Generic Fantasy Mafia - Day 5 (Game Over)

Nolder

Your case is missing one thing:

salient points.

lol, you schmuck.

It isn't though. Was hoping you and I could tag team this bitch and cement our legend status... seems you are playing to avoid a position though, not a signature of scum hunting imo. No FOS for you yet, but not as tuned into what you are up to as I usually am.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 2 things I'm taking away from it...

1) you're probably town because for you to start up where you left off last game as scum would be ridiculous

2) Levity keeps responding despite the fact that your case isn't getting any traction. That could be jumpy scum or just someone new who wants to show she's not going to be bullied. being new here I could easily see the latter being the case.

My mind is like a steel trap.. I will remember everything - don't worry.

That's more like it.

That's more like it.

If anything I like the Smash case more but it's early yet.. he was engaging in that which he usually condemns with his day 1 banter. It'll be easier for me to hash it out when the inevitable train on me starts and I can see whose votes are legitimate and whose are opportunistic.

I'm probably going to bed, too. I'll be back in the morning. Watch me sleep through another eight pages or so

Not much else to say. I would watch out for coasters, as in, people coasting the game at this point. When sh*t explodes, I notice players tend to ignore the actual scum taking cover to watch and paying too close attention to the commotion. I saw this at DM a lot, anyway. They wouldn't let anyone get away with that sh*t at SF.

If anything I like the Smash case more but it's early yet.. he was engaging in that which he usually condemns with his day 1 banter. It'll be easier for me to hash it out when the inevitable train on me starts and I can see whose votes are legitimate and whose are opportunistic.

Yep. I know I came in not wanting to do the whole connect-the-dots, solve it all in one fell swoop, but this is a circumstance where it's not my "creative imagination". Smash case was solid, Levity's post seems like well-timed subtle move to divert some attention and cast lines on me and Leelou to see if she could get traction.

Scum play 101.

Lots of people not contributing, but of those that are, this is the most glaring nugget of info on D1 by a long shot, so lynch either of them seems to make sense to me.

Yep. I know I came in not wanting to do the whole connect-the-dots, solve it all in one fell swoop, but this is a circumstance where it's not my "creative imagination". Smash case was solid, Levity's post seems like well-timed subtle move to divert some attention and cast lines on me and Leelou to see if she could get traction.

Scum play 101.

Lots of people not contributing, but of those that are, this is the most glaring nugget of info on D1 by a long shot, so lynch either of them seems to make sense to me.

I saw the diversion from smash aspect of your case on levity but that doesn't make sense to me. I feel like Smash would fight his own battles rather than allow someone else, especially a new female player, to try and take heat off him.

The only way that makes sense is if their scummates and Smash has a high powered role. The odds that you managed to pull that off in less than 12 hours is highly unlikely. I like to let things marinate on day 1. Lately I've been catching people at the tail end of the day rather than right out of the gates.

I saw the diversion from smash aspect of your case on levity but that doesn't make sense to me. I feel like Smash would fight his own battles rather than allow someone else, especially a new female player, to try and take heat off him.

The only way that makes sense is if their scummates and Smash has a high powered role. The odds that you managed to pull that off in less than 12 hours is highly unlikely. I like to let things marinate on day 1. Lately I've been catching people at the tail end of the day rather than right out of the gates.

While what you say makes sense here at JN, it could be that Levity acted on her own trying to help a scum mate.

On DM a play like that to bail out a fellow scum mate is routine, I've caught more scum over there on plays like that than I can count. The townies there don't have the nose to sniff it out, and the scum teams play panicky about any of them getting heat and feel they need to help each other.

Either way, the day is far from over...

At this stage I think it's best to get everyone's comments. Let's not let inactives get away without

contributing. Pretty standard for myself, ape, and PAC to be out in front. I'd like to hear from Dan, JVOR and JC

Would like to hear from Crusher other than joke votes. Smash too. I know CTM said he's bailing on the game, but is he really? He needs to weigh in also... don't want him chiming in on D3 that he avoided heat that long and isn't getting replaced.

ahh yes I am super powered !!!

Votecount

Smash - Leelou, JVOR, Verbal, Vicious (4)

Leelou - Jetscode1, Levity, Wombat (3)

Ape - CTM (1)

Jetscode1 - Dan (1)

JiF - Pac (1)

Wombat - JiF (1)

Levity - Ape (1)

Not Voting: Crusher, Smash (2)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: Saturday @ 5AM PST

While what you say makes sense here at JN, it could be that Levity acted on her own trying to help a scum mate.

