What are the odd we can our GM?

lancemehl

Unfortunately, we can't fire the owner.

So, let's be honest. The job (or lack of) that Tannbum has done turning a promising team that was right there to what we see today, added to the fact that he knows nothing about football, topped off by the Tebow-debacle, is enough to get any GM booted on any other team. But I'm afraid that Woody doesn't quite see it like that and would probably give him a bonus for the spike in Jersey revenue.

What do you think the odds are of finally purging this team of this dude and maybe, just maybe, bringing in someone who could take this seriously moving forward??

BTW I jumped over to Wikipedia quickly just to see if it had anything on him that would tip me off, anything at all. Lol Geez it looks like there's a few pages missing. smh How the f--- did this guy ever get a job as GM? And at one point he was VP of football operations!!!! Holy sh*t. And we wonder why.........

Here is his impressive resume that landed him with the New York Jets in 1997:

-Tannenbaum was an intern for the Pittsfield Mets during the 1991 season.

-Tannenbaum worked in the Cleveland Browns' personnel department.

-Tannenbaum worked as an intern in the New Orleans Saints personnel department while he attended law school In 1996, he worked for the team as a player personnel assistant.

(God help us) Damn, I should've applied for the gig at that time. I think I would've had a shot! Who knew?

Once with the Jets of course, he shot right up to VP of Football Operations, Asst. GM and the rest is history. I think he had a brief stint as our offensive coordinator if I'm not mistaken. lmao

This is my favorite line, though:

Tannenbaum has become well known for his aggressive nature when it comes to adding talent to the roster. Lmao excuse me?

When you follow the footnote you see that the fool who wrote the wiki knew as much about football as Mike. He deduced that info from an Ian O'conner column a few years ago.

Unfortunately, we can't fire the owner.

So, let's be honest. The job (or lack of) that Tannbum has done turning a promising team that was right there to what we see today, added to the fact that he knows nothing about football, topped off by the Tebow-debacle, is enough to get any GM booted on any other team. But I'm afraid that Woody doesn't quite see it like that and would probably give him a bonus for the spike in Jersey revenue.

What do you think the odds are of finally purging this team of this dude and maybe, just maybe, bringing in someone who could take this seriously moving forward??

BTW I jumped over to Wikipedia quickly just to see if it had anything on him that would tip me off, anything at all. Lol Geez it looks like there's a few pages missing. smh How the f--- did this guy ever get a job as GM? And at one point he was VP of football operations!!!! Holy sh*t. And we wonder why.........

Here is his impressive resume that landed him with the New York Jets in 1997:

-Tannenbaum was an intern for the Pittsfield Mets during the 1991 season.

-Tannenbaum worked in the Cleveland Browns' personnel department.

-Tannenbaum worked as an intern in the New Orleans Saints personnel department while he attended law school In 1996, he worked for the team as a player personnel assistant.

(God help us) Damn, I should've applied for the gig at that time. I think I would've had a shot! Who knew?

Once with the Jets of course, he shot right up to VP of Football Operations, Asst. GM and the rest is history. I think he had a brief stint as our offensive coordinator if I'm not mistaken. lmao

This is my favorite line, though:

Tannenbaum has become well known for his aggressive nature when it comes to adding talent to the roster. Lmao excuse me?

When you follow the footnote you see that the fool who wrote the wiki knew as much about football as Mike. He deduced that info from an Ian O'conner column a few years ago.

I would venture a guess at roughly the same odds as replacing you with a non-ranting/multiple thread-starting poster. But hey, miracles happen all the time; just ask that lady in newport about her potato chip.

Back in August, Michael Lombardi was on the Rich Eisen Podcast previewing the AFC East, when asked what it would take for Rex and Tanny to get fired at the end of the season, Lombardi responded that the word around the league is that Tanny will be the GM of the Jets as long as HE wants to.

So my guess is very slim.

Woody is a tool. A person only has to ear him speak a sentence or two to come to this conclusion. Leon Hess was a sweet, well-meaning guy who let Gutman the douche screw up his franchise. Of course, I think Leon was personally responsible for Kotite. Point is, the Jets are doomed when it comes to ownership. How the Rangers got as far as they did with Dolan boggles my mind. The Jets are going nowhere with Woody at the helm. The two AFC championship games were outliers. Mangini spillover? Ouch!

Archived