Most Overrated Teams going into the 2012 NFL Season!!

BlackDynamite

I have the Bills, Packers and Eagles

The Bills are the new sexy playoff pick over at ESPN, but they are mentally weak, gave up 140 yards a game last year in run defense, and have lost 5 of their last six to the Jets, so they have A LOT to prove

The Pack saw the Giants come to town, and melted like an empty cheese suit

And every year the Eagles are supposed to be great, and they depend on a lightweight at QB, who runs his way onto the injury report every season

BD

I think if the Eagles put it together this season they'll own the NFC East. I'm not sold on the Giants.

People are picking the Bills but sadly I think we're looking at another New England AFC East title. Until the Bills prove themselves, I'm picking the Patriots every time.

San Fran. Considering how much people like the crap on the jets for having this outdated "ground and pound mentality", San Fran should be no better.

The Niners had a significantly better running game than the Jets last year, and they improved their passing game by signing Mario Manningham from the Gnats as well as Randy Moss rather than ignoring their obvious weaknesses, unlike the Jets. Obviously, the Niners are NOT attempting to turn the clock back to 1985 like the Jets seem to want to do, which is why they are NOT being criticized for being a team that likes to run.

FTR, they actually have some playmakers on offense, too:

Alex Smith >>>>> Mark Sanchez

Frank Gore >>>>>>>>>> Shonn Greene

Vernon Davis >>>>> Dustin Keller

Mario Manningham >>> Santonio Holmes

Michael Crabtree >>> Jeremy Kerley

Randy Moss >>> Steven Hill

The Niners had a significantly better running game than the Jets last year, and they improved their passing game by signing Mario Manningham from the Gnats as well as Randy Moss rather than ignoring their obvious weaknesses, unlike the Jets. Obviously, the Niners are NOT attempting to turn the clock back to 1985 like the Jets seem to want to do, which is why they are NOT being criticized for being a team that likes to run.

This reads like one of those position-by-position rundowns that "proves" we're better than the Patriots. Harbaugh is great, but their defensive numbers aren't sustainable and their schedule is significantly more difficult this season. Go play in traffic.

This reads like one of those position-by-position rundowns that "proves" we're better than the Patriots. Harbaugh is great, but their defensive numbers aren't sustainable and their schedule is significantly more difficult this season. Go play in traffic.

lol - no way they have a season definsively like they did last year. No way. San Fran comes back to earth this season. Right around 9 wins IMO but thats probably good enough to win that sh*tty division.

Other teams over hyped:

Bills

Giants

Steelers

Detroit

Wait are you saying the Niners hae better talent than the Jets ?? For shame . I mean according to JF80 the Saints barely have more talent than us its all about the QB.

Wait are you saying the Niners hae better talent than the Jets ?? For shame . I mean according to JF80 the Saints barely have more talent than us its all about the QB.

Actually, this is pretty much the case according to everyone. If you want to make a case that Marques Colston is the reason why the Saints are SB contenders every year, go right ahead.

Now back to the Question who is over rated.

1. The Giants - When healthy their DL is the best in the NFL 2 times in the past 5 years they have been fully healthy and both times it happened late in the season and won them a SB both times. I dont think they will stay healthy and other than those 5 to 5 guys this defense stinks

2. Packers - Will win a lot of games again because they have an explosive Offense but thier defense is garbage and that will kill them in the playoffs. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL but if he has a bad game this team cant take up the slack as evidenced vs the giants last year.

3. Eagles - This team will never win a SB with Vick at QB ,,, NEVER. Best thing that can happen to them is Vick gets hurt early and Edwards takes over then I give them a chance cause this guy can flat out play.

Vernon Davis and Dustin Keller had identical stats last year. Keller is now just as good, whether you admit it or not.....

BD

Stephen

and Stephen Hill had as many catches in the NFL as Randy Moss last season.

Holmes had more catches, yards and TD's than Mario Manningham last year.

Am I doing this right????

2011 Saints: Went 13-3, won NFC South (check)

2010 Saints: 11-5, Wild card (check)

2009 Saints: 13-3, won Super Bowl (check)

2008 Saints: 8-8, missed playoffs (Oh man, you got me there!)

I'd say a team that's won double-digit games each of the last 3 years and, you know, WON A SUPER BOWL is about as close to a SB contender year in and year out as you can get. Hell, its a model of consistency, the Sean Payton suspension notwithstanding.

