rex is a freaking moron. plain and simple

ylekram

The post you were responding to asked "what if Tebow played QB?"

It also had a plane filled with supermodels crashing into an orphanage. If I can throw my two cents into this hotly contested debate, I gotta go with Sperm on this one. Dead orphans and supermodels would be considerably worse than what happened at the Meadowlands today.

It all comes back to Sanchez. It really does. If there was a serviceable QB that simply didn't screw up, Rex is still a genius. Sanchez has become such a liability for looooooong stretches of games that it's almost impossible to evaluate any other area of the team (other than specials) without factoring in how bad Sanchez is f#cling them.

It all comes back to Sanchez. It really does. If there was a serviceable QB that simply didn't screw up, Rex is still a genius. Sanchez has become such a liability for looooooong stretches of games that it's almost impossible to evaluate any other area of the team (other than specials) without factoring in how bad Sanchez is f#cling them.

This is such complete nonsense, it really is.

Sanchez is terrible, but if you think it all comes back to him, you are delusional.

There are so many problems with this team it's not even funny.

The offensive system and philosophy have been a disgrace since Rex took over here.

Other than Kerley, there is not one WR who is worth a damn right now, Hill may be good someday, but is a ways away.

The oline cannot run block against a decent defense, and the RB is slow as hell.

Throw in the fact that the OC has no business being an OC, and was only hired because Rex has no clue about offense, nor cares to.

The defense is average at best, and was even with Revis. That is what happens when you have zero pass rush, old slow linebackers, and cannot cover a back or a TE.

The team as a whole is incredibly undisciplined, bad penalty after bad penalty, missed assignments, wrong routes on a regular basis, mental mistakes, carelessness for the football, and a complete lack of any ability to make in game adjustments or manage the clock.

A QB does not fix that debacle unless you stumble upon a truly great QB.

Would Brady, Manning, Rogers fix this mess, probably, but those guys are completely unattainable, and if we can get a guy like that, get him!

But lets not act like any attainable QB can fix this disaster, because that is what it is, a disaster. Your not going to throw in Andy Dalton and turn this into an 11 win team.

This is so much worse than just Sanchez sucking-it starts at the owner who can't seem to get any credible head coaches who want to work for him. Then next on that list is the GM who is supposed to supply the groceries. He's like the guy that goes to Costco and spends all of his money on stuff not really needed just bought everything because he couldn't pass up the deal. Then it's Rex Ryan; never learned how to deal with an NFL offense so he continues to pawn it off on failed head coaches or HC candidates. Why is it that NO QB coach wanted the Jets job of "fixing" Sanchez? Then it's the whole Jets philosophy of never giving up on a draft pick in fear of it making them look bad.

This is so much worse than just Sanchez sucking-it starts at the owner who can't seem to get any credible head coaches who want to work for him. Then next on that list is the GM who is supposed to supply the groceries. He's like the guy that goes to Costco and spends all of his money on stuff not really needed just bought everything because he couldn't pass up the deal. Then it's Rex Ryan; never learned how to deal with an NFL offense so he continues to pawn it off on failed head coaches or HC candidates. Why is it that NO QB coach wanted the Jets job of "fixing" Sanchez? Then it's the whole Jets philosophy of never giving up on a draft pick in fear of it making them look bad.

That is it Jiimmy- so easy to blame Sanchez for all the problems of which he is one of them but this team and structure is seriously flawed. First thing we need an owner to get a football guy to run this

That is it Jiimmy- so easy to blame Sanchez for all the problems of which he is one of them but this team and structure is seriously flawed. First thing we need an owner to get a football guy to run this

The one year that they finally figured it out that maybe a franchise quarterback actually NEEDS a top notch receiving corps to go along with a running game almost got us to the SB. When we had Braylon, Cotchery, Holmes, and Keller we saw a Sanchez who COULD put a team and the game on his shoulders and we ALL felt him NOT coming through was the aberration not the other way around like it is today-and last year...it's all about crappy ownership, leadership-it's Woody and Tannenbaum and now Rex and Pettine and Sparano-Sanchez is like number 6 or seven on the list IMO

The one year that they finally figured it out that maybe a franchise quarterback actually NEEDS a top notch receiving corps to go along with a running game almost got us to the SB. When we had Braylon, Cotchery, Holmes, and Keller we saw a Sanchez who COULD put a team and the game on his shoulders and we ALL felt him NOT coming through was the aberration not the other way around like it is today-and last year...it's all about crappy ownership, leadership-it's Woody and Tannenbaum and now Rex and Pettine and Sparano-Sanchez is like number 6 or seven on the list IMO

Sanchez was just as terrible in 2010 as he is now. It's just he had an elite defense and running game. Yes we surrounded him with good talent, but his numbers were no better than they are now.

Our biggest problems go as follows:

1) Our owner entrusting the team to Tannenbaum

2) Tannenbaum drafting and extending Sanchez (the latter being more egregious)

3) Sanchez

4) The accountant giving big money to an ILB (Harris) and WR (Holmes) when neither move fit the landscape of the NFL OR this team (and thus preventing us from improving elsewhere)

5) Rex stubbornly counting on Sanchez

Tannenbaum & Sanchez need to go. Rex will probably go with them, though I hope not.

I hate to harp on it we had so many things go right and very lucky our two playoff years with Rex- winning games at the last second.we really got outplayed in, Teams not having to win- etc. Most have been fooled to think this was really a sound football team by that I think

And yes we need a new QB but Iam not going to be naive to think we are a championship team besides- he is the only thing holding us back -but my power wil probbaly go out anytime today-I have bigger issues much more important to be concerned with

Sanchez was just as terrible in 2010 as he is now. It's just he had an elite defense and running game. Yes we surrounded him with good talent, but his numbers were no better than they are now.

Our biggest problems go as follows:

1) Our owner entrusting the team to Tannenbaum

2) Tannenbaum drafting and extending Sanchez (the latter being more egregious)

3) Sanchez

4) The accountant giving big money to an ILB (Harris) and WR (Holmes) when neither move fit the landscape of the NFL OR this team (and thus preventing us from improving elsewhere)

5) Rex stubbornly counting on Sanchez

Tannenbaum & Sanchez need to go. Rex will probably go with them, though I hope not.

Yea without looking up any stats from that year 80-I figured that you're probably right but the main difference was that at least we could almost always count on Sanchez to play good when we needed him to at the end of the game ya know? All of those great passes and catches by Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery and Keller that won us games-we don't HAVE any weapons like that. I mean look at what we replaced them all with...one name will say it: Stephen Hill...he is everything we always feared that Braylon Edwards would be times 10...the guy who will drop a critical pass that would cost us a game-he does it every week. And Sanchez, he STILL spots the opposition more than a TD a game-this is two years in a row now , and what do we get from Rex? "He gives us the best chance to win" REALLY REX, REALLY?

Archived