Generic Fantasy Mafia - Day 5 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhh, question, are we allowed to edit posts here? Because I didn't know that, and I saw Ape edited his post. I'm used to being unable to edit posts when I play mafia, so pardon my double-posts and such.

Anyhow... so, Ape, you're saying you wanted me to keep my vote on Smash (which was a jokevote in the first place) ... ? You want the train on him still? Why? And why are you defending Leelou so much? I wouldn't call my vote on her useless.

You're jumping for my D1 lynch hastily, too. Do I scare you?

This is kind of ugly. I have plenty of substance to back it up if you want to ask me for it, but basically what I mean is that some people took Wombat's 'hinting' way too seriously, like you. If other people can't see that, I have no idea how I could make it any more blatant, but I can try.

Then you proceed to explain your case using subtle self-meta, which is shaky to me, but I do understand the argument between you two when I read through it. I find Leelou much scummier than you, anyhow. I haven't even voted you. Why are you so worried?

For the record, since I'm new, I know absolutely no meta here. I'm pointing out what I think is suspicious. Sue me.

I don't even know what "hinting" you are referring to. You are talking out of your ass. I voted Wombat for voting one person for an offense, but not someone else for the same offense.

As for the bold. If you can't understand what I'm pointing out about the nuance of you pushing my train with FOS, while voting someone else... you aren't ready to play here. That is blatant scum post.

Smash can wait. I'm about to extend my reputation for D1 scum lynches.

Unvote

Vote Levity

If she flips scum, then look at Smash as this subtle push of my train and vote on Leelou was a clear post designed to push momentum in 2 directions not named Smash. Also go to Crusher, because he dropped that faggy "don't vote her it's her first day" bullsh*t in the midst of not one serious post the rest of D1.

Yes, I know I'm not supposed to be trying to solve it all in one move. I feel Levity's post is subtle and agenda-driven enough to justify her lynch. The rest of what I'm saying is the case for her being an informative lynch.

I've also played with you before, Levity. I'm John McClane on DM. Also called Ape by most people there.

Caught up.

unvote

Not sure what to make of all the nonsense so far. Smash seemed smelly to me and I think Ape spun wombats case in a direction that didn't make much sense. Good part of all of that is we are getting some interesting reactions.

Vote Levity, then help me dominate all over Smash and Crusher's faces!!!

Personally this is my analysis:

Ape doing his ape thing of rattling cages. I believe he's off on wombat. Smash smells to me because his play is un-smash like. A little more loose gooey and joking. Not sure if he got a crap role or is telegraphing that he's changing play styles.

What I gathered from this mos recent exchange is Leelou. She played follow the ape on smash. Is nudging the ape to go after levity, yet as of this moment has not voted her.

Levity seems like she's got tunnel vision for LL. been on her ass since her vote on Smash

Vote Leelou

I don't even know what "hinting" you are referring to. You are talking out of your ass. I voted Wombat for voting one person for an offense, but not someone else for the same offense.

As for the bold. If you can't understand what I'm pointing out about the nuance of you pushing my train with FOS, while voting someone else... you aren't ready to play here. That is blatant scum post.

Smash can wait. I'm about to extend my reputation for D1 scum lynches.

Unvote

Vote Levity

If she flips scum, then look at Smash as this subtle push of my train and vote on Leelou was a clear post designed to push momentum in 2 directions not named Smash. Also go to Crusher, because he dropped that faggy "don't vote her it's her first day" bullsh*t in the midst of not one serious post the rest of D1.

Yes, I know I'm not supposed to be trying to solve it all in one move. I feel Levity's post is subtle and agenda-driven enough to justify her lynch. The rest of what I'm saying is the case for her being an informative lynch.

I've also played with you before, Levity. I'm John McClane on DM. Also called Ape by most people there.

I think what you're missing is LL massaging you to go after levity and let you do the dirty work. That's a classic scum play around here IMO.

Uhh, question, are we allowed to edit posts here? Because I didn't know that, and I saw Ape edited his post. I'm used to being unable to edit posts when I play mafia, so pardon my double-posts and such.

Anyhow... so, Ape, you're saying you wanted me to keep my vote on Smash (which was a jokevote in the first place) ... ? You want the train on him still? Why? And why are you defending Leelou so much? I wouldn't call my vote on her useless.

You're jumping for my D1 lynch hastily, too. Do I scare you?

I'm not defending Leelou. I'm not saying I want you to keep your vote on Smash. You are putting words in my mouth.

What I am doing is I'm pointing out that while Smash is the vote leader, you moved your vote to Leelou - and FOS'ed me. Essentially pushing the second leading vote getter (me), and tying Leelou with me, which creates two new momentum paths in one post by you. Or at least attempts to.

That post was designed to move things away from Smash, in a subtle manner. IMO

Also, I'm not buying that you don't comprehend what I'm explaining, thus making your defense EXTREMELY scummy because you are trying to convolute and put words in my mouth.

I've made my case. Not going to beg people to follow me, I'm feeling really good about this read. REally good.

I think what you're missing is LL massaging you to go after levity and let you do the dirty work. That's a classic scum play around here IMO.

