was used on a few blitzes.

Wide receiver Jeremy Kerley did not practice. No reason was given by the Jets. Rex Ryan will address reporters later Saturday. Kerley had a hamstring issue in the spring.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_practice_report_crowd_heckles_Cs8Y2znLkLuP5p2lvOBSdO#ixzz21wOlFlHi

funny thing is, tebow will never have a good practice. his whole game is based on plays breaking down, scrambling, and making things happen on the fly. that style of play just doesn't translate to practice.

Where as Sanchez tends to breaks down in games. Maybe this really is a dream combo

gallery_5331_44_13644.jpgThe Jets took the field again today at SUNY Cortland and this time practiced in the rain.  The conditions were bad but that didn’t stop Mark Sanchez from standing out.  He took 16 snaps with the starters and was 6 of 8 when passing the ball.

LaRon Landry took the field today and Rex Ryan was impressed.

The first thing you look at is obviously the physical stature of him but you forget that the guy runs a 4.3 (forty yard dash time)

Rex added that he was impressed with the other projected starter at safety, Yeremiah Bell.

I mean when you see Yeremiah Bell, you see LaRon Landry, you added two Pro Bowl safeties to a pretty good defense. Albeit, with LaRon it’s clearly about his health. If he stays healthy, we know what we have. That’s a perennial Pro Bowl safety. Yeremiah Bell, I think, is one of the great moves in the offseason that I think was under the radar.

Aaron Maybin reportedly had two “sacks”.  The team was not in full pads, so sacks are a bit misleading when there is no contact.  Regardless, it is an encouraging sign as the Jets are counting on Maybin to progress and improve upon his 6 sack season last year.

Jeremy Kerley is going to be out for a week or so with a hamstring injury.  Rex Ryan criticized Kerley, which is rare for the player-friendly coach.

Jeremy (Kerley) needs to step it up, because quite honestly, I was a little disappointed in Jeremy this offseason.  He’s got to pick up this system, this new system.

On Sunday the Jets practice in full pads for the first time.  Here are some other notes from training camp:

• Caleb Shlauderaff was praised by Rex, but offensive lineman can not be graded when the team is not in pads.
  • Jeff Otah still has not passed his physical and Rex Ryan says it is up to the trainers to determine when he will take it again.
  • DeMario Davis has a hamstring injury and will not practice in pads on Sunday.
  • Antonio Cromartie will reportedly work at WR a bit this training camp.
  • Nick Folk and Josh Brown were both perfect (4   4) with their field goal attempts.

di
di

YBGbYJzqAj4

View the full article

funny thing is, tebow will never have a good practice. his whole game is based on plays breaking down, scrambling, and making things happen on the fly. that style of play just doesn't translate to practice.

Just tweeted this. Definitely agree with this 100% while they are in shells. Once they go to pads his scrambling becomes more of a factor. But it is still limited because he is wearing that red jersey.

Just tweeted this. Definitely agree with this 100% while they are in shells. Once they go to pads his scrambling becomes more of a factor. But it is still limited because he is wearing that red jersey.

Yeah, the fact that Tebow runs from the QB with the "hit someone" mentality that Sweetness had, changes everything they can no longer really do in practice with the new CBA.

Is it me or does that pic look like a fight is going on? And I though Robert Turner was on a different team this year. :D

Seems like it was a minor scuffle. :)

Landry and Baker got into it yesterday. Kinda like the fact that Landry gets in a scuffle his first day, but on the other hand, if he gets hurt fighting, he'll be dead to me. :cool:

Where is JeT's to spin the Tebow news when you need him? Tough day

Unlike some here, I actually still have a life so I don't post every single day, nor do I need to spread my football wisdome on every single thread that appears.

Just like I'm the only person who has ever put any 'spin' on what goes on day to day.... :animal0029:

But thanks anyway for keeping my name out there. :winking0001:

Two out of 3 passing with a 25 yard run as a bonus.

The Jets should probably dump Tebow right now, cause he's really not good for much on a football field....

=================

Peyton:

111 Indoor games - 230 TD's to 97 Ints. For a 2.37 to 1 Ratio

97 Outdoor games - 169 TD's to 101 Ints. For a 1.67 to 1 Ratio

208 Games - 399 TD's to 198 Ints. For an Overall 2.01 TD to Int Ratio

>>> In 2012 Peyton will have 15 Outdoor games with the donkey personal,,, so good luck to ya.... :winking0001:

------------------

Tebow with crap to throw to, had 20 TD's to 9 Ints with the donkeys for a 2.22 to 1 TD/Int Ratio <<<

================

Since 1991 there have been 21 NFL QB's that have had at least 6 rushing TD's in a season.

List all of the QB's that have had 6 rushing TD's in consecutive seasons in that span.

Hint: It's a really short list.

=================

Mark Sanchez, as an 'every advantage' 3 year Jet's starter is 28 - 20, for a 9.3-W's -- 6.7L Average.

Tim Tebow as a cold off the bench, lockout, cold off the bench backup is 9-7 W/L

So it's rather obvious that the way I 'SPIN' things, Tim will never be an NFL Quality QB..... :wild:

Unlike some here, I actually still have a life so I don't post every single day, nor do I need to spread my football wisdome on every single thread that appears.

Just like I'm the only person who has ever put any 'spin' on what goes on day to day.... :animal0029:

But thanks anyway for keeping my name out there. :winking0001:

What constitutes having a life? Cross posting the same tired bullsh*t like this on both Jets and Broncos message boards?

Two out of 3 passing with a 25 yard run as a bonus.

The Jets should probably dump Tebow right now, cause he's really not good for much on a football field....

=================

Peyton

111 Indoor games - 230 TD's to 97 Ints. For a 2.37 to 1 Ratio

97 Outdoor games - 169 TD's to 101 Ints. For a 1.67 to 1 Ratio

208 Games - 399 TD's to 198 Ints. For an Overall 2.01 TD to Int Ratio

>>> In 2012 Peyton will have 15 Outdoor games with the donkey personal,,, so good luck to ya.... :winking0001:

------------------

Tebow with crap to throw to, had 20 TD's to 9 Ints with the donkeys for a 2.22 to 1 TD/Int Ratio <<<

================

Since 1991 there have been 21 NFL QB's that have had at least 6 rushing TD's in a season.

List all of the QB's that have had 6 rushing TD's in consecutive seasons in that span.

Hint: It's a really short list.

=================

Mark Sanchez, as an 'every advantage' 3 year Jet's starter is 28 - 20, for a 9.3-W's -- 6.7L Average.

Tim Tebow as a cold off the bench, lockout, cold off the bench backup is 9-7 W/L

So it's rather obvious that the way I 'SPIN' things, Tim will never be an NFL Quality QB..... :wild:

Boring and irrelevant.

Archived