Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Lil Bit Special

Oh come on. Dont give me the babe in woods routine Karen!

Teo isnt stupid. This Roniah kid is clearly his buddy and theyre both social weirdos who got off on ppl feeling sorry for them. Kids crave attention through sympathy more so than ever these days. I think its fairly obvious what went on here....again he can bring out all the Samoans he wants but the longer he's in hidding the sillier he looks.

It went on too long for him to be involved the whole way in my eyes. Having met some athletes in my time, some of them really are social retards. Biggest one I met was Marcus Camby. He came to UMass a scared kid. Barely said a word and was always nervous. Of course, once he started getting women brought to him in the Campus hotel over winter break and free pizza and chicken wings from Dominos, he grew up real quick.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont believe he was in on it the whole way. I do believe he was naive and a little dumb about it, but when he found out the truth, he continued it to help his cause for Heisman and for his team (and possibly ND was involved to keep him quiet about it also). Also, I think the embarrassment factor played a huge role in him not discussing it.

If he really was this dumb, he will have a lot of explaining to do to the NFL teams interested in drafting him. Maybe he;s just a social retard, who knows.

His regular season was over when he found out about it. And if people are basing their Heisman votes on his sob story, then they are going against what the Heisman is supposed to be voted on. That's not on Manti. He kept it quiet as to not be a distraction before the biggest game of their lives.

Follow the story. Get the facts. You are grossly misinformed. Many people are sticking up for him, including the AD of ND, and many, many others who have thoroughly investigated the situation and know way more about it than you or I do. The fact you're getting jollies over someone else's misfortunes tells me enough about you as a person to be done responding to you now.

Seeing Notre Dame look like fools will always give me jollies.

The only people that have thoroughly invested the situation was Deadspin and they outed Teo as the main culprit.

There are no sluts at Notre Dame. Notre Dame only admits supermodels of the finest moral fiber, to be enjoyed only by the finest football players in the country.

Right, Carl?

You have to hand over 100k under the table to be even looked at by ND as a student. The school is a ****ing joke.

Follow the story. Get the facts. You are grossly misinformed. Many people are sticking up for him, including the AD of ND, and many, many others who have thoroughly investigated the situation and know way more about it than you or I do. The fact you're getting jollies over someone else's misfortunes tells me enough about you as a person to be done responding to you now.

The AD of ND backing him isnt a shocker. I need more than him and unknown samoans and "journalists" who got conned coming out to defend him.

\

But the end of the day... none of it matters to me unless the Jets draft him. Then I'll give a damn.

His regular season was over when he found out about it. And if people are basing their Heisman votes on his sob story, then they are going against what the Heisman is supposed to be voted on. That's not on Manti. He kept it quiet as to not be a distraction before the biggest game of their lives.

I dont buy that at all. I think he found out a lot sooner than what is being said.

It went on too long for him to be involved the whole way in my eyes. Having met some athletes in my time, some of them really are social retards. Biggest one I met was Marcus Camby. He came to UMass a scared kid. Barely said a word and was always nervous. Of course, once he started getting women brought to him in the Campus hotel over winter break and free pizza and chicken wings from Dominos, he grew up real quick.

His parents said they met her. He said he met her. Read the SI transcript. The kid is a weirdo.

Look what his father did to this newspaper after the BCS game:

original.png

Attention starved...

Based on what?

My own feelings. So far there are no real facts. Just a lot of people throwing sh!t around to see what sticks.

I think he found out after she was "dead" and his father & Tui told him to keep quiet because it was a great story and was helping his heisman chances -he began appearing as a heisman hopeful 2 weeks after her "death"

I think he really is a social retard, was caught in a bad situation, was embarrassed, and then was played by his father, "friend" and very likely his school.. and he went along with it.

Nobody on this board has ever embellished anything in their lives ever evidently. Go on living in your glass houses.

I just cant understand why you have your panties in such a bunch! He doesnt need you or any other ND fan fighting for him.

And I seriously doubt anyone on here did something so huge as this.

But go on playing the defender like we're calling your wife and daughter the neighborhood slut. its quite comical

Thank god you werent a Penn St fan. Dead serious.

He's only Level 4 Delusional, not Level 6.

Q: You have established the Levels of Losing. This whole Manti Te'o thing has got me thinking of the Levels of Indefensibly Defending Sports Figures. There has to be a certain level to where you can't defend your favorite stars without coming off as a pathetic, nonsensical fan. If there were five levels in all, Joe Paterno's supporters would be the highest (Level 5). Mel Gibson's fans are a 4 but dying to be a 5. Every Notre Dame fan defending Manti right now would probably be a 3 (with the chance to climb). This idea is in its infancy stages, how can you help?

—Joe, Syracuse

SG: Come on, you barely need any tweaking! You were right there! Fine, I'll help. You should have gone with six levels (you missed one).

Level 1: Reserved for harmless stuff — like Boston fans defending Kevin Garnett every time he acts like a bully or an a-hole (just because he's on our team and we love him and that's what you do when it's your guy), or Cowboys fans blindly defending Tony Romo's litany of choke jobs just because they love Tony Romo, or Miami fans refusing to admit that Dwyane Wade is an occasionally dirty player, or Utah fans arguing that Karl Malone really DID have some clutch moments. All benevolent fan-defending goes here.