Actually, this is pretty much the case according to everyone. If you want to make a case that Marques Colston is the reason why the Saints are SB contenders every year, go right ahead.

Nope not just Colston at all. You make light of the Saints backs because they play by comittee but thats by design Thomas, Sproles, Ingram are the best all around backfield in the NFL by far. They also have what some consider to be the best TE in the NFL I happen to think its Gronk but when they are this good WTF is the difference really ? The other receivers whom you call Borderline JAGS like Henderson and Moore may not put up the huge numbers but they certainly are clutch and Moores only drawback is the guy is nuts over the middle and takes to many big hits and deals with injury. How you even think about comparing this bunch to the Jets is borderline crazy 80 . They are a well coached offense that use all the pieces in place the Jets could only wish they had that type of situation.

Nope not just Colston at all. You make light of the Saints backs because they play by comittee but thats by design Thomas, Sproles, Ingram are the best all around backfield in the NFL by far. They also have what some consider to be the best TE in the NFL I happen to think its Gronk but when they are this good WTF is the difference really ? The other receivers whom you call Borderline JAGS like Henderson and Moore may not put up the huge numbers but they certainly are clutch and Moores only drawback is the guy is nuts over the middle and takes to many big hits and deals with injury. How you even think about comparing this bunch to the Jets is borderline crazy 80 . They are a well coached offense that use all the pieces in place the Jets could only wish they had that type of situation.

Man, call me crazy, but I still say the guy that's thrown for 5,000 yards twice in the last 4 years (once pre-Graham) is by far the # 1 factor in that offense. I know, crazy right?

Can't imagine what'll happen if they ever lose Devery Henderson or Pierre Thomas though. MAH GOD.

I guess you'd say that if you put Sanchez on New Orleans they'd still be a top 5 offense?

I dont think the Saints are considered a Super Bowl contender this year(at least to me). They're an extraordinary home team. The defense is awful though. Get them outside of the dome and they're beatable.

They lost to friggin 7-9 Seattle two years ago in the playoffs.

Now back to the Question who is over rated.

1. The Giants - When healthy their DL is the best in the NFL 2 times in the past 5 years they have been fully healthy and both times it happened late in the season and won them a SB both times. I dont think they will stay healthy and other than those 5 to 5 guys this defense stinks

2. Packers - Will win a lot of games again because they have an explosive Offense but thier defense is garbage and that will kill them in the playoffs. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL but if he has a bad game this team cant take up the slack as evidenced vs the giants last year.

3. Eagles - This team will never win a SB with Vick at QB ,,, NEVER. Best thing that can happen to them is Vick gets hurt early and Edwards takes over then I give them a chance cause this guy can flat out play.

Seriously???? Mark Sanchez is Capn Checkdown 2.0 because Trent Edwards is Capn Checkdown 1.0!!!! Every crappy thing that Sanchez still does after 50+ starts, Edwards did first! He's strictly a backup QB ... a team can win a few games with him at QB as long as they aren't facing a good defense, and especially NOT a good 3-4 defense. The dude cannot make pre-snap reads to save his own life ... and he loves to throw 3 yard passes on third-and-tens!

I dont think the Saints are considered a Super Bowl contender this year(at least to me). They're an extraordinary home team. The defense is awful though. Get them outside of the dome and they're beatable.

I've actually seen a couple of analysts pick them to win that division and maybe go to the SB.

Man, call me crazy, but I still say the guy that's thrown for 5,000 yards twice in the last 3 years (once pre-Graham) is by far the # 1 factor in that offense. I know, crazy right?

Can't imagine what'll happen if they ever lose Devery Henderson or Pierre Thomas though. MAH GOD.

Geez 80 Im not trying to take anything away from Brees why are you trying to make it sound like I am ?? Brees is a big part of that offense but hes had similar players around him for years Moore Henderson Thomas Colston Sproles played with him in SD its easy to add 1 or 2 guys to that mix and its why Graham had such a big impact so fast hes stepped into an established offense .... What have the Jets established and who has been on this roster for Sanchez his first 3 years ? Greene and Keller ?

Just because a team stumbles occassionally in the postseason doesn't mean they're any less of a contender. I didn't say they're the best team in the game, just a SB contender. When you consider that they've gone 37-11 the last 3 years and won a Super Bowl, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Archived