Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just simply not true. There are plenty of instances of this being the case.

The rash judgements on this board based on a friggin' Deadspin article, without hearing it from Te'o is ridiculous. I'll glady eat crow if he comes out and he says that he lied big time.

He wont. He'll stick with the story already told. Doesnt benefit him telling the complete truth.

Pretty much. If he wasnt in on it he would have spoken immediately. Funny thing is he signed with CAA, they same team that conjured up this whole Jeremy Lin nonsense. The Teo family can bring out all the Samoans they want but Teo is clearly lying and was involved every step of the way. Couldnt happen to a better school.

unfortunately no schadenfreude for me, I've been a lifetime ND fan. But anyone looking at this objectively knows the story doesnt pass the muster test. Too many red flags , too many contradictions, too many things just not adding up and not making sense. No slowly trickling out written statements are going to suffice, he will have to face this music at some point and the sooner the better. Already he's losing the ability to control the narrative and people are filling in the blanks for him. If he has the values and integrity that has been purported , now is the time to show it.

It's going to get worse, not better.

time heals all wounds, it will get better for T'eo . He could barely sneak in the first frame if he runs like the wind at Indy.

The root issue is that Te'o went from a top 10 pick to a cusp top 32 pick because of his play in the nat champ game. A game that everyone saw. also he's an ILB not a pass rusher. Football reasons.

Best case, being heart broken by an internet scammer is an especially embarrassing excuse but it's the best spin for him. Worst case he's a fraudster.

but in the end no one making the decisions cares about excuses or his dead fake girlfriend.

the results is what matters. If Te'o made impact plays (sacks ints) on tv... with the geezers of the league watching. and this whole thing came out, the league would make him a mid first rounder easy.

That's not what happened. He got run over and embarrassed on the big stage.

Assuming he works out well, somebody will take a chance with this guy rd 2 and he will probably be an OK NFL player. if he runs like crap who knows.

it might be a good thing for his career if expectations were lowered. Bad for his pocket but good for his career. He was on track to be a Patrick Willis type pick and chances are he's not that caliber of player. at that position there are other interesting names like Kiko Alonzo and Alec Ogletree.

It went on too long for him to be involved the whole way in my eyes. Having met some athletes in my time, some of them really are social retards. Biggest one I met was Marcus Camby. He came to UMass a scared kid. Barely said a word and was always nervous. Of course, once he started getting women brought to him in the Campus hotel over winter break and free pizza and chicken wings from Dominos, he grew up real quick.

I was a Uconn guy, had a buddy walk into a frat house and saw Lobo getting tagged on a couch. Also had an Art class with some of the mens players, even the socially retarded ones could get a real girl. This is why the 3 year Internet relationship hoax story sounds so implausible. No kid, especially at a school that is suppose to have high academic standards can have someone this stupid in their ranks.

I was a Uconn guy, had a buddy walk into a frat house and saw Lobo getting tagged on a couch. Also had an Art class with some of the mens players, even the socially retarded ones could get a real girl. This is why the 3 year Internet relationship hoax story sounds so implausible. No kid, especially at a school that is suppose to have high academic standards can have someone this stupid in their ranks.

More Rebecca Lobo sex stories please.

I heard Sue Bird was an unrepentant nympho

only Sue Bird story I have is , a friend of mine was at the Big East tourney a few years back and was talking to some guy seated next to him about Uconn hoops ,some how the conversation veered towards Geno Auriemma , my friend says to him" yeah that Geno seems like an assh*le" and the guy says "no, he's really not that bad of a guy at all you'd probably have to know him to like him."

So my friend responds "why do you get that impression from him?" The guy goes "well I actually know him, I'm Sue Birds step father."

My friend being buzzed reaction was "oh wow, no way,Sue Bird yeah she's really hot for a basketball player".

He said the, stepdad just kinda shrugged his shoulders and agreed,lol

I would have loved to seen that. I would have jerked off on her. For some reason, her freakishly ugly looks turned me on in a strange way...

:-D

I would have loved to seen that. I would have jerked off on her. For some reason, her freakishly ugly looks turned me on in a strange way...

:-D

lmao, her Tony Robbins head kinda freak me out, but I would have taken the Lobo challenge. No doubt the guy who was with her was probably thinking , I'm doing Lobo right now.

Why is this a story ? A loser had an imaginary gf. Between Lance's "apology" and this loser you start to wonder why can't the media be focused on something important ?

"Important" stuff has no entertainment value or is depressing. I have to suffer through the media building these people up, it's only fair I get to enjoy them tearing it all back down.

So here is the breakdown:

Never met her, embellished to parents and media about meeting her because he thought it would be weird to be in a relationship without ever meeting someone.

Not a part of the hoax. Those people have contacted him and apologized.

Just a naive kid who was played for a fool over the course of a few months with someone he trusted too much.

Archived