Mike and Mike this morning with Rex and Tanny

whodeawhodat

Seems like they are putting a number on the snaps that Tebow will take from Sanchez. 10-20% when all is said and done which amounts to about 100-200 snaps for the year. Sounds more like a minimum number seeing as if Sanchez is struggling they use the Tebow package more during a game. I wonder if they would use it less if Sanchez is rolling.

I just thought it was interesting because it seemed like they would use him in certain situations that would come up approx 5 times a game. By saying that he will play 6-12 times a game as QB, that would seem to be much more than situational game scenarios. Definately more than a "back up" QB with some added value which is what I have been viewing Tebow as. This season will be interesting to say the least.

I just thought it was interesting because it seemed like they would use him in certain situations that would come up approx 5 times a game. By saying that he will play 6-12 times a game as QB, that would seem to be much more than situational game scenarios. Definately more than a "back up" QB with some added value which is what I have been viewing Tebow as. This season will be interesting to say the least.

They never said at QB.

I am pretty sure tanny did. he said something to the effect "Sanchez will get the lions share of the snaps, 80-90%".

They're just throwing numbers out there. If Sanchez is playing well and the offense is moving the ball, Tebow will see very little action. If Sanchez is struggling, he'll see extended action.

They're just throwing numbers out there. If Sanchez is playing well and the offense is moving the ball, Tebow will see very little action. If Sanchez is struggling, he'll see extended action.

Thats my whole point slats. Then we now have no clear #1 QB as has been said all along. We have a "who has the hotter hand" with Sanchez getting the first shot at moving the offense.

Thats my whole point slats. Then we now have no clear #1 QB as has been said all along. We have a "who has the hotter hand" with Sanchez getting the first shot at moving the offense.

This could not be more untrue man. You misunderstood them.

Tebow will be in for more snaps but it does not necessarily mean at QB. You're gonna see both on field at same time with Tebow all over.

This is such a joke.

I am so disgusted with this whole Tebow thing.

The Jets needed to find out this year whether or not Sanchez can be their QB.

By not addressing the Oline, nor bringing in any new weapons, and now bringing in Tebow, this is a sure sign that Sanchez will fail.

They should have given him the season without the nonsense that is coming every time he throws an incomplete pass, which will be chants and calls for Tebow.

With no protection, no WR's, no runnng game, and Tebow, we should just get it over with, start Tebow, go 8-8, release Sanchez, and sit in mediocrity for the next 5 years.

But maybe Woody will sell some more tix in the meantime.

I am so disgusted by this nonsense.

Seems like they are putting a number on the snaps that Tebow will take from Sanchez. 10-20% when all is said and done which amounts to about 100-200 snaps for the year. Sounds more like a minimum number seeing as if Sanchez is struggling they use the Tebow package more during a game. I wonder if they would use it less if Sanchez is rolling.

Seems to me one Mike is getting Botox injections on the lips while the other Mike is getting Colon blow....just saying

This could not be more untrue man. You misunderstood them.

Tebow will be in for more snaps but it does not necessarily mean at QB. You're gonna see both on field at same time with Tebow all over.

i think you misunderstood. Headline from the NJ Star Ledger "Mark Sanchez will see 80-90 percent of the playing time at QB, Mike Tannenbaum says". I thought, as you did(I think) that he could be on the field for more plays just not as QB but the whole conversation talks about Mark getting the "lions share" of snaps at QB. Much different IMO than saying that Mark is the QB and Tebow is the back up. That is a huge difference in my understanding and this is even before the first snap of the season...

UPDATED

Just a quick note before practice: Jets head coach Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum were on ESPN's Mike and Mike this morning. Tannenbaum had some interesting things to say, but the most telling was a percentage he placed on the number of snaps Mark Sanchez is in line to get.

Tannenbaum said that when the numbers are added up at season's end, Sanchez will have between 80 and 90 percent of the snaps or what he referred to as the "lion's share."

jets_logo.jpg
MORE COVERAGE OF JETS FOOTBALL

Free Jets mobile app from NJ.com

Jets stories and columns

Jets photos

Jets videos

"In terms of, if that gives us the best match-up on that play, that's the play we're going to run," Tannenbaum said. "But again, Mark's going to be on the field for the lion's share. You guys will see. His playing time will be 80-90 percent over the 16 games. He's clearly our quarterback."

According to Pro Football Reference, the Jets ran 1,030 offensive plays last year. In that time, Tebow would have taken 206 snaps if Sanchez had 80 percent of the workload and 103 snaps if Sanchez had 90 percent.

Rex Ryan wouldn't corner himself into giving percentages for Sanchez, though.