On DM a play like that to bail out a fellow scum mate is routine, I've caught more scum over there on plays like that than I can count. The townies there don't have the nose to sniff it out, and the scum teams play panicky about any of them getting heat and feel they need to help each other.

Either way, the day is far from over...

Apes do have good sense of smell.

Not really sure what I be thinking so far. Your little analysis of levity is interesting and this is one time I actually know what you mean. They tend to be more loyal to their scum team their as opposed to here were we pride ourselves on bussing our scum mates and using them as end game fodder. Still not too keen on lynching a JN newbie day 1 but definately something to watch.

vote Leelou

Competing trains FTW

Levity is a lot better than DM players, so metaing her based on what DM players do is kinda suspect imo.

Thanks.

Way to ignore the part of the case that is meaningful, and defending her based on the unprovable meta part of the conversation.

So gaype's already caught 2 scum eh?

I won't be around a lot tomorrow, and don't have a serious vote to sit on for the day.. so going to unvote

My only semi ping so far was JC, but it didn't last

Maybe, mabye not... my case is more about Levity's isolated play, and the potential information gained in her lynch. Given how many people have now reacted.

Apes do have good sense of smell.

Not really sure what I be thinking so far. Your little analysis of levity is interesting and this is one time I actually know what you mean. They tend to be more loyal to their scum team their as opposed to here were we pride ourselves on bussing our scum mates and using them as end game fodder. Still not too keen on lynching a JN newbie day 1 but definately something to watch.

vote Leelou

Competing trains FTW

So your whole post agrees with my case on Levity, part of which is Levity ties to Smash, then you vote for the same person Levity is voting? And tie Leelou's train up with Smash's?

I agree competing trains = good.

Surprised you went with the Leelou vote though, and not Smash, given you clearly said you understand my case on Levity.

I don't really take much from the Wombat vs. Ape exchange. But then again I don't take much of anything this early on Day one. Haven't been enough posts/votes to get anything going in my opinion. I'm happy enough with my vote on Smash for now. Will think about whether I want to stay there as the day progresses.

Boo.

You really haven't been around in a while. Ignore CTM's jabs... I catch scum on D1, I see them and call them out. I struggle to get them lynched sometimes, but not always.

I was at the heart and soul (meaning I didn't do it alone, but drove most of the cases) on hot streak of D1 scum lynches between here and DM a couple months back. It was the best I've played. I've been reverting a bit with all the wedding, travel, medical sh*t going on in my life lately, but for a while there D1's were my sh*t.

Only reason I don't want to move off Levity at this point is that nobody has run up behind me there. When I moved to Wombat and Smash, momentum moved with me "get behind Ape" style. I move to Levity and I'm on my own I guess... think I'm on to something I do.

I've got a heavy workload today, and not sure why I'm even awake yet. I'll be around later. It's time for other people to do some talking, I had time to be chatty last night, but I don't want to overwhelm the game like last game.

Votecount

Leelou - Jetscode1, Levity, Wombat, Crusher (4)

Jetscode1 - Dan (1)

JiF - Pac (1)

Wombat - JiF (1)

Levity - Ape (1)

Not Voting: Smash, CTM (2)

Boo.

You really haven't been around in a while. Ignore CTM's jabs... I catch scum on D1, I see them and call them out. I struggle to get them lynched sometimes, but not always.

I was at the heart and soul (meaning I didn't do it alone, but drove most of the cases) on hot streak of D1 scum lynches between here and DM a couple months back. It was the best I've played. I've been reverting a bit with all the wedding, travel, medical sh*t going on in my life lately, but for a while there D1's were my sh*t.

I'm not saying that you can't do what you are doing, I just personally like to see a bigger sample of decisions and posts to gauge intent and motives. That's just how I like to scumhunt.

Rattling cages IS helpful for me to gauging reactions though so by all means go ahead.

Votecount

Leelou - Jetscode1, Levity, Wombat, Crusher (4)

Jetscode1 - Dan (1)

JiF - Pac (1)

Wombat - JiF (1)

Levity - Ape (1)

Not Voting: Smash, CTM (2)

I thought Vic was voting for me?

Archived