Level 2: A blown-out version of the first level — the stakes are a little higher only because there's a little more of that hits-too-close-to-home sensitivity. Like how Ravens fans fly off the handle every time someone jokes about Ray Lewis's incident from 2000. Yes, you could throw Kobe and the Lakers fans in here. As well as Red Sox fans post-2004 right after any steroids joke about Manny or Papi.

Level 3: Any longtime O.J. Simpson fan now making the "If we're going to make excuses for Junior Seau, why can't we make the same excuses for everything that happened to O.J. after he retired? What if he has CTE, too?" defense. This gets its own level. By the way, I'm all-in on the CTE O.J. defense. He should start pushing it right now.

Level 4: Any Notre Dame fan pushing the whole "Look, Manti is the one who's a victim here!" scenario. If you play the catfishing/naive angle hard enough, the "victim" door is juuuuuuuuuuuuuust open enough that they don't sound completely insane. Just marginally insane.

Level 5: Anyone defending baseball cheaters (Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, etc.) with the always hilarious "We don't know for sure" defense or the equally hilarious "Come on, everyone was cheating, any competitive person would have done what they did" defense. All PED defenses go here. So does everyone defending Lance Armstrong's last two decades of lying/cheating/bullying/threatening/intimidating because "he did some real good, too."

Level 6: Anyone who wanted the Paterno statue to stay up; anyone who thinks that Paterno and/or Penn State's administration didn't have an inkling that something was at the very least a little off with Jerry Sandusky; anyone who rushed out a mostly flattering post-scandal biography about Paterno without waiting for the entire investigation to play out; and anyone who said the words, "Well, this may have complicated Joe's legacy, but it didn't change all the great things he did." Welcome to the highest level of Indefensibly Defending Sports Figures.

I'm not into social media, dont have FB or Twitter. I dont online date. But someone explain to me how you have a gf that you've never met? How does that work? And how if you're the biggest name on campus how can you not get a real gf?

Especially if you are calling someone the love of your life. Most guys would need to take her out for a serious test drive with copious amounts of splooge dispensed before going down that road.

I just cant understand why you have your panties in such a bunch! He doesnt need you or any other ND fan fighting for him.

And I seriously doubt anyone on here did something so huge as this.

But go on playing the defender like we're calling your wife and daughter the neighborhood slut. its quite comical

So opposing viewpoints are admonished on this message board? Is Max a dictator of opinions now?

How can you even begin to compare the two? They aren't even on the same level. No crimes have been committed by Manti Te'o at all.

And honestly, thats what his people need to come out and say. They need to tell everyone to **** off, stop bothering him. There is no need for him to tell his story to the public. the only people who need to know are his employers, who will do a thorough check on him and what happened.

I think it would be better for him to keep his mouth shut.

How can you even begin to compare the two? They aren't even on the same level. No crimes have been committed by Manti Te'o at all.

Dude, its Notre Dame. The school puts a bulls eye on themselves. This story is hysterical....you're defending a kid that put this on himself like he's your best friend or wife. Lighten up.

The fact you're going this length to defend him makes me wonder what other types of stuff you'll convince yourself on.

If memory serves, I'm pretty sure you maintained Big Papi never used steroids.

:rl:

So opposing viewpoints are admonished on this message board? Is Max a dictator of opinions now?

No. You just sound like a butt hurt fan who's team has been tarnished by a stupid fake girlfriend story.

And if it was my team, I would totally be ripping the player. Then again, UMass will never have any national notoriety in football.

Dude, its Notre Dame. The school puts a bulls eye on themselves. This story is hysterical....you're defending a kid that put this on himself like he's your best friend or wife. Lighten up.

The fact you're going this length to defend him makes me wonder what other types of stuff you'll convince yourself on.

CARL IS IN ON IT! Thats the only explanation!

Doesn't mean you aren't marginally insane to defend this guy. Either he's a pathological liar or he's a complete retard. There are no alternatives where he's just a good guy who got duped.

Nobody on this board has ever embellished anything in their lives ever evidently. Go on living in your glass houses.

When ND played Alabama my friend asked me who I was betting on. I said "You kidding? Alabama is going to kill them. They should win by 50". I embellished a little bit. Obviously they didn't actually go out and murder any ND players or win by 50, they simply beat them by 28 in the least entertaining BCS championship game ever. This Teo thing seems a little different.

When ND played Alabama my friend asked me who I was betting on. I said "You kidding? Alabama is going to kill them. They should win by 50". I embellished a little bit. Obviously they didn't actually go out and murder any ND players or win by 50, they simply beat them by 28 in the least entertaining BCS championship game ever. This Teo thing seems a little different.

FRAUD!

That still has never been proven, by the way.

Doesn't mean you aren't marginally insane to defend this guy. Either he's a pathological liar or he's a complete retard. There are no alternatives where he's just a good guy who got duped.

That's just simply not true. There are plenty of instances of this being the case.

The rash judgements on this board based on a friggin' Deadspin article, without hearing it from Te'o is ridiculous. I'll glady eat crow if he comes out and he says that he lied big time.

Archived