Monday Night Game/Replacement Refs..

BroadwayJoe12

These replacement refs have absolutely zero control over the players. I can't remember who mentioned it earlier, but the biggest worry/difference is not that they would miss some blatant calls, it's that they are so focused on trying to make the correct and obvious call that they aren't capable of handling the players. It just seems that there's no way it gets anything but worse.

That little skirmish was legitimately a few seconds from being a brawl. Wonder how Goodell is going to rationalize not getting this deal done, when fights start breaking out.

This has been the hardest game to watch from not only a football standpoint, but a referee one as well. Christ, it took them an hour to play the first quarter and at this pace it might legitimately take them 5 hours to play a regulation game. That and I think John Fox might cold-cock one of these sideline judges.

:hand:

I love the new myth that the regular officials were so awesome. NFL officiating has been absolutely terrible for the last five years.

Now I'm supposed to be upset if a fight goes a little longer than it would have? Who cares? At least it's entertaining.

I say fire the old clowns and keep these clowns,

No myth. The regular officials weren't amazing, I don't think anyone was arguing that, but it's pretty obvious that the scab officials are significantly worse in all facets of the game. Hell, every SEC game I watched on saturday was twofold better.

If we had gotten Peyton and he played like this can you imagine how much Jets fans would be bitching LOL

Yea, it'd be pretty but. But the difference is, you know that he has the ability to bring you back at any given moment. There's no doubt in my mind he's going to put up 20+ pts tonight even with the four turnovers. I like Sanchez, but I can't say the same for him.

I think this game is a microcosm of the terrible officiating in week two. There's been numerous phantom holding calls, both offensive and defensive, and phantom defensive pass interference penalties as well. The one thing I'll say is that they have utilized the replay and overturned some of their awful initial calls.

I can't make a comment on the Monday night game, I'm not watching it.

All in all I really think the new refs have done a much better job then I had anticipated them doing.

In certain aspects, I do like that they seem to not be afraid to overturn themselves and get the correct call. However, it's everything else that seems to go unnoticed, like that one article mentioned. All the holding and extracurricular that vets have been getting away with is something that these refs aren't going to be able to handle, considering their overwhelmed with just getting the call right. It'll certainly be interesting to see how it progresses, because to me, it seems to be getting worse.

I can't remember who mentioned it earlier, but the biggest worry/difference is not that they would miss some blatant calls...

Well, I won't say who mentioned that, but I will give you one guess who said it doesn't matter and that the replacement refs aren't doing any worse than the real guys do. Go ahead, guess.

No myth. The regular officials weren't amazing, I don't think anyone was arguing that, but it's pretty obvious that the scab officials are significantly worse in all facets of the game. Hell, every SEC game I watched on saturday was twofold better.

The regulars will blow calls. But the pace of the game, setting the ball, breaking up the nonsense between plays, making decisions are all little things you don't notice. Until it's done this badly.

The refs aren't bad; they just need a game where they send about 10 coaches and players to the locker room.

I saw generally good calls, a couple marginal ones, and coaches/teams being dicks about the marginal ones. After the fumble denver didn't get possession of (probably a correct call), Asante Samuel was walking around bumping into people and leaving a trail of fights behind him. If I was a ref I'd have bounced the fool. After that, Denver's coach needed to shut the f* up over the possession issue, but he kept running his mouth at the ref. Every time I saw Denver's coach he was yapping at the ref, who imo should have thrown his stupid mouthy ass out of the game. Then, the Denver guy threw his red flag and lost the challenge. Why? Because the call was good. The coach needed to pull his panties out of his crack, shut the f* up, and play football.

These replacement refs have absolutely zero control over the players. I can't remember who mentioned it earlier, but the biggest worry/difference is not that they would miss some blatant calls, it's that they are so focused on trying to make the correct and obvious call that they aren't capable of handling the players. It just seems that there's no way it gets anything but worse.

That little skirmish was legitimately a few seconds from being a brawl. Wonder how Goodell is going to rationalize not getting this deal done, when fights start breaking out.

I'm rooting for a complete state of anarchy personally. I want Goodell to lose his job in the worst way.

Archived