Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his hype came from being the best player on a really good defense on an undefeated team. Plus it was Notre Dame who hadn't been relevant nationally for a while.

If you believe his dead grandma/girlfriend story didnt help raise him to heisman hopes youre lying to yourself. obviously his good play and ND winning set him up, but the sob story pushed him over the top

I don't disagree, but this isn't an Armstrong or a Sandusky or anything like that. Bottom line is there were no crimes committed on Te'o's part and it should just go away.

No crimes were committed. But I do believe the football team and school lied to protect the program.

It will go away when he stops being a doosh and actually answers questions from the media. Not some bullsh!t friday night interview without cameras.

Wetzel is a putz.

"Manti said what he said, so story over!"

Thanks Dan.

Yahoo sports is truly awful. I love this hail mary of rationalization.

Manti Te'o isn't the first, or last, college kid who wasn't all that honest when describing a new relationship to his parents and friends. Really, Mom, we met at the library, definitely not at 3 a.m. in the basement of a fraternity party.

wouldnt have any rollover being on the phone that much.

and who paid that unlimited cell phone bill??? :rl: if they can afford that, they can afford to buy him a plane ticket to califorina!

Can you imagine being his roommate? It must have been a nightmare, this isn't a victimless crime. That kid was probably trying to sleep through 8 hours of this crap nightly.

If you believe his dead grandma/girlfriend story didnt help raise him to heisman hopes youre lying to yourself. obviously his good play and ND winning set him up, but the sob story pushed him over the top

If voters based their votes on off the field stuff, that's their own fault. It's an award based on on the field play. I'm sure the dead people helped push the story, but it was more about ND and the undefeated season.

No crimes were committed. But I do believe the football team and school lied to protect the program.

It will go away when he stops being a doosh and actually answers questions from the media. Not some bullsh!t friday night interview without cameras.

Obviously they covered it up and lied until they could investigate and they certainly weren't going to come forward the day before the national championship game with it. Not sure what school would.

I have no problem with the way he handled the interview. It's his story to tell and one of the best in the business grilled him for 2 and 1/2 hours. What other questions were there to ask? If you don't believe him, then him appearing on camera wouldn't have changed anything. He basically did a newspaper interview. Don't see anything wrong with that.

If voters based their votes on off the field stuff, that's their own fault. It's an award based on on the field play. I'm sure the dead people helped push the story, but it was more about ND and the undefeated season.

which is why some of the media wants this to go away fast so they arent called on the carpet for this crap.

Obviously they covered it up and lied until they could investigate and they certainly weren't going to come forward the day before the national championship game with it. Not sure what school would.

I have no problem with the way he handled the interview. It's his story to tell and one of the best in the business grilled him for 2 and 1/2 hours. What other questions were there to ask? If you don't believe him, then him appearing on camera wouldn't have changed anything. He basically did a newspaper interview. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Of course you see nothing wrong with it. You believe him and the story. I dont. An interview on a friday night without cameras is bullsh!t and leads to more speculation he is hiding something. I dont care who conducted it. Its a sham.

Until he goes and has a meeting with the press and answers questions truthfully and honestly then I will not be believing his story and neither should anyone else. But, as we've said a bunch of times, he doesnt have to say anything. He hasnt committed a crime. But if he hopes to repair his reputation, he needs to do better than a friday night interview with no cameras. right now his rep sucks and has tarnished notre dame.

which is why some of the media wants this to go away fast so they arent called on the carpet for this crap.

Of course you see nothing wrong with it. You believe him and the story. I dont. An interview on a friday night without cameras is bullsh!t and leads to more speculation he is hiding something. I dont care who conducted it. Its a sham.

Until he goes and has a meeting with the press and answers questions truthfully and honestly then I will not be believing his story and neither should anyone else. But, as we've said a bunch of times, he doesnt have to say anything. He hasnt committed a crime. But if he hopes to repair his reputation, he needs to do better than a friday night interview with no cameras. right now his rep sucks and has tarnished notre dame.

So you don't believe anything in the newspaper only what is on television? Got it.

And honestly Carl, at this point I doubt I'll be able to believe anything Manti says because he's been hiding and then trying to control the message. His honesty is in question, and he hides from the media until friday night.

luckily, Manti Te'o doesnt give a crap what i think. :-D

He's not hiding. After the story broke he put out a statement. He took a day to compose himself and then did an interview. The dude is embarrassed, as anyone would be.

He's not hiding. After the story broke he put out a statement. He took a day to compose himself and then did an interview. The dude is embarrassed, as anyone would be.

Bullsh*t. Sorry you disagree, but his entire actions so far have been very suspect. And having an interview with a lawyer present, on a friday night, with only 1 member of the media leads to further speculation. And embarrassment isnt enough to cover that.

Bullsh*t. Sorry you disagree, but his entire actions so far have been very suspect. And having an interview with a lawyer present, on a friday night, with only 1 member of the media leads to further speculation. And embarrassment isnt enough to cover that.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I have no problem with people not believing him. It's understandable, but everything presented this far leads me to believe him based on what has come from this situation. Nothing you say or I say will sway either of us. Now if this Ronaiah or whatever his name is comes out and says something, then we can reassess.

better than listening on the phone to some fake girlfriend on a breathing machine. at least my grandmama had the potential to pay off. dead fake girlfriend couldnt even get Manti the heisman.

They should have done some market research and found out what terminal illness is "in" right now. Might have pushed him over the top.

They're going to get him to the Combine, after a bunch of teams pay investigators to check this story out, and the truth will get leaked. Once ESPN gets their hands on something, they intentionally obfuscate it to prolong the shelf life of a meaty story, and what comes out is a metric ton of bullsh*t. The teams will have no such problem.

They're going to get him to the Combine, after a bunch of teams pay investigators to check this story out, and the truth will get leaked. Once ESPN gets their hands on something, they intentionally obfuscate it to prolong the shelf life of a meaty story, and what comes out is a metric ton of bullsh*t. The teams will have no such problem.

While I agree that ESPN is doing most of this digging now because they failed to do so initially, the truth "leaking" is something that is already happening. It was a hoax, Te'o was duped and embellished his relationship to avoid embarrassment, and lied to his dad.

While I agree that ESPN is doing most of this digging now because they failed to do so initially, the truth "leaking" is something that is already happening. It was a hoax, Te'o was duped and embellished his relationship to avoid embarrassment, and lied to his dad.

You don't need to employ advisers to tell the truth.

Archived