Jets receivers vs the Pittsburgh secondary

Lego My Lageman

28 Cortez Allen CB 23 6-1 196 2 The Citadel 31 Curtis Brown CB 23 6-0 185 2 Texas 23 Keenan Lewis CB 26 6-0 208 4 Oregon State 24 Ike Taylor CB 32 6-2 195 10 Louisiana-Lafayette 30 DeMarcus Van Dyke CB 23 6-1 187 2 Miami (Fla.) 21 Robert Golden DB 21 5-11 202 R Arizona 26 Will Allen S 30 6-1 200 9 Ohio State 25 Ryan Clark S 32 5-11 205 11 LSU 29 Ryan Mundy S 27 6-1 209 4 West Virginia 43 Troy Polamalu S 31 5-10 207 10

USC

Are any of you familiar with their corners? If Stephan Hill is for real this could be a long day for Pittsburg. Especially if james Harrison doesnt play, right now he is questionable.

In terms of their corners, they are rather inexperienced outside of Ike Taylor who I'd imagine would be checking Holmes for the most part. Fortunately for Hill, he's bigger and faster than every single corner he'll face all season long. If he's for real (definitely looked it even handling pressure at the LOS), he should be able to win a ton of match ups.

Clark will be playing and everyone knows Troy P, so safety is definitely the strength of their secondary but they can be had. Troy P gambles and you can make them pay for it. He's not the same guy he was, especially in coverage.

There are plenty of plays to be had vs. the secondary. Its how we handle the front 7 that is key. Their effectiveness makes up for what is to be desired in the secondary.

Ike taylor is a solid corner, but can't cover everyone, it will leave one of our receivers with a somewhat favorable matchup. Pitt didn't have Clarky playing against denver due to his sickle trait (not sickle cell) so that is definitely going to be a big factor returning for them. Polamalu will probably have a big game without someone like Peyton who has the most amazing pre-snap reads ever; that play where Peyton audibled twice and then called the time out with polamalu switching sides and showin blitz was brilliant, manning was unreal.

Will Allen is nothing special and neither is the rest of their secondary, outside of the aforementioned. That said, Pitt doesn't make their living off the backend, it's all about getting pressure with their linebackers and hoping their secondary can make a play on the ball. Harrison not being able to play will be a big win for us.

the matchup I really like is the Jets D-line vs the Pitt O-line. that unit is in shambles right now.

Definitely. They were one injury away from having to play a tight end as their starting tackle or guard. I like this matcup a lot, especially since Big ben tends to hold onto the ball a lot. Us putting pressure on him will only force him to make quicker throws, which I think plays well into our hands with our secondary. Just have to make sure Coples, Wilk and those guys wrap up and play till the whistle. Fortuntely for us, they most likely have been running Tebow as scout team Ben and give them a feel for how hard it is to bring that guy down. Can't just arm tackle.

In terms of their corners, they are rather inexperienced outside of Ike Taylor who I'd imagine would be checking Holmes for the most part. Fortunately for Hill, he's bigger and faster than every single corner he'll face all season long. If he's for real (definitely looked it even handling pressure at the LOS), he should be able to win a ton of match ups.

Clark will be playing and everyone knows Troy P, so safety is definitely the strength of their secondary but they can be had. Troy P gambles and you can make them pay for it. He's not the same guy he was, especially in coverage.

There are plenty of plays to be had vs. the secondary. Its how we handle the front 7 that is key. Their effectiveness makes up for what is to be desired in the secondary.

Well said.

the matchup I really like is the Jets D-line vs the Pitt O-line. that unit is in shambles right now.

look for more blitzes than usual and look for Landry to have a big impact again this week . I would like to see him hit Rothlesbeger with a full head of steam and see just how hard that tree can fall.

I think no matter what matchups we breakdown it ALL boils down to pass protection by the Jets...if we protect Sanchez as well as we did against Buff, and he has 3/4 the day he had vs Buff,..we win.

Lebeau will not doubt try and get creative with his blitz packages which will be key . I think the Bills have more talent up front but its the brains you have to worry about. Pretty amazing Sparano brought in extra players to deal wit hte pass rush ....If that was Shotty we would have been 5 wide and Sanchez would have been getting killed.

Lebeau will not doubt try and get creative with his blitz packages which will be key . I think the Bills have more talent up front but its the brains you have to worry about. Pretty amazing Sparano brought in extra players to deal wit hte pass rush ....If that was Shotty we would have been 5 wide and Sanchez would have been getting killed.

You mean 4 wide and Conner motioning from behind Sanchez to the left and then back, yeah?

Troy is a gambler, but he mostly relies on his smarts now. He cannot run with these guys

Archived