Injuries

GangisGreen

Revis is now looking like he is out, Keller is now very questionable, and even Hill is banged up. We are not a deep team especially at WR and TE. This could be a really tough week if these guys do not play

Keller is probably going to sit, but he wasn't exactly lighting things up against the bills and we seemed to be just fine. Hill will play. Gun to head, I'd say Revis, Hill and Kerley play will Keller sits.

Interesting thing is that they cut Patrick Turner. You'd think with Kerley, Hill and Keller banged up they'd want the extra body. If nothing else at least for practice. I'd have thought that cutting Turner after week 1 meant they were bringing in a new WR body, probably a vet - Burress, Roy Williams! If they were going to do that they should have done it already. Why haven't they made any move? Isn't the roster still a man short?

Interesting thing is that they cut Patrick Turner. You'd think with Kerley, Hill and Keller banged up they'd want the extra body. If nothing else at least for practice. I'd have thought that cutting Turner after week 1 meant they were bringing in a new WR body, probably a vet - Burress, Roy Williams! If they were going to do that they should have done it already. Why haven't they made any move? Isn't the roster still a man short?

They brought back that TE Epps.

Wonder if they bring up Allen since Revis is out.

They brought back that TE Epps.

Wonder if they bring up Allen since Revis is out.

I doubt they will want to monkey with the roster. Epps is the guy they will be dumping when they have a player dinged and need a replacement. Allen is the furthest thing from a cover corner in the defensive backfield. He's a banger/tweener LB with speed. They already have a tendency to use extra CBs instead of safeties, so I would expect to see more of he midgets - Trufant and Lankster. The one strange thing on the roster is carrying Landolt. The guy is a tackle they don't appear particularly enamored with. He was an UDFA with the Giants in 2010 and spent time on the Giants, Niners and Jets practice squads in 2010 and 2011. He's hurt, so he doesn't even make the trip and he's a neighborhood guy (Holy CrossNJ/Penn State). Seems odd they'd carry him on the real roster considering that he has never played and was never in the conversation for the wide open RT position. Maybe they love him and he's been hurt, I don't know, but I doubt anybody would pull a Jake Ballard if they waived him.

No trust in Wilson not getting abused by Steeler WR's.

Without Sanchez safety net in Keller the passing game will also take a hit. Just bad timing injury wise and a bad spot for the Jets getting an 0-1 Pitt team at their place.

Hopefully Harrison and Polamalu don't suit up. Also hope that the Jets coaching staff do not feel that a large dose of Tebow is the answer this week based on last years fluke play-off game.

Hope not but I think we could be in for a "sky is falling Monday" here with Sanchez taking the majority of the blame derserved or not.

Without Sanchez safety net in Keller the passing game will also take a hit. Just bad timing injury wise and a bad spot for the Jets getting an 0-1 Pitt team at their place.

Hopefully Harrison and Polamalu don't suit up. Also hope that the Jets coaching staff do not feel that a large dose of Tebow is the answer this week based on last years fluke play-off game.

Hope not but I think we could be in for a "sky is falling Monday" here with Sanchez taking the majority of the blame derserved or not.

I think the Steelers are going to have enough issues of their own moving the ball, so this game is going to come down to a crucial turnover or a fluke play (something Tebow is great at, mind you).

I'm not worried about Kyle Wilson.

I think the Steelers are going to have enough issues of their own moving the ball, so this game is going to come down to a crucial turnover or a fluke play (something Tebow is great at, mind you).

I'm not worried about Kyle Wilson.

Everytime I say the same about Wilson he craps the bed. Hope you're right 80.

I am ok with winning on a Tebow play just don't want the staff to mistakenly think a heavy dose of him is the answer.