"Or 10 percent in this game," he joked. "I’m not real sure. I’m not sure yet. We are not going to put a percentage on it – at least I’m not going to."

Tebow said that he's unsure of how he'll be used Sunday.

"I genuinely don’t know," Tebow said. "There’s stuff that’s scheduled but games never go as scheduled."

Tannenbaum said that when the numbers are added up at season's end, Sanchez will have between 80 and 90 percent of the snaps or what he referred to as the "lion's share."

"In terms of, if that gives us the best match-up on that play, that's the play we're going to run," Tannenbaum said. "But again, Mark's going to be on the field for the lion's share. You guys will see. His playing time will be 80-90 percent over the 16 games. He's clearly our quarterback."

According to Pro Football Reference, the Jets ran 1,030 offensive plays last year. In that time, Tebow would have taken 206 snaps if Sanchez had 80 percent of the workload and 103 snaps if Sanchez had 90 percent.

"Or 10 percent in this game," he joked. "I’m not real sure. I’m not sure yet. We are not going to put a percentage on it – at least I’m not going to."

"I genuinely don’t know," Tebow said. "There’s stuff that’s scheduled but games never go as scheduled."

Basically what you have here is Tannenbaum justifying his trade by talking about how many snaps at QB Tebow is going to see, and Rex politely saying that Tanny doesn't call the plays. Even Tebow knows he's not seeing the field at QB that much - barring injury to Mark, of course.

Basically what you have here is Tannenbaum justifying his trade by talking about how many snaps at QB Tebow is going to see, and Rex politely saying that Tanny doesn't call the plays. Even Tebow knows he's not seeing the field at QB that much - barring injury to Mark, of course.

Not buying it, my man. Tanny doesnt need to justify trading for a back up QB after having the old man backing up mark the last couple of years. He let the cat out of the bag like you said earlier, he is going to ride the hot QB...

Hope they use Tebow at HB... would help a lot.

This is such a joke.

By not addressing the Oline, nor bringing in any new weapons, and now bringing in Tebow, this is a sure sign that Sanchez will fail.

It seems like there's a general consensus that Stephen Hill - a 2nd round WR, isn't a weapon. Why? He's raw, yes, so he has some drops... so do a lot of guys - doesn't mean they can't be weapons. This dude is big, fast and athletic. I call him a weapon. He was a top 4 or 5 WR on everyone's boards this year for a reason. Let's stop acting like he's a nobody.

With no protection, no WR's, no runnng game, and Tebow, we should just get it over with, start Tebow, go 8-8, release Sanchez, and sit in mediocrity for the next 5 years.

I think people are overreacting about our WR's because of their health. Holmes, Hill and Kerley with Keller are hardly "nothing." Not top 15, maybe not even top 20 but they're not as bad as people say.

As to the no running game/+Tebow thing: hey, Tebow IS part of that running game. :)

I wonder what percent of the snaps brad smith took a couple years ago....seems like 4-5 every game.

The most carries he ever had in a season was 38 in 2010, or a little more than 2 snaps a game. That was the only season he had with the Jets where he had more than 18 carries.

UPDATED

Just a quick note before practice: Jets head coach Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum were on ESPN's Mike and Mike this morning. Tannenbaum had some interesting things to say, but the most telling was a percentage he placed on the number of snaps Mark Sanchez is in line to get.

jets_logo.jpg
MORE COVERAGE OF JETS FOOTBALL

Free Jets mobile app from NJ.com

Jets stories and columns

Jets photos

Jets videos

I love this sh*t. They are so ****ing with the minds of the entire world.

I love this sh*t. They are so ****ing with the minds of the entire world.

I completely agree man! I can't wait for Sunday! How the **** would Tanny know the percentage anyway? haha its gonna be based on situations. They're just feeding the media and the media eats it up!

I completely agree man! I can't wait for Sunday! How the **** would Tanny know the percentage anyway? haha its gonna be based on situations. They're just feeding the media and the media eats it up!

Agreed, I think the FO, CS, and players are all taking the media for a ride...if you are unbiased, you can see that this team has enough strengths to win 9-10 games.

Some Jets fans are stuck in such a negative mindset they are just as bad as the media dooshes that have to follow the trends by bashing the Jets.

We have the ability to make some plays on O and a sh#tload of plays on D...

I remain optimistic.

This is such a joke.

They should have given him the season without the nonsense that is coming every time he throws an incomplete pass, which will be chants and calls for Tebow.

What I've been calling for all year. Just start Tebow baby.

What I've been calling for all year. Just start Tebow baby.

13/36 (a 36.1 comp%) for 151 yards (4.2 ypa), 0 TDs, 2 ints, for a 26.5 passer rating this summer.

Clearly gives the team the best chance to win now.

Archived