I picked up on it. However, I feel better about the read on Levity than I do that Leelou would try get behind the Ape. She's seen me nail more scum doing that in recent games than scum has been successful with it. Either way, one more reason Levity is an informative lynch, imo.

I like your hypocrisy there.

Hi, John.

I still think Leelou is scummier than you are. You read my post the wrong way, unfortunately.

If you aren't purposely convoluting the meaning of my posts, then you are really ****ing dumb. I'm trying to be very clear with my explanations, and you are acting impossibly thickheaded.

Not buying it. You are doing the "I hear what I want because it serves my defense" thing. Like cornered scum does when they stick their neck out too far.

I picked up on it. However, I feel better about the read on Levity than I do that Leelou would try get behind the Ape. She's seen me nail more scum doing that in recent games than scum has been successful with it. Either way, one more reason Levity is an informative lynch, imo.

I'm willing to go there but I think LL is informative at this point as well.

Tells us about levity and smash IMO. If she did a "follow the ape" on smash, I think that's indicating a bus vote.

I'm not defending Leelou. I'm not saying I want you to keep your vote on Smash. You are putting words in my mouth.

What I am doing is I'm pointing out that while Smash is the vote leader, you moved your vote to Leelou - and FOS'ed me. Essentially pushing the second leading vote getter (me), and tying Leelou with me, which creates two new momentum paths in one post by you. Or at least attempts to.

That post was designed to move things away from Smash, in a subtle manner. IMO

Also, I'm not buying that you don't comprehend what I'm explaining, thus making your defense EXTREMELY scummy because you are trying to convolute and put words in my mouth.

I've made my case. Not going to beg people to follow me, I'm feeling really good about this read. REally good.

Responding to this in bits.

You're misreading me, again. I never tried to put words in your mouth, actually--rather, this is how I've been personally interpreting your actions. You're being a hypocrite (again) because if misreading someone's intentions is 'putting words in one's mouth,' you're doing the same thing to me right now. I don't like that.

I'm asking why my vote on Leelou seems to have you so rattled, in my eyes. I'm also thinking that you were really eager for Smash's lynch and now you're disgruntled because I've turned my attention elsewhere.

I didn't exactly FOS you, either. I was looking for a reaction. If I said I was FOS'ing you, I would say it. I don't like your behavior now though.

Ape, this is the post I'm referring to. In response to your initial launch at levity. Like I said, just looking at other side.

Yes, I'm aware of it. Like I said, I've got Levity on the ping, and can extrapolate her alignment to potential cases on Smash and Crusher... if Levity flips town, then yeah, looks like a get behind the Ape scenario and we can string up Leelou tomorrow.

I agree with what you see though, just don't have as much faith in it as I do my read on Levity's posts.

Responding to this in bits.

You're misreading me, again. I never tried to put words in your mouth, actually--rather, this is how I've been personally interpreting your actions. You're being a hypocrite (again) because if misreading someone's intentions is 'putting words in one's mouth,' you're doing the same thing to me right now. I don't like that.

I'm asking why my vote on Leelou seems to have you so rattled, in my eyes. I'm also thinking that you were really eager for Smash's lynch and now you're disgruntled because I've turned my attention elsewhere.

I didn't exactly FOS you, either. I was looking for a reaction. If I said I was FOS'ing you, I would say it. I don't like your behavior now though.

No. You literally put words in my mouth. You said I wanted you to keep your vote on Smash. I didn't say that. You said I was defending Leelou, clearly I am not.

You can FOS someone without literally typing out FOS.

This explanation is bordering on retarded. Seriously.

Vic trying to pull my attention away from you makes you even more informative. You are the best lynch of this day phase. Easily.

If you aren't purposely convoluting the meaning of my posts, then you are really ****ing dumb. I'm trying to be very clear with my explanations, and you are acting impossibly thickheaded.

Not buying it. You are doing the "I hear what I want because it serves my defense" thing. Like cornered scum does when they stick their neck out too far.

You don't have to buy my defense. But it's still my defense.

Jump to personal insults to rattle me because you can't think of another way to attack me. Haha.

I like this new, calmer, let-the-game-come-to-him Ape.

Can't tell if serious.

Anyway, weight in whenever you feel compelled to. You'd better say something about Levity soon though, or you won't be able to ride my coattails to taking credit if she does flip scum.

I think I've said all I need to there. Her defense is terribly scummy. Levity is informative on many levels as I've explained, and she actually made a seemingly agenda-driven subtle play to push momentum away from Smash and onto Leelou and I.

The rest of you can be the judges.

I think this Ape V Levity nonsense reeks of 2 pseudo-intellectuals trying to return each others serve. I'm not particularly intrigued by either because it wouldn't behoove scum to engage in a 4 page circular argument this early on.

I've got my eyes on the people laying back and watching this transpire.

Unvote

Vote JiF

Ape, this is the post I'm referring to. In response to your initial launch at levity. Like I said, just looking at other side.

I wasn't intending to push Ape into voting anyone. I was agreeing and also getting annoyed that she is so focused on me.