I doubt they will want to monkey with the roster. Epps is the guy they will be dumping when they have a player dinged and need a replacement. Allen is the furthest thing from a cover corner in the defensive backfield. He's a banger/tweener LB with speed. They already have a tendency to use extra CBs instead of safeties, so I would expect to see more of he midgets - Trufant and Lankster. The one strange thing on the roster is carrying Landolt. The guy is a tackle they don't appear particularly enamored with. He was an UDFA with the Giants in 2010 and spent time on the Giants, Niners and Jets practice squads in 2010 and 2011. He's hurt, so he doesn't even make the trip and he's a neighborhood guy (Holy CrossNJ/Penn State). Seems odd they'd carry him on the real roster considering that he has never played and was never in the conversation for the wide open RT position. Maybe they love him and he's been hurt, I don't know, but I doubt anybody would pull a Jake Ballard if they waived him.

I dont see bringing a guy up from the practice squad because of injuries as monkeying with the roster...but yeah, Rex loves his jitter bug type CBs

Well, the reality is, when you have a banged up team and you're going on the road...a lot falls on the QB to step up and be the difference maker.

Everytime I say the same about Wilson he craps the bed. Hope you're right 80.

I am ok with winning on a Tebow play just don't want the staff to mistakenly think a heavy dose of him is the answer.

Wilson played great last week so I just don't see any reason to panic.

My guess is they'll leave Cro on an island with Wallace and give Wilson help on Antonio Brown, switching up when necessary. I like our chances to give Roethlisberger hell with our pass rush so our CB's might get a break this week anyways.

I have no idea what our plans might be with Tebow this week, but if the Steelers really did spend an inordinate amount of time preparing to stop him, they've lost already.

Wilson played great last week so I just don't see any reason to panic.

My guess is they'll leave Cro on an island with Wallace and give Wilson help on Antonio Brown, switching up when necessary. I like our chances to give Roethlisberger hell with our pass rush so our CB's might get a break this week anyways.

I have no idea what our plans might be with Tebow this week, but if the Steelers really did spend an inordinate amount of time preparing to stop him, they've lost already.

With no Revis, I'd expect a lot of looks like the one we saw when Cro got the pick six, man zone. Traps. Man at the LOS, falling back into a zone. I'd expect them to roll coverage to Wallace as Brown isnt a threat to score. 1 TD in 3 years of play. He only had 2 catches on SNF vs. Tracy Porter. Wilson can hold him down.

With no Revis, I'd expect a lot of looks like the one we saw when Cro got the pick six, man zone. Traps. Man at the LOS, falling back into a zone. I'd expect them to roll coverage to Wallace as Brown isnt a threat to score. 1 TD in 3 years of play. He only had 2 catches on SNF vs. Tracy Porter. Wilson can hold him down.

Perhaps. But if our juicy matchup with the Steelers O-line comes to fruition, Big Ben will be on his back a lot. Hard to make deep throws when that happens.

I dont see bringing a guy up from the practice squad because of injuries as monkeying with the roster...but yeah, Rex loves his jitter bug type CBs

Well, the reality is, when you have a banged up team and you're going on the road...a lot falls on the QB to step up and be the difference maker.

It's the backend, but it is still exposing a guy to be picked off. It's not like active to inactive. To add a guy from the practice squad somebody has to be cut. David Clowney! Danny Woodhead! Chauncey Washington! As I said, I'm not exactly sure why they are carrying Landolt. I thought the guy blew his knee out, so the whole thing confuses me. I actually had to check it again, because the roster spot doesn't make sense. Like carrying Turner and the other guy at the start of last season. Maybe there is more going on. Hopefully it means Landolt will be a beast next year, but I'm plenty skeptical of that.

It wouldn't be the depth now would it ? Keller was hurt last week and Cumberland stepped up I expect the same this week. I also expect Wilson to step up as well. if we get a good pass rush which might very well be the case since the Steelers OL sucks Wilson will be just fine.

It wouldn't be the depth now would it ? Keller was hurt last week and Cumberland stepped up I expect the same this week. I also expect Wilson to step up as well. if we get a good pass rush which might very well be the case since the Steelers OL sucks Wilson will be just fine.

I feel like people have been saying their o-line sucks for like 2-3 years now and whenever we play them it doesn't seem that way.

Archived