Time for the Jets to put up, or shut up!

BlackDynamite

I've been hearing for the last three months how great Big Mo is gonna be, and the D-Line is going to do this, and the defense will be Top that.

When Garrett McIntyre leads the Jets in sacks, you have some issues in your pass rush!

They've given up 25+ points in the first two games.

Opponents are converting around 60% of their 3rd downs

Coples has done nothing!

The only thing loudmouth Bart Scott has done is knocked Revis out of the Steelers game, and get into fights with reporters!

The Dolphins have Reggie Bush, Ryan Hartline, and a rookie QB. Rex Ryan should have them in check in his PJ's!

This game will tell me just as much, if not more, about the Jets, than the Steelers game

The Dolphins are a 5 win team this year.

This game shouldn't be that close. The Jets SAY they are really good. It's time to show-and-prove.

They should walk right through the Dolphins, like the Giants walked through the Panthers

If I don't see 24-10, or something like that, or better, I will lose respect for this team.

Don't struggle with lightweight teams......

BD

I've been hearing for the last three months how great Big Mo is gonna be, and the D-Line is going to do this, and the defense will be Top that.

When Garrett McIntyre leads the Jets in sacks, you have some issues in your pass rush!

Coples has done nothing!

The only thing loudmouth Bart Scott has done is knocked Revis out of the Steelers game, and get into fights with reporters!

The Dolphins have Reggie Bush, Ryan Hartline, and a rookie QB. Rex Ryan should have them in check in his PJ's!

This game will tell me just as much, if not more, about the Jets, than the Steelers game

This game shouldn't be that close. The Jets SAY they are really good. It's time to show-and-prove.

They should walk right through the Dolphins, like the Giants walked through the Panthers

If I don't see 24-10, or something like that, or better, I will lose respect for this team.

BD

ESPN and sports radio have warped your mind.

All that matters is winning the game. We need wins to get us into the playoffs, not dominating performances.

The Dolphins are the only "bad team" the Jets have seemed to be unable to put in its place since Rex arrived.

When it comes to this week's game, I agree with the OP. I expect blowout central. A win is a win, but dammit, I want to be the team to kill Miami's spirit, not let someone else do it.

We need to win as many games as possible. Thats all that matters.

Of course I'll be pissed if they lose. I get pissed every game they lose no matter the competition.

If we lose this one, season over. It wouldn't just be a loss, it would be full-on "time to blow up the franchise" mode.

Could be a great opportunity for Sanchez and Holmes to sort of gloss things over after last week. Holmes was dropping a lot of catch-able balls, and a solid performance could get some momentum going into our game against San Fran and Texas.

Momentum is BS, at least for this team. We didn't carry any momentum from the Bills game into Pittsburgh, unless you want to count the 1st quarter.

its the NFL. Any team can win any week. Arizona should have never beat the Pats. But they did.

True, that was one of the flukier games you'll ever see. The Cardinals won that game off their special teams and defense (their Front 4 is legit, mind you). And 9/10 time Gostkowski knocks through that field goal.

Having said that, its the Dolphins. The team that's beaten us 5 of the last 7 times. We're highly familiar with them. We're the far more talented team. A loss can't happen.

Not to mention, the Pats have a fluky loss or 2 each season and still manage to win 12+ games. We don't have the same luxury. Our panic modes are justified.

BD

I'm curious, did you give that same speech back in week 17 last year when the playoffs were on the line? I only bring it up because that same defense that shut you down then is still on the field and looking forward to Sunday. In fact, the only REAL difference this time around is that the Sparano plague has officially been sanitized in Miami and Bush has even better blocking up front.

I do agree with one of your points though, this will be a blowout!

The Dolphins are the only "bad team" the Jets have seemed to be unable to put in its place since Rex arrived.

When it comes to this week's game, I agree with the OP. I expect blowout central. A win is a win, but dammit, I want to be the team to kill Miami's spirit, not let someone else do it.

If we lose this one, season over. It wouldn't just be a loss, it would be full-on "time to blow up the franchise" mode.

Momentum is BS, at least for this team. We didn't carry any momentum from the Bills game into Pittsburgh, unless you want to count the 1st quarter.

Unless we win this one 59-0 or something, there shouldn't be an overreaction thread. We have no business losing this game.

True, that was one of the flukier games you'll ever see. The Cardinals won that game off their special teams and defense (their Front 4 is legit, mind you). And 9/10 time Gostkowski knocks through that field goal.

Having said that, its the Dolphins. The team that's beaten us 5 of the last 7 times. We're highly familiar with them. We're the far more talented team. A loss can't happen.

Not to mention, the Pats have a fluky loss or 2 each season and still manage to win 12+ games. We don't have the same luxury. Our panic modes are justified.

dude you seriously need to relax . If the history of this rivalry tells you anything its that this is ALWAYS a tough game no matter which team happens to be the better one at the time. While we are the better team overall IMO dont be shocked if this game is a close one. Its a division game and both teams are very familar with one another just like any other division game in the NFL anything can happen. If the Jets go into this game with the same Gimmie attitude you have they will certainly lose.

I'm curious, did you give that same speech back in week 17 last year when the playoffs were on the line? I only bring it up because that same defense that shut you down then is still on the field and looking forward to Sunday. In fact, the only REAL difference this time around is that the Sparano plague has officially been sanitized in Miami and Bush has even better blocking up front.

I do agree with one of your points though, this will be a blowout!

just make sure you show up after the game to eat some crow

Coples has done nothing!

BD

Don't buy into the projections then...Rex always promises a Top rated D...you expect anything different...on Mo...he's graded out real well...just not producing sacks...McIntyre is making plays...mainly due to the scheme...but he's playing hard and I'm appreciative of his efforts...agreed on the Jets given up too many points so far...3rd down conversion rate in the toilet for the first two games...Coples has done nothing...for some reason Rex doesn't like rookies...and another he's tried a new (for him) leadership style with the constant downplaying of rookie expectations...heard it was something Parcells said to him...does it work? Who knows...I still like Bart even though he's a liability on passing downs...its funny when you mention the Dolphags as a 5 win team...IIRC...in Rex's first year...2009 all the pundits had us rated somewhere between a 4-6 win team...Colin "the blowhard" Cowherd even went as far to suggest the only victory he could see (at week 1) was a victory against Tampa Bay...how did that work out? Point is...new coaches can have a dramatic difference in the first year...Word of advice. Stop asking for style points...victories are victories...division games especially so...enjoy this week...we should win...but still...any given Sunday...which is why we watch anyway.

Archived