You don't have to buy my defense. But it's still my defense.

Jump to personal insults to rattle me because you can't think of another way to attack me. Haha.

Defenses usually address accusations. You aren't doing that. You are instead putting words in my mouth and trying to redirect the focus as if I'm the one being questioned.

Don't overreact to the personal insults, its part of how we post and certainly has nothing to do with trying to rattle you. I don't need to attack you. My case speaks for itself, and your pathetic defense does nothing but indict you further.

Keep flailing though...

I think this Ape V Levity nonsense reeks of 2 pseudo-intellectuals trying to return each others serve. I'm not particularly intrigued by either because it wouldn't behoove scum to engage in a 4 page circular argument this early on.

I've got my eyes on the people laying back and watching this transpire.

Unvote

Vote JiF

Levity lynch just keeps becoming more informative. Vic at least came up with a good reason not to support my case on her, yours reeks...

Don't overreact to the personal insults, its part of how we post and certainly has nothing to do with trying to rattle you. I don't need to attack you. My case speaks for itself, and your pathetic defense does nothing but indict you further.

I just think it's funny because the personal insults are fluffy and not really game-related, so they don't really count in your argument, but you make your posts look like more than they are by including them in there. As if you don't have anything else left to say so you resort to that to make it seem like you still have more material to present in your case when you really don't.

Yeah, I dunno, this back-and-forth thing isn't really going to get anything solved, but look at the discussion it's brewing! I was getting worried when we had maybe twelve pages but little actual game content in them.

Levity lynch just keeps becoming more informative. Vic at least came up with a good reason not to support my case on her, yours reeks...

haha.. because I don't agree with your "case" I reek.

the more things change...

I just think it's funny because the personal insults are fluffy and not really game-related, so they don't really count in your argument, but you make your posts look like more than they are by including them in there. As if you don't have anything else left to say so you resort to that to make it seem like you still have more material to present in your case when you really don't.

Yeah, I dunno, this back-and-forth thing isn't really going to get anything solved, but look at the discussion it's brewing! I was getting worried when we had maybe twelve pages but little actual game content in them.

LOL, my case has been made. I've stated it like 5-6 times already... you haven't addressed any of it. Instead you've put words in my mouth, and chosen to bicker about personal insults as a distraction tactic (like Wombat chose to avoid my case and bicker about PR dumb sh*t earlier).

If you were town, scum would be lining up behind me voting you by now. The fact that I'm sitting here annoyed nobody is following me, makes me more confident in my case.

Why do you think she's so focused on you?

Because I'm cute?

She's been saying I'm acting strange. And her first post after waking up:

Well, I just read through them all.

It's funny how you were afraid to be on a wagon a few pages back, and now you're completely eager to hop on top of one, Leelou.

And she tried to use my initial unvoting of smash from when he took over for 80 as being afraid to be on a wagon. Then she said I took wombat too seriously - I still don't know what she is talking about there. I voted him for his No Lynch vote.

So the question is- do you believe her to be scum or not.

Not sure yet.

haha.. because I don't agree with your "case" I reek.

the more things change...

Not that you don't agree. I don't care if you agree, it strikes me odd that you are avoiding a side or opinion, and choosing a lame "I'll put my vote on an inactive" route instead.

That's all.

LOL, my case has been made. I've stated it like 5-6 times already... you haven't addressed any of it. Instead you've put words in my mouth, and chosen to bicker about personal insults as a distraction tactic (like Wombat chose to avoid my case and bicker about PR dumb sh*t earlier).

If you were town, scum would be lining up behind me voting you by now. The fact that I'm sitting here annoyed nobody is following me, makes me more confident in my case.

Your case is missing one thing:

salient points.

Votecount

Smash - Leelou, JVOR, Verbal, Vicious (4)

Ape - CTM, Wombat (2)

Leelou - Jetscode1, Levity (2)

Jetscode1 - Dan (1)

JiF - Pac (1)

Wombat - JiF (1)

Levity - Ape (1)

Not Voting: Crusher, Smash (2)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: Saturday @ 5AM PST

Cool. I'm going to bed. Insert comment about not caring if you follow me, only matters if I'm right. This isn't a see how people react situation. This is me catching scum on D1... and failing once again to lead the lynch.

Smash, Crusher, Vic and Pac, as well as Leelou and I have all now had informative interaction with Levity. Levity made a subtle scummy move to derail Smash's train, and has since avoided defending in lieu of clearly putting words in my mouth and trying to bicker about insults as a distraction.

I'm happy to see her go. If not, I guess I'd go back to Smash.

Not that you don't agree. I don't care if you agree, it strikes me odd that you are avoiding a side or opinion, and choosing a lame "I'll put my vote on an inactive" route instead.

That's all.

There are 2 things I'm taking away from it...

1) you're probably town because for you to start up where you left off last game as scum would be ridiculous

2) Levity keeps responding despite the fact that your case isn't getting any traction. That could be jumpy scum or just someone new who wants to show she's not going to be bullied. being new here I could easily see the latter being the case.

My mind is like a steel trap.. I will remember everything - don't worry.

